Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Bitcoins- p2p bitcoin trading platform with 0% commission  (Read 1034 times)
OpenBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:03:34 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 02:22:32 PM by OpenBitcoins

Hi I’m David from Open Bitcoins!
We are a p2p bitcoin trading platform where users can sell and buy bitcoins among each other. We provide escrow protection for each transaction to minimize risks for sellers and buyers. Trading bitcoins with people around the world should be as easy and smoothly as handling money in cash. That’s why using our platform is completely free and we do not keep any commission fees!

Our team is really looking forward to work together with the bitcoin community and provide the best experience possible. We are launching the Open Bitcoin platform on March 27th 2017 and really love it if you guys come check it out.

You can visit us at openbitcoins.net

Feel free to ask any questions you like, I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Also feedback of any kind is much appreciated! Smiley

Cheers,
David

PS: If you're interested you can take an insider look at the design of our platform. Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/VVKbe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:19:12 PM

Hi I’m David from Open Bitcoins!
We are a p2p bitcoin trading platform where users can sell and buy bitcoins among each other. We provide escrow protection for each transaction to minimize risks for sellers and buyers. Trading bitcoins with people around the world should be as easy and smoothly as handling money in cash. That’s why using our platform is completely free and we do not keep any commission fees!

Our team is really looking forward to work together with the bitcoin community and provide the best experience possible. We are launching the Open Bitcoin platform on March 17th 2017 and really love it if you guys come check it out.

You can visit us at openbitcoins.net (Coming Soon)

Feel free to ask any questions you like, I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Also feedback of any kind is much appreciated! Smiley

Cheers,
David

PS: If you're interested you can take an insider look at the design of our platform. Check it out:~snip
Move the thread to service announcements board found in here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=84.0
On topic, why would you take zero commission/fees? are you donating to the community or have other methods to earn profit?
Why not first spend a few months in this forum to become at the very least a Senior member for others to check your activity and way of thinking?
Coming out here with a brand new account launching an exchange service is worse than any insult.
Proficient

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:29:58 PM

Announcing this before it's even been released, without building up any trust at all, is not going to make people want to use your service.

People on this forum are rightfully very skeptical about new services like this because it's the sort of thing that can be a scam and keep it's reputation unharmed for a fairly long time (until people get loan repayments, which may be a long time).  Especially in the cryptocurrency world where people can be near-anonymous and make scams which don't get them prosecuted, you have to make sure you can prove your company is legit.

When you make posts like this, you need to let people know exactly why you've made this service, because it seems too good to be true that someone would run a service without any obvious ways of making profit.

I don't necessarily doubt your sincerity myself but you can see why people would and I hope you'll take this advice seriously (even though I'm new myself).
OpenBitcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:01:35 PM

Hi!

Announcing this before it's even been released, without building up any trust at all, is not going to make people want to use your service.

People on this forum are rightfully very skeptical about new services like this because it's the sort of thing that can be a scam and keep it's reputation unharmed for a fairly long time (until people get loan repayments, which may be a long time).  Especially in the cryptocurrency world where people can be near-anonymous and make scams which don't get them prosecuted, you have to make sure you can prove your company is legit.

When you make posts like this, you need to let people know exactly why you've made this service, because it seems too good to be true that someone would run a service without any obvious ways of making profit.

I don't necessarily doubt your sincerity myself but you can see why people would and I hope you'll take this advice seriously (even though I'm new myself).
Posted on: Today at

You're right, I should have gone more in detail as of, why and how we manage to provide this service for free.

The running costs of our platform are very low with only a couple of hundred USD/year for the servers. In fact our costs for legal advice far surpassed any other costs (including platform development). However these are just one time costs that we are willing to accept and cover ourselves.

We are currently considering accepting donations in the future to cover the running costs.

Other than that, we truly believe that exchanging bitcoins with people from all over the world should be availabel for anyone with an internet connection and free of charge.

Our company is registered in Austria in the EU so everybody can look up who exactly is behind this platform. We are not anonymous and are definitely not trying to scam anybody.

On topic, why would you take zero commission/fees? are you donating to the community or have other methods to earn profit?
Why not first spend a few months in this forum to become at the very least a Senior member for others to check your activity and way of thinking?
Coming out here with a brand new account launching an exchange service is worse than any insult.
Posted on: Today at 04

I'd like to apologize, we really don't want to insult anybody here. Some people in our team have in fact had a bitcointalk account for a long peroid of time, however we wanted to use an 'official' OpenBitcoin Account. Sorry if we offended you or anybody else here in the forum.

Cheers,
David
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:24:18 AM

Regardless of whether the cost of running this is just a few hundred dollars or not, I really think you have some motif of earning from this venture. I do hope it is not for scamming though. Usually, like paxful, they charge for escrow fees, will you be charging that fee or you'll also waive it and make everything free?
OpenBitcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:49:08 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 08:59:16 AM by OpenBitcoins

Regardless of whether the cost of running this is just a few hundred dollars or not, I really think you have some motif of earning from this venture. I do hope it is not for scamming though. Usually, like paxful, they charge for escrow fees, will you be charging that fee or you'll also waive it and make everything free?

We are not charging escrow fees. The point of our platform is that buying and selling bitcoins to and from other people around the world should be free.

As I mentioned above, we are considering accepting donations in the future in order to cover our running costs. Smiley

Cheers,
David

Edit: To make my point more clear, in some ways we are trying to take the Wikipedia approach. Users provide the content (in our case buying and selling bitcoins) and we keep the platform running.
Louis09

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:32:31 AM

It will be great to open a new p2p exchange. The main exchange of China is still forbidden withdrew btc。
OpenBitcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:17:54 AM

It will be great to open a new p2p exchange. The main exchange of China is still forbidden withdrew btc。

Yes I read the new about chinese government cracking down on bitcoin exchanges. Very sad news.

However on Open Bitcoins you can just trade with private people all around the world, including China. So the chinese government will have a hard time stopping that if they try.

I'd like to invite you to sign up on our coming soon page, so we can notify you when our platform is up and running! We really appreciate all the early adopters Smiley openbitcoins.net

Cheers,
David form Open Bitcoins
FreelaBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

https://freelabit.network

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:49:23 PM

Yes I read the new about chinese government cracking down on bitcoin exchanges. Very sad news.

However on Open Bitcoins you can just trade with private people all around the world, including China. So the chinese government will have a hard time stopping that if they try.

I'd like to invite you to sign up on our coming soon page, so we can notify you when our platform is up and running! We really appreciate all the early adopters Smiley openbitcoins.net

Cheers,
David form Open Bitcoins
Website is offline, is this project totally dead?

FREELABIT FBF|NO ICO|Up to 15% on Blockchain Deposits|CryptoNight|MEET THE FREELANCING REVOLUTION!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2344886
https://freelabit.network
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: