Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:42:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase & Kraken are a pain when it comes to GBP  (Read 759 times)
roland808 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:11:48 PM

All I want to do is add some GBP to by balance on GDAX or Kraken to set up some buys.
Not that easy though is it.

Coinbase dont support GBP only through some convoluted process which is time consuming and Im not sure I 100% understand how it works.

Kraken Im waiting on tier 3 ID verification to approve which could be 3 days - then its 5 days for a SWIFT transfer.  Obviously the fun might be over by then!

So Im left with two options. 
1. Sell a large portion of my BTC balance on gdax or kraken to get enough GBP to play with the next few days
2. Sell most of my altcoins on Poloniex, transfer the BTC to gdax and sell for GBP that way

I dont really want to be doing either of those so is there a 3rd way? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:49:44 PM

You can try cex.io, but I don't know if they are better. But orderbook is quite empty https://cex.io/btc-gbp

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:12:15 PM

All I want to do is add some GBP to by balance on GDAX or Kraken to set up some buys.

Coinbase dont support GBP only through some convoluted process which is time consuming and Im not sure I 100% understand how it works.

Kraken Im waiting on tier 3 ID verification to approve which could be 3 days - then its 5 days for a SWIFT transfer.  Obviously the fun might be over by then!

1. Sell a large portion of my BTC balance on gdax or kraken to get enough GBP to play with the next few days
2. Sell most of my altcoins on Poloniex, transfer the BTC to gdax and sell for GBP that way

I feel your pain i have signed up for both Kraken and Coinbase in the past and have found the whole process to be tedious.  what exactly are you trying to do?  bitcoin trading? or just purchase bitcoin (longterm)? 
roland808 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:46:21 PM

I feel your pain i have signed up for both Kraken and Coinbase in the past and have found the whole process to be tedious.  what exactly are you trying to do?  bitcoin trading? or just purchase bitcoin (longterm)? 

Its for trading.  Basically betting on there being some sharp drops over the next few days and wanted to set up some orders to try and catch them.  But not willing to sell and of my BTC I have right now.

And for that little extra annoyance gbp/btc has done exactly that today while ive been spending a few days trying to work out why the "deposit" button on coinbase wasnt working.

I could always just "instant buy" btc on coinbase with credit card and sell them straight away but the 3% fee was putting me off.  For SWIFT transfers my bank charges a £15 one off fee.  So I suppose if I were to buy £500 on coinbase I'd pay the same fee as a swift transfer.  Not sure though as I need to read that again and its waay past my bedtime.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: