Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i regenerate my wallet?  (Read 436 times)
Towli (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:29:08 AM

Hello

I found a mail from 2013 containing a 12 letter "recovery passphrase". Im not sure if i have any bitcoins available.
However - when i select "Help - I've lost my Wallet Password" the line in which i am supposed to enter the 12 word code turns red.
If i delete one of the words, the line turns blue (like now i could go) but know there is only 11 words.
Can i re-generealte what coins i may have only by help of the 12 words long recovery phrase or do i need something else also?
Why does the line turn red, when copy pasting the 12 words long phrase?

Thanks a lot for any assistance !

/Towli - Denmark
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 12:48:19 AM

For what wallet?

Towli (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:12:36 AM

Hi

Some wallet, for which i cannot remember my password, but it's tied to my email account, as i get a mail upon trying to log in. However i cannot recover my password/ my wallet because of the problem described.

/T
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 09:16:32 AM

Hi

Some wallet, for which i cannot remember my password, but it's tied to my email account, as i get a mail upon trying to log in. However i cannot recover my password/ my wallet because of the problem described.

/T

I think that achow101 means that we need to know which "brand" of wallet you were using... From what i can deduct, it was some kind of online wallet, since you received an email with a recovery phrase...
That being said, there are dozens of online wallets... so we at least need to know which one you're talking about.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Towli (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:48:36 AM

Thank you !
I thought we only had Blockchain.
I will investigate further.

/T
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:00:25 AM

Thank you !

/T

I think that you make mistake with the meaning of wallet recovery. It is possible but only when you made wallet backup - it is the most important thing when you think about Bitcoin seriously.
Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 07:46:59 AM

Thank you !

/T

what is use wallet blokchain.info, i think in new blockchain can't regenerate addres
if you want safe use blokchain is good you can import addres another service, save private key, and import to blokchain.info
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:52:53 AM

I think that you make mistake with the meaning of wallet recovery. It is possible but only when you made wallet backup - it is the most important thing when you think about Bitcoin seriously.
You mean private key backup? but not all web wallet has its feature, so we can't assure that you can get a backup for that instead 12 passphrases recovery will do.
what is use wallet blokchain.info, i think in new blockchain can't regenerate addres
What are you talking about? Who tell you that you can't generate new address from blockchain.i
if you want safe use blokchain is good you can import addres another service, save private key, and import to blokchain.info
Well as I can understand you, much better if you do that instead of using blockchain.i HD wallets.

To OP I guess you should tell us and try to remember if what web wallet you used or where it from(12 passphrases) so you can recover those bitcoin of that wallet if there is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: