Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether/USDT verification  (Read 7102 times)
ulhaq (OP)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:20:37 AM

Has anyone undergone their verification process to buy USDT directly and what is required? It used to be 2 forms of photo ID, bank statement, etc, etc, but that was a year ago, is it still the case? I do not mind verifying my identity but I would be more concerned that tether would get hacked and then I'd have to worry about identity theft.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 02:43:25 AM

requirement ID verification in tether/USDT ini tether.to is very high
and not all country supported and can join to USDT, in my country not support to join in tether.to
so you can't upload fake ID, must new and not fake
tobi4255

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:54:12 AM

Has anyone undergone their verification process to buy USDT directly and what is required? It used to be 2 forms of photo ID, bank statement, etc, etc, but that was a year ago, is it still the case? I do not mind verifying my identity but I would be more concerned that tether would get hacked and then I'd have to worry about identity theft.

Even though subject is a tad bit old, here goes.

I just did my verifications a few days ago.. I am from Denmark and my country is supported Smiley

The process was insane to be honest. I had to:
  • Upload proof of residence (not older than a couple months).
  • Upload a selfie with me, my passport, and a custom message with date and the word "tether" + my signature it
  • Upload the bio-data page of my passport + enter passport number
  • Upload both a front and a back scan of my national ID card.
  • Connect my mobile phone to their 2fa security
  • Connect my Bank account with iban number / Swift etc.

So far, i've waited 3 days time for a response or approval. If anyone is considering verifiying a tether.to account then please be aware they wont accept screenshots etc of your documents, only files scanned are approved.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:02:54 PM

why the hell are you going balls deep with tether considering you still can't turn them into real dollars?
tobi4255

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:20:40 PM

why the hell are you going balls deep with tether considering you still can't turn them into real dollars?

Say whaaaat? It is explicitly mentioned on their site that verified users can withdraw USDT to their connected bank account at a 1-to-1 rate for real USD..

You are saying this is not possible "still"?

Please elaborate that.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

Say whaaaat? It is explicitly mentioned on their site that verified users can withdraw USDT to their connected bank account at a 1-to-1 rate for real USD..

Please elaborate that.

tether has the same problems that bitfinex does. they bank in taiwan and taiwanese banking has been frozen out of international transfers. you can't put money in or take it out. this was a few weeks ago and nothing's changed since.

at one point tether had fallen to about 91c per dollar in the places you can trade it against usd like kraken.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/tethers-bank-problems-create-unease-as-token-value-slides-below-1
tobi4255

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:25:49 PM

Please elaborate that.

tether has the same problems that bitfinex does. they bank in taiwan and taiwanese banking has been frozen out of international transfers. you can't put money in or take it out. this was a few weeks ago and nothing's changed since.

How professional of them to put a notice somewhere on the site. *excuse my sarcasm*

I've heard some major concerns being aired regarding Bitfinex. Should i worry that USDT could go belly-up, or simply dissappear?

I did not know Bitfinex and Tether.to was affiliated. Thank you for the info Sir!

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:27:55 PM

How professional of them to put a notice somewhere on the site. *excuse my sarcasm*

I've heard some major concerns being aired regarding Bitfinex. Should i worry that USDT could go belly-up, or simply dissappear?

I did not know Bitfinex and Tether.to was affiliated. Thank you for the info Sir!

one thing bitfinex has never been is professional.

bitfinex's parent company, ifinex, is involved with tether.

read their terms and conditions carefully and you won't be reassured.

https://tether.to/legal/

"There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers."

maybe it'll all be fine but there's no way i'd take the risk.
ulhaq (OP)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:05:08 PM

Current value of tether: $0.971510 USD

So almost 3% off. If you were to purchase it now and it gets back to dollar parity, then you would make a 3% profit.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:06:37 PM

I just did my verifications a few days ago.. I am from Denmark and my country is supported Smiley

• Upload a selfie with me, my passport, and a custom message with date and the word "tether" + my signature it

So far, i've waited 3 days time for a response or approval. If anyone is considering verifiying a tether.to account then please be aware they wont accept screenshots etc of your documents, only files scanned are approved.

Wow, this is really crazy! Here I was thinking that some gambling sites had ridiculous requirements for verification, but Tether apparently plays in yet another league.

It is interesting though, that in the bloodbath today, Tether seems to be the stable safe harbour due to its unique nature compared to all the other cryptos.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

The verification is just so strict.

marioG

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

I'm using USDT at Poloniex, and never had any issue.
sp_skeptic

Activity: 110
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:02:27 PM

Please elaborate that.

Read the terms of service. Tether specifically and unequivocally disclaims any obligation to exchange Tethers for fiat.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:11:04 PM

Wow, this is really crazy! Here I was thinking that some gambling sites had ridiculous requirements for verification, but Tether apparently plays in yet another league.

It is interesting though, that in the bloodbath today, Tether seems to be the stable safe harbour due to its unique nature compared to all the other cryptos.

you're dealing in dollars ultimately, and it's a dollar token put together by ass covering idiots who have long practiced zero transparency. of course they're gonna try and dot the i's.
derzsia

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:12:51 AM

Im waiting for 10 days, no verificationn nothing hapening. I think the site is dead.
Where can is buy tether with Mastercard, Some other place  than tether.to please? Thx.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:14:37 AM

Im waiting for 10 days, no verificationn nothing hapening. I think the site is dead.
Where can is buy tether with Mastercard, Some other place  than tether.to please? Thx.

it's designed to be bought with bitcoin, eth, and any other crypto pairing.

there is a usd/tether market on kraken. you won't be able to use a card.

sobadsoccer

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

I am currently 7 days submitted waiting for verification...nothing happening. 

I remember I set up a MtGox account in 2013 and did not get verified before that whole fiasco...luckily before I funded.  Hopefully this is not dejavu.

Ill come back and let you know when approved...  Tether if you are reading this...get on it!
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:27:14 PM

I am currently 7 days submitted waiting for verification...nothing happening. 

I remember I set up a MtGox account in 2013 and did not get verified before that whole fiasco...luckily before I funded.  Hopefully this is not dejavu.

Ill come back and let you know when approved...  Tether if you are reading this...get on it!

what's the point getting verified when you can't move money in or out? tether currently has no banking unless you're in taiwan, but they said they've moved money out so who knows where it is now?
lisnic

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:16:26 PM

Waiting verification from 20.03.2017...  Today is 04.06.2017  Cry   
Writed some times to support:"Answer: Please wait..."
MrPilot

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:43:25 PM

Waiting verification from 20.03.2017...  Today is 04.06.2017  Cry   
Writed some times to support:"Answer: Please wait..."

I also signed up but a bit more recently (approx. 2 weeks ago). For most of that time absolutely nothing has happened with regard to Tether's verification of my ID details. I was getting very concerned so withdrew my Tethers to Poloniex, swapped it for ETH or BTC then transferred that to CoinBase where I sold it for Euros so that I could transfer that to my UK bank. What a fiasco when you think about it, and charges all along the way.

Going back to Tether though; yesterday I noticed that Tether had *finally* updated the ID verification page. They haven't checked/approved it yet (no sections at all and there are several which took many hours to sort out and upload) but at least they've now given me a position in the queue. F.Y.I. it's in excess of number 1500. I also waited to see how many the number dropped by in the last 24 hours and the number is a disappointing 6! So, at that rate, I need to wait another 8+ months before they'll get to even look at my data. Hmm. Not a great system if you ask me but I guess they now have their dollars so probably have no great urgency to swap them back to Tether crypto tokens.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: