Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoHolder - Follow your favorite cryptocurrences right from your pocket  (Read 777 times)
kazzkiq (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 05:58:03 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 08:28:27 PM by kazzkiq

CryptoHolder

Follow your favorite cryptocurrences right from your pocket

CryptoHolder is a simple, free, and 100% client-side service which lets enthusiasts choose from more than 700 cryptocurrencies to create a customizable "wallet" of prices, following their prices is realtime.

No account is needed. All the data is saved locally at your browser and you can delete/add new coins at any given time!

Questions

Where the prices come from?
They come from API services from exchanges like Poloniex and projects like CoinMarketCap.

How often does the prices get updated?
The prices get updated in CryptoHolder API every 60 seconds. On the client the update is done every 1-2 minutes, but users can force an "update" in prices by refreshing the application.

Can I see the price in other currencies instead of USD?
At the moment, no. This would require access to multiple exchanges across the world in order to display correct prices for each cryptocurrency in each country, a huge overhead for development at the moment.

Why not an native app?
The decision to make CryptoHolder an PWA (Progressive Web App) was to keep it dynamic and fast, both for enthusiasts and casual users. Casual users can access the application via URL anytime they want without installing anything to their devices, while enthusiasts can choose to install it on desktop as a "native app" by choosing this option in their mobile browser (both Android and iOS have this option in their browsers).

Is CryptoHolder free?
Yes! The idea behind this project is to give an elegant and fast way for cryptocurrency enthusiasts to follow their currencies prices. The project, with the features it has right now, is and always will be free.

Why some currencies have colors and others don't?
The currencies identified by color and logo watermarks are considered "1st class citizens" in the application. There is virtually no diference from them and other currencies other than visual enhancement. The coins that receive this design feature are the ones who hold the top positions at trading volume and market cap. Other coins may be added to this "colorful list" eventually.

https://i.imgur.com/okxnI4b.jpg

Feel free to send any questions!  Smiley

https://cryptoholder.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:57:43 PM

Nice app. It's interesting to put in PWA.
Added to my home screen browser.

That will be better if there are a bitcoin pair price option for altcoin, because I see there are just a USD (I think for fiat pair price just USD is good enough).
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:06:21 AM

Interesting project.700 cryptocurrencies?I thought that most of the altcoins are pump&dump scams.Why do we have to track their prices?
Is there any way for you to monetize this idea in order to cover the costs?
How do you plan to promote this and get more users?

kazzkiq (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 06:41:00 AM

That will be better if there are a bitcoin pair price option for altcoin, because I see there are just a USD (I think for fiat pair price just USD is good enough).
Makes sense, there are some interesting features on the roadmap, this could be one of them for sure.

Interesting project.700 cryptocurrencies?I thought that most of the altcoins are pump&dump scams.Why do we have to track their prices?
Why not? I mean, sure they're not relevant for most people and maybe they shouldn't even be given space and attention, but the main focus os this app is to give any cryptocurrency enthusiast the option to follow his/her coin, no matter which coin it is. Also, the overhead of filtering every new coin out there (and every coin from those 700 which falls into the subjective "scam" group) would simply take too much time and energy. Let people choose what they want and ignore what they don't.  Tongue

Is there any way for you to monetize this idea in order to cover the costs?
Costs are minimal. This project is running on an instance which costs me about two beers per month, and I would be paying the same amount even if I had not built this project, as I like to maintain a "playground server" up for any future projects. I did some tests and it seems that this setup can handle literally millions of visits per month without needing a server upgrade. No big deal (for now).

As I'm not a big fan of ads, I don't think putting them on the application (and breaking its layout, annoying users) would be a good approach. I have some plans for more advanced features, those which could maybe come in a "premium" version, for more advanced users. A symbolic value that would help pay the bills if things escalate too much.

How do you plan to promote this and get more users?
Well, thats a good question, and I'm totally open to sugestions.  Grin
I've announced the app on some Bitcoin closed groups in Telegram and Facebook, but that's it. I don't really know any nice place to advertise this app, maybe I post it on Product Hunt in the future, but for now, I've reached every channel related to cryptocurrencies that I know of (social media groups and this forum, that is). I'm open to suggestions in this topic, to be honest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: