Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about electrum wallet  (Read 351 times)
oaks05 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:28:24 PM

I sent bitcoin to my electrum wallet i received it, decided to send a little more to that wallet so i put in the same address i sent to the first time, hasnt showed up yet and now when I click on bitcoin receive address the receive address is different than before am i missing something here?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:34:31 PM

I sent bitcoin to my electrum wallet i received it, decided to send a little more to that wallet so i put in the same address i sent to the first time, hasnt showed up yet and now when I click on bitcoin receive address the receive address is different than before am i missing something here?

No, nothing's missing.
A new address is generated for anonmity purposes once the old address has been used once. You can still use the old address as it's still owned by your wallet.

What is the TX id of the second transaction (or the address you sent it from)?
oaks05 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:37:53 PM

wish i could tell ya, i see that electrum changes there recieving id's and you can use the new or the old but ya i sent it via coinbase it doesnt give me the TX id for some reason, just the bitcoin address sent too and the amount. guess i just got to be patient.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 11:57:56 PM

wish i could tell ya, i see that electrum changes there recieving id's and you can use the new or the old but ya i sent it via coinbase it doesnt give me the TX id for some reason, just the bitcoin address sent too and the amount. guess i just got to be patient.
Electrum has your transaction history. You can get the txids of your sends from there. Double click the transaction and it will open up full details with the txids.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:07:13 AM

What was the electurm address you sent it to? In order to check if the transaction was sent to the right address or not (if so then the TXid can be viewed from there).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: