Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was getrawtransaction deprecated in v0.14.0, and what should I use instead?  (Read 668 times)
687_2 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:39:51 AM

I just wrote some code yesterday that uses getrawtransaction, so I'll need to make some changes  Undecided

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:42:58 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

In the future just make sure txindex is enabled if you want to use getrawtransaction. It still works for now, and it's not definite yet that you will need to enable txindex to use it in the future.

- Use of `getrawtransaction` for retrieving confirmed transactions with unspent
   outputs has been deprecated. For now this will still work, but in the future
   it may change to only be able to retrieve information about transactions in
   the mempool or if `txindex` is enabled

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:36:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it was never meant to work without txindex in the first place; this only works now because of how unspent outputs are managed, which may change in the future. You must use txindex for getrawtransaction to work in all cases.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: