Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trading  (Read 11315 times)
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:13:08 PM

In altcoin trading,is day trading profitable or trading on a long term basis?
When talking about the long term basis i choose ico where there are chance that ico can pump when it launch in the market exchange short term of trading can be profitable too depends on the potencial of the altcoin that you choose.
Usually ICO will run for long term ? I guess some altcoin devs ran it up to 10 weeks not more than that I never heard. During ICO also you may sell to other forum members but buying at nearly days would be the catch to make profit with ICO.

It seems a good idea to make quick profits but I'm not finding it is a kind of day trading. Still it is a good way of making profits indirectly trading altcoins yes in ICO itself.
i am personally not in favour of day trading and specially when the price of bitcoin is already trading in a high price. i like to invest my bitcoin for a long term where there are very little chances to lose money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:18:17 PM

When talking about the long term basis i choose ico where there are chance that ico can pump when it launch in the market exchange short term of trading can be profitable too depends on the potencial of the altcoin that you choose.
Usually ICO will run for long term ? I guess some altcoin devs ran it up to 10 weeks not more than that I never heard. During ICO also you may sell to other forum members but buying at nearly days would be the catch to make profit with ICO.

It seems a good idea to make quick profits but I'm not finding it is a kind of day trading. Still it is a good way of making profits indirectly trading altcoins yes in ICO itself.
i am personally not in favour of day trading and specially when the price of bitcoin is already trading in a high price. i like to invest my bitcoin for a long term where there are very little chances to lose money.
If you can be  a long term holder in bitcoin you can not lose if you can stay holding your bitcoin for a long time..
If you seen that the price of bitcoin is going to down it doesn't meant that the price of bitcoin will continues to decreased.. it will increase back soon just like these months.
For ICO coins i am always afraid to invest in those ICO coins because 2/10 are legit.. and most of them are scam..
My choices is to choose the altcoin which is live for a long time or in already top rankings those are increasing value and there is a big changed from last year to now..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:34:31 PM

Trading in a long term basis is very  profitable things and those assets coins belongs to these of course was number 1 was Bitcoin of course and next are altcoin which is potentials like xem, maid, ltc, eth, bay, and others. While day trading is also profitable in a short term period of  time not in a long term basis trading.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:18:37 AM

Trading in a long term basis is very  profitable things and those assets coins belongs to these of course was number 1 was Bitcoin of course and next are altcoin which is potentials like xem, maid, ltc, eth, bay, and others. While day trading is also profitable in a short term period of  time not in a long term basis trading.
Your right longterm trading is very profitable right now in growing altcoin but we need to take care what we should hold for a long time but me i know what it its and its XEM or "NEM" i hold it for a month now and still counting haha and i hope this one can make my future be nice
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:50:29 AM

Altcoin market is highly volatile.So only day trading would be profitable in altcoins and if trading in altcoins is done on a long term basis,then it will not be profitable as many coins would disappear in certain duration of time and the trader may end with loss.
that's right, altcoin is really volatile because it have little volume really different if you compare to bitcoin, bitcoin have billion dollars volume while altcoin only just few thousand dollars volume

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MiXxe

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:45:52 AM

Your right longterm trading is very profitable right now in growing altcoin but we need to take care what we should hold for a long time but me i know what it its and its XEM or "NEM" i hold it for a month now and still counting haha and i hope this one can make my future be nice
Its good to hold a particular coin if it have a great roadmap ongoing and XEM is also a good one . Its better while holding to take some amounts for you to play even a small profit  Wink

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

Altcoin market is highly volatile.So only day trading would be profitable in altcoins and if trading in altcoins is done on a long term basis,then it will not be profitable as many coins would disappear in certain duration of time and the trader may end with loss.
That is the hallmark of altcoin trading. Altcoin usually only lasts for some time. If it has a profit then I suggest to sell altcoin that we have. In altcoin doing pump by dev is a reasonable thing. So take the opportunity as best you can.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:40:53 AM

I prefer day trading in alt coin, making full use of some news that can drive the price up or down. ICO is one of the best source of profit if you want to  day trading as some coin with lots of hype will drive it's price up. Longterm is also profitable but you should have the patience and see if your alt has clear roadmap and dev.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kidoseagle0312

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:55:58 PM

day trading was a very profitable things, where you can only do it in the exchange platform. I knew most of the good traders doing this method  of bitcoin earnings. And some traders applied trading on a long term basis, all they had to do is patience must be applied while holding  their coins until the highest peak amount of price will be reach before they sell it.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:34:40 AM

i think different people have their own experience in day trading and in long term investment, as some people like to invest their money for long term as they totally want to avoid risk of losing money, as there are very little chances of losing money in long term investment, while some people have good experience in day trading and they cannot wait for a long time, and they can make good profit from day trading. therefore i think it is different from person to person to choice their choice.
kidoseagle0312

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:13:39 PM

Day trading can be profitable if you know what you are doing and understand both the fundamentals and the technical s.  Some of the altcoins can co;;apse in price at anytime, i should know i have been caught out a few times after starting a trade.  So you need big swingers sometimes.

Actually, day trading is really profitable it is a major factor of getting bitcoin earnings in this industry. That's why some of the member here wanted to learn bitcoin trading quickly, but there's no short cut in learning in terms of doing doing trade in the exchange platform. especially in day trade is a quick profit in a short period time therefore traders must focus in this for time to time.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:50:09 PM

If anyone has any experience day trading altcoins and is actually turning a good profit, I'd be willing to throw some coin your way if you actually get me making money. I've got a few hundred dollars that I want to play around with and turn into much more, and I figure since I've been in the bitcoin community for so long that day trading altcoins is going to be much more natural to me than day trading forex.

Is it actually possible to trade altcoins as if it were forex and make big bucks, or do you just have to get lucky and hope one of the altcoins you're holding explodes?
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

If you can be  a long term holder in bitcoin you can not lose if you can stay holding your bitcoin for a long time..
If you seen that the price of bitcoin is going to down it doesn't meant that the price of bitcoin will continues to decreased.. it will increase back soon just like these months.
For ICO coins i am always afraid to invest in those ICO coins because 2/10 are legit.. and most of them are scam..
My choices is to choose the altcoin which is live for a long time or in already top rankings those are increasing value and there is a big changed from last year to now..

Indeed investment basically bitcoin has the advantage in the long term that could be said. Because of the limits of the maximum price of the bitcoin decline was 4 years (I think). ICO and also has the possibility of similar to this, but I need to know to follow ICO then it should always be careful to not get a bad thing. Everyone did want to get value and a good profit

Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:37:29 AM

The crypto market is a very high volatile market and so the movement of prices are very drastic and day trading is always a profitable way to make some money in a market like this and as long as the market is on a positive note we can make the most dough and the alt coin market had a good month as we saw all the coins having a good rally.I do take into consideration the average risk and the price so that i wont end up holding the coins for a longer time.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:32:42 AM

in my opinion day trading is profitable and it actually is more profitable than doing it long term.
because altcoins are usually dead in the long term or even if they are not dead like the top altcoins, they have very lengthy dead times in between their pumps.
this means in the short term when they are getting pumped or even having daily fluctuations you can get in and make some profit.
There is no certain answer I think, it depends on:
- which coin do you want to trade, is it new coin which has potential after launch to the cryptocurrency market, this coin may be profitable in the right time after reach higher peak, after dump it may very hard to rise again.

-  or some famous coins such as monero, byteball, zcash, dash and ethereum ; these altcoins could be profitable in short and long term as has been proven all this time.
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:47:07 AM

Ofcourse long term trading is more profitable then in day trading , Because with the time the value of the altcoins turned Into many times prices , so long term trading is more profitable .
But if you will see at the day trading then Ofcourse day trading is also profitable but is small then what we can gain in the long term trading .
In the day trading you have very less chances of the loss , so day trading is almost more profitable Because if you made your deals complete on the current day then you don't need to worry that particular coin will be delisted from the exchange or not and etc etc .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:04:07 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 08:59:54 AM by Phyton76

Ofcourse long term trading is more profitable then in day trading , Because with the time the value of the altcoins turned Into many times prices , so long term trading is more profitable .
But if you will see at the day trading then Ofcourse day trading is also profitable but is small then what we can gain in the long term trading .
In the day trading you have very less chances of the loss , so day trading is almost more profitable Because if you made your deals complete on the current day then you don't need to worry that particular coin will be delisted from the exchange or not and etc etc .

Actally, we can't say which is more profitable since it is upon  the way or what we are trading. Both of them are profitable. It depends on a trader on what strategy he is doing and what currency he is trading.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:26:16 AM

To be honest, it is not so easy to reply to such an answer, there are so many mistakes in your posts that it is just overwhelming.
You should read you post twice or even three times, because other forum participants may have problems with understanding that.

I dont see a point in saying that alt-coin trading on a long term is more efficient than trading them in a different fashion, because it is still up to the person who is making decisions. But there is no doubt that making a thousand of good decisions is harder than making hundred of them.

Smiley
asyakashi

Activity: 1918
Merit: 256

Just.bet - Decentralized On-chain Casino

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:31:52 PM

Every trader has different trade principles, long term or daily. It depends on the desired profit target. The most important are always discipline and always be grateful with profits. Wink

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet$  $
  $
$  $
  $
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
CARD GAMES
PLINKO
HORSE RACING
WHEEL
DICE
ROULETTE
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
✅ ONE CLICK BETS
✅ FASTEST VRF
✅ WEEKLY REWARDS
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:39:13 PM

Every trader has different trade principles, long term or daily. It depends on the desired profit target. The most important are always discipline and always be grateful with profits. Wink

That is true, since each has different preferences. For me I prefer short trading and I just put my BUY Order at my desired price. Then even I have a small margin, I SELL it then wait again to buy at may desired price. Buy LOW Sell high, is greatly practiced Smiley If I cannot sold/buy a coins, I review my Order almost everyday.

I have also long term coins but I do not stock in bulk, just enough. I prefer my currency in BTC always.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: