Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF approval 72% favour?  (Read 1773 times)
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 09:11:44 PM

the key is to stop the debate from two opposite directions or greedy for an argument, to rethink the future of bitcoin at least they really find a solution not to compete who should be heard for Segwit or BU Smiley

I would rather have them the debate than working silently surprising us of the hidden catch of their plans.  Debating in a  healthful way like pointing out flaws and possible negative effect to the users when time come is good.  Aside from that both party will make their best to deliver the best possible solution even taking each opposing party's point to make the best out of it.

It is good to see 72% are in favor of ETF approval, I think those users who are not in favor are wanting to accumulate Bitcoin more since once ETF is approved, we can see Bitcoin price to gradually increase and it will be much expensive for them to buy BTC.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

The insider traders have already grabbed their share of the profits.... The people hanging around now, are only people who got swayed by the

hype. We have seen what New York did with the BitLicence and history will repeat itself with this ETF. The masters behind the riches of this world

will not allow the ETF to go through and they think this will stop Bitcoin. They have not seen anything yet, this is just the beginning.  Wink

How do you already know that insiders have taken profits, which directly translates into you assuming that the ETF won't come through? If that was really the case, then the price would jump up to far higher levels where the dump would be felt immensely. So far we have gone through normal dumps that most long term Bitcoiners are very familiar with. That aside, this ETF isn't so big that it will do much damage to Bitcoin. At worst a denial will result in a possible test of $1000 which I believe will hold.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:04:53 PM

The insider traders have already grabbed their share of the profits.... The people hanging around now, are only people who got swayed by the

hype. We have seen what New York did with the BitLicence and history will repeat itself with this ETF. The masters behind the riches of this world

will not allow the ETF to go through and they think this will stop Bitcoin. They have not seen anything yet, this is just the beginning.  Wink

How do you already know that insiders have taken profits, which directly translates into you assuming that the ETF won't come through? If that was really the case, then the price would jump up to far higher levels where the dump would be felt immensely. So far we have gone through normal dumps that most long term Bitcoiners are very familiar with. That aside, this ETF isn't so big that it will do much damage to Bitcoin. At worst a denial will result in a possible test of $1000 which I believe will hold.

If there is a rejection, which at this point is highly unlikely I think, there will be a 20-50% temporary drop in price. Again, a TEMPORARY drop. The price will recover by the end of the year regardless, unless BU splits the blockchain, then all bets are off as far as how far we drop and how long we stay there.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

If there is a rejection, which at this point is highly unlikely I think, there will be a 20-50% temporary drop in price. Again, a TEMPORARY drop. The price will recover by the end of the year regardless, unless BU splits the blockchain, then all bets are off as far as how far we drop and how long we stay there.
I'll hope that ETF won't affect the price of bitcoin if ETF will rejected since i think this is not the reason why the price for bitcoin right now are still increase back after down yesterday.. 
And i think ETF approval has only small chance to be approve..

Make crypto as your bank.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:55:01 PM

will not allow the ETF to go through and they think this will stop Bitcoin. They have not seen anything yet, this is just the beginning.  Wink

It's fantastic that the ETF will be a great help to get institutional investors on board, but it's not such a major development that it will crash down the price with 50% in case of a denial. Even not for a very short time. Especially when you consider that it's the demand that accounts for the majority of the growth that the price experienced so far. The only thing that has the ability to push the price down that far is the ongoing block size "war" between different sides. And then more the negative results.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:30:32 AM

It seems around 72% of public is in favour of bitcoin ETF approval.The other 28% have raised the issue i.e., the fear of hard fork.Will Bitcoin ETF will be approved soon?

It is better if we just wait for the decision of ETF's approval. No speculations. Whatever the result is, bitcoin is in good path.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:02:45 AM

I want to know where that percentage you got from, any source of it? Well most of the bitcoin community is in favor of ETF though the question is really tough which SEC is the one that will answer it. We don't have choice for now and wait what will be the decision of it. But many of us here are hoping that it will be approved.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-bitcoin-etf-approval-is-likely-72-percent-in-favor-so-far

Cointelegraph is well known for promoting even scams as we have seen in it's history of posting . You just pay them a good amount of money and they can write whatever you ask them. 72% sounds not very plausible to me and I think this statistic is wrong. Anyway I am waiting for the 11 March.

Those cases you are mentioning is different from this and well the real is that I don't know if that 72% is believable. Though this is for the good of us if approval does have higher approval rate rather than decline. 1 more day to go or I've read somewhere here on forum that ETF approval will on the 13th? Well regardless of the date, it's coming near.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:12:23 AM

It seems around 72% of public is in favour of bitcoin ETF approval.The other 28% have raised the issue i.e., the fear of hard fork.Will Bitcoin ETF will be approved soon?
Only public is in favour of bitcoin ETF but not the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission ) and they are the one who have to give approval. So i don't think bitcoin ETF will be approved today (March 10) by them. I am thinking about buying more bitcoin if there will be some price correction after this.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:39:08 AM

Still think there is no way the ETF will pass. As a Bureaucracy...ie keep our gov't jobs with as little risk as possible..why add to the work?...the safe bet is to punt it down the road and say you are looking other alternative ETF's down the road..and everything has to 'simmer' longer on a decision...just what I think

then again 800 usd BTC again would be 'rather nice'

on the other hand

1500 plus BTC would also be nice

I see no way to lose on this ..whatever they decide Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:46:41 AM

From what i read most favour that ecision will be negative. And btw it will be on 13th not 11th. As it's saturday.
I also think in line with what you have read if favour of that decision will be negative then what is the need of approving it now? But because of the panic and speculation it has generated disapproval will create havoc to bitcoin as many will sell off bitcoin out of panic.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: