Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips buying BTC with paypal from high rep people?  (Read 811 times)
gannikus (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:29:18 AM

Ok so I see that "sublime5447" seems like a reputable paypal seller. I know that paypal is risky for both members but are there any tips on buying from paypal? Like if you screenshot every message etc

I'm willing to do whatever it is necessary to protect the seller and myself, so when messaging we will clearly say what the deal is. NO BS

I'll do whatever the seller wants (for ex, clearly say what the deal is and every detail needed) as long as I get the BTC in the end  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tahar

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:30:41 AM

It's much higher risk for the seller because of Paypal policies on chargebacks and electronic goods. Not sure i'd ever have the confidence to sell them though i have bought small amounts with no issues.
Joshster

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:32:11 AM

Ok so I see that "sublime5447" seems like a reputable paypal seller. I know that paypal is risky for both members but are there any tips on buying from paypal? Like if you screenshot every message etc

I'm willing to do whatever it is necessary to protect the seller and myself, so when messaging we will clearly say what the deal is. NO BS

I'll do whatever the seller wants (for ex, clearly say what the deal is and every detail needed) as long as I get the BTC in the end  Cool

Sorry mate, but I think you're going to have to forget PayPal as a option for you. No one really likes accepting PayPal. If you're from the US you can go grab a Moneypak from stores like Walgreens and load up some cash on there and give it to a seller in exchange for some BTC. If you're not from the USA and from the UK then a UK Bank Transfer is possible and also free. Failing that then Western Union and MoneyGram for other countries, only really use these for large orders of BTC as the sending fee is pretty hefty.

I wish you luck on your BTC buying adventure.
gannikus (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:38:10 AM

Someone mentioned in the sticky thread that he screenshoted all the messages and paypal went in favor of him.

For moneypak, are there any fees for it? So I basically just look for a high rep person on this forum to buy it correct?
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:38:31 AM

I buy and sell for paypal if you would like to buy some coins you will have to go trough our procedure but shouldn't be a problem if you aren't a scammer
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:40:05 AM

not many big companies accept paypal. only with high fees.
Joshster

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:44:00 AM

Someone mentioned in the sticky thread that he screenshoted all the messages and paypal went in favor of him.

For moneypak, are there any fees for it? So I basically just look for a high rep person on this forum to buy it correct?

Moneypak just costs the buyer 5 USD for the card itself, then they just upload funds to it. Then you just give the code to the seller and they upload the funds to their PP and have no risk of a charge back.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:48:09 AM

So you want to get 1 coin instead of 115 it is 120 plus trip to the store, atm fee, time, moneypak sucks. Cant reuse the card either 400 limit on moneypak where I am at. garbage imo.
gannikus (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:51:22 AM

Gas can get pretty expensive also

sublime I pm'd ya, I'm not sure if it sent
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:20:30 AM

Ya I sent a reply looking forward to trading on monday.  Smiley
steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:42:08 AM

Not all hero members are created equal. Do your due diligence in researching information about them like join date, how many ignores they have, the quality of their posts, etc. I haven't heard of sublime scamming anyone, but I'd hardly call him reputable

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:06:57 PM

I accept paypal as payment but there is a 48 hour holding period.
Joshster

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:08:22 PM

I accept paypal as payment but there is a 48 hour holding period.

The holding period will do nothing for you buddy, try avoid PayPal.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:50:29 PM

Man what a bunch of assholes around here, steamboat...your a dick..I am reputable and yes holding the funds for 48 hours is an excellent way to hedge against the risk of hacked accounts. it will not be full proof by a long shot but paypal does normally catch scammers with in 48 hours.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:52:56 PM

I have bought BTC from trusted Paypal sellers before until they got ratted out to Paypal and their account closed and the funds frozen. Pretty tragic but plenty of rats so I'd be careful.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:12:35 PM

Please anyone who wants call paypal and tell them I am selling btc and ltc tell them my name is chris north and my ebay store is northoutbaords. I have talked to then at least 25 times about selling coins, they dont give a shit. When I sell coins paypal gets a cut. I have been threatened countless times with this, I'm going to call paypal and tell them you are doing shit, they dont care.
I will honer all of my trades and payments no matter what happens to my paypal or bank account. I will put up my mining rigs as collateral on my trades if you deal with me you won't get screwed no matter what!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:13:33 PM

Paypal and bitcoin? Scam detected. Lol at high rep seller. The buyer is the problem, not the seller  Roll Eyes

Joshster

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:14:26 PM

PayPal don't care if your selling virtual goods, I have spoke to them about BTC and MMORPG items. They just tell you that you have no protection with them, as long as you don't get in debt with them due to charge back issues they don't care. Money is money to them.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:17:06 PM

Please anyone who wants call paypal and tell them I am selling btc and ltc tell them my name is chris north and my ebay store is northoutbaords. I have talked to then at least 25 times about selling coins, they dont give a shit. When I sell coins paypal gets a cut. I have been threatened countless times with this, I'm going to call paypal and tell them you are doing shit, they dont care.
I will honer all of my trades and payments no matter what happens to my paypal or bank account. I will put up my mining rigs as collateral on my trades if you deal with me you won't get screwed no matter what!

As someone who has also contacted them and gained proof via email of them confirming nothing will happen - it will. Just wait until you're a big enough threat to them and watch them take you down. Corporations aren't people, morals go out of the window when protecting their business, I have also had thousands of dollars stolen through eBay as they have failed to deliver the "buyer protection" they have promised. They are a bunch of criminals saving their own asses for another day at a time, their time is limited however.

I cannot provide positive proof of this, but I do know for a fact someone up high in Paypal considers Bitcoin a threat, their operations are painfully obvious especially since they classify Bitcoins as "emoney" (even though it isn't) which their TOS condemns of selling.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

Well we see business a little different, but you are right if I started doing large volumes it could become a problem, but I already have that angle covered Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: