Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON 7GPU  (Read 20658 times)
Drawde

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:52:28 PM

Anyone ever have the problem where one of your GPU's won't get recognized on a riser? For the life of me one of my Nitro+ RX 470's won't get recognized by the BIOS no matter what I do even with this new BIOS. I changed the riser, changed the PCIe port, installed this custom BIOS and nothing helps. All the other GPU's are fine every time the system reboots but the GPU fans for this one never startup and I can tell immediately that it will not get recognized as soon as the power on switch is pressed. This is the 5th GPU and the other 4 as I said are fine. I'm using Windows 10 home but I don't think that matters since the GPU never starts up although the power light comes on. I've checked and changed all of the power cables too. I thought it was the GPU so I sent it back and this is the replacement so I doubt if it is 2nd bad GPU. I've also not done anything yet with the BIOS on this GPU.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creepas (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:24:13 AM

Hello,

pls tell us full spec:

mobo:
all gpus:
drivers:

simply more details...

also for other guys here is screen from one of the rigs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4y5D_zzH1oedjlvRG0wZWtGTVE/view?usp=sharing

Good luck with MSI mobo its great.

cReepas

Drawde

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:08:33 PM

I finally got it to work. The problem was with the power supply to the riser and it was a very strange problem indeed. The riser is V006C with a 3x2 PCIe power supply connection and a short sata cable to be plugged into a sata PSU cable. When I used a PCIe cable direct from the PSU it worked fine but if I connected it using sata to PCIe cable it didn't. Some of my other risers are powered using the sata cable so this didn't make any sense to me. I uses a spare the sata to PCIe cable and that didn't help, it would only work if connected directly into the PCIe cable. I have no idea why this is working this way. The only thing I can guess is that with the other sata powered risers that are working OK they are connected to my 2nd PSU which is synchronized to turn on when the first PSU is powered up. This means they should be getting their power a little bit sooner than the devices powered from the 1st PSU. I am just guessing here but if the sata power on the 1st PSU is slightly delayed in starting up it could have been just long enough to prevent those risers from getting their power early enough to be "detected" when the MB PCIe was initializing and connecting to the risers during power-up.
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:10:09 AM

To run 7 gpus do I need win 10 with anniversary patch or w/o?

yobit.net is banned from signatures
bel123

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:39:46 AM

cReepas how many Watts your rig "eat"?

Did you try 8 or 9 GPU on that MB?
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:40:25 PM

Hello,

i did try only 7 cards and i dont see presonaly reason why to have more because of stability issues.

Rig when mining only ETH is taking 950W from wall and dualmining sia 1150W.

Best regards

cReepas

DwieDave

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

Hello,

I really want to thank creepas for his great help in getting my rig to work,
but not only getting it to work, but also tweaking it to achieve hashrates beyond everything I believed was possible!

He helped me getting 7 cards to work with the MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon (by using the BIOS he posted [ its totally legit and works like a charme ]).
And then he put huge effort in helping me tweaking my cards to 30Mh/s each!

Which resulted in Hashrates of 209Mh/s for this rig (see the attached screenshots)!

So huge thanks and great mining everybody  Smiley !
Dave

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170418/f5andiae.png
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170418/vpload2z.png
tharp

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

Appreciate the post it helped me to get 8 GPU's mining on EthOS with this motherboard. Pulling 1230watts at the wall and 237MH/s.

Has anyone gotten the M.2 slot to work with a pcie x4 adapter?

Here is the screen shot:
https://i.imgur.com/3cjsrsG.png
fuzion1

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:42:24 PM

I was able to get 7 GPU to work with creepas BIOS. A few tips to get it to work. Flash bios.  Install windows in UEFI mode. Install 16.9.2 driver with only 1 graphics card plugged in. Then shutdown and plug in all GPU and turn on the bios cryptocurrency setting. Boot into windows and it should start to recognize all of them.
666mrga999

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:05:40 AM

I installed uefi win10 with rufus. I can't get it too boot with above 4gb decoding enabled with 1 or more gpus plugged in (it will boot with it enabled using onboard gpu) any ideas?

I belive we solved it by skype.

Also screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4y5D_zzH1oeZkhHenB5Tk8zeDA?usp=sharing

From farm where we have multiple servers...

All on MSI Z170A Gaming PRO carbon, all on MSI RX 480 8 GB and all 7 cards each.

if any help is needet just skype me.

cReepas

Yeah it is solved. The custom bios works for 7gpu mining on the mobo in the title

Can I ask you how did you solve it, because I have exact same problem. Thanks =)
fuzion1

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:32:46 AM

I installed uefi win10 with rufus. I can't get it too boot with above 4gb decoding enabled with 1 or more gpus plugged in (it will boot with it enabled using onboard gpu) any ideas?

I belive we solved it by skype.

Also screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4y5D_zzH1oeZkhHenB5Tk8zeDA?usp=sharing

From farm where we have multiple servers...

All on MSI Z170A Gaming PRO carbon, all on MSI RX 480 8 GB and all 7 cards each.

if any help is needet just skype me.

cReepas

Yeah it is solved. The custom bios works for 7gpu mining on the mobo in the title

Can I ask you how did you solve it, because I have exact same problem. Thanks =)

I had the same issue when I flashed the BIOS of my RX470. I just got a black screen when starting the computer. What I did to fix it was turn off the crypto option then I added the cards back one at a time and once I had all of the cards installed I turned the crypto option back on in the bios.
Olle

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:35:36 AM

Appreciate the post it helped me to get 8 GPU's mining on EthOS with this motherboard. Pulling 1230watts at the wall and 237MH/s.

Has anyone gotten the M.2 slot to work with a pcie x4 adapter?

Here is the screen shot:
https://i.imgur.com/3cjsrsG.png

I also use EthOS but can't get more than 4 GPUs working. Once I enable "cryptocurrency mode", I get black screen that turns into lined garbage in about 30 seconds -> complete freeze.
If I don't enable cryptocurrency mode, EthOS crashes if more than 4 GPUs attached.
I also have M.2/NGFF->PCIex4 adapter and I'd like to give it a try once I can run at least 7x GPU due to the issue above.

How did you make it work?
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 08:27:57 AM

Hello,

even if i dont know Ubuntu at all i do think your problemis that you installed EthOS in legacy not UEFI mode.

What it does is when you turn on cryptorcurrency mining than UEFI mode is automaticaly on. Thats why you have black screen.

Gigasnike95

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:39:11 PM

I have a MSI PRO CARBON Z170A but it works only 5 GPU. Creepas,
can you help me to get them to work 7?

My GPUs are RX 570 Sasphire Pulse

Best regards
Olle

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:01:35 PM

Hello,

even if i dont know Ubuntu at all i do think your problemis that you installed EthOS in legacy not UEFI mode.

What it does is when you turn on cryptorcurrency mining than UEFI mode is automaticaly on. Thats why you have black screen.

Ethos doesn't use UEFI mode at all, it boots off legacy mode. And it's not installed as a regular install, it's rather byte-copied from the file Ethosdistro provides.

So i'm wondering how tharp was able to make it.
666mrga999

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

Anyone ever have the problem where one of your GPU's won't get recognized on a riser? For the life of me one of my Nitro+ RX 470's won't get recognized by the BIOS no matter what I do even with this new BIOS. I changed the riser, changed the PCIe port, installed this custom BIOS and nothing helps. All the other GPU's are fine every time the system reboots but the GPU fans for this one never startup and I can tell immediately that it will not get recognized as soon as the power on switch is pressed. This is the 5th GPU and the other 4 as I said are fine. I'm using Windows 10 home but I don't think that matters since the GPU never starts up although the power light comes on. I've checked and changed all of the power cables too. I thought it was the GPU so I sent it back and this is the replacement so I doubt if it is 2nd bad GPU. I've also not done anything yet with the BIOS on this GPU.

I have exactly the same problem on same pcie port. help pls
Drawde

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:31:33 AM

I have exactly the same problem on same pcie port. help pls
I got 5 to work by moving one that I had mounted on the MB to a riser. The MB GPU took 8 PCIe lanes while each riser mounted GPU takes 1 lane and the Z170 is limited in the number of supported PCIe lanes.
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 07:19:21 AM

I have a MSI PRO CARBON Z170A but it works only 5 GPU. Creepas,
can you help me to get them to work 7?

My GPUs are RX 570 Sasphire Pulse

Best regards

Hello,

im working on solving RX 570 issue. Its driver problem not mobo problem. Will create stand alone discussion for that soon.

I do belive i found workaround after i test it i will get the solution here.

cReepas

cris0338

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:05:09 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 08:34:18 AM by cris0338

Hello to all

I have a strange problem,

My configuration
Msi Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon with Bios Mod
I5 6600k
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 3000
7 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro + model 01
PSU Corsair 1200W
Risers 1x to 16x with 6 pin connector
HD Seagate 320 2.5 "

Before formatting:
Drivers 16.9.1 and 16.9.2
Claymore 8.1 and 9.1

Problem with 6 rx 480: GPU3 at 0,000 mh / s and opencl error
I tried with original bios, V3 mod, change cards, change riser, always remains GPU3 (GPU 4 in Afterburner) real slot "6" starting from the processor

With 7 GPU does not work windows with blue page

After formatting
Drivers 17.4.3
Claymore 8.1 and 9.1

installed windows 7 gpu with no active mod

Problem with 7 rx 480: GPU6 at 0,000 Mh / s and opencl error
I tried with original bios, V3 mod, change cards, change riser, always remains GPU6 (GPU 4 in Afterburner) real slot "7" starting from the processor

But now if I remove the GPU 7 it works well with 6

(Another problem with mod I never managed to get to 31, I stop to 29.8, then freezes all)

Do you have an idea or a solution to this?
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 08:29:04 AM

We need to sit down and see the rig together with Teamviewer. Try to exchange riser on last card.

Contact me on skype : cReepas

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: