Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:18:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this forum sucks  (Read 2274 times)
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:40:38 PM

This forum does indeed suck, but hopefully i'll figure out soon how they calculate time and won't have to keep making these pointless posts!
Aaron Abramson

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:44:46 PM

agree 100%  Grin
Avadij Addington

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:54:37 PM

bad idea
syebotext

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:06:32 PM

I must disagree with you.  This forum is quite excellent.
btc4luv

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:09:21 PM

i love this forum
blue42

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:08:52 PM

Hmm. While I haven't been very active, I have been here for several months and have 7 posts, yet I'm still not able to post in the main forum. Has anyone figured out the actual posting requirements?
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:29:00 PM

a couple weeks ago i was logged on to this forum for like 10 hours straight reading stuff on other forums.  so how do i accumulate the 4 hour forum time so i can post on the other sections of forum?

This is the problem.   They system apparently only counts time spent posting (at least it seems that way for me) so i've been here for 2 weeks and the only thing I can do is make useless posts or agree with other people...  It generates a lot of spam in this forum, but since everyone else is spamming, I guess it keeps all the spam in one place?
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 08:31:20 PM

how is it great? you cant even post.  forums these days are all shitty .. run by nazis

Shut up, and go back to kitchen.

WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:41:31 PM

Hmm. While I haven't been very active, I have been here for several months and have 7 posts, yet I'm still not able to post in the main forum. Has anyone figured out the actual posting requirements?

I think that only time spent posting counts towards your time.  SO just go to some of the threads that are hundreds of pages long and post whatever you want in them.  That is my strategy for now and by doing such, it keeps the spam off the main newbie forum so as not to clutter things up.  Some people on those threads are having conversations with themselves!!! lol
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

I wonder what people would have thought of me if i whined like you guys are before I could post in the forum.  If you were serious about being a contributing member of this forum, you might want to make a better first impression.  (Note to self: look at new members first 20 posts to gauge their integrity)
BeeCoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:26:00 PM

I think btctalk.org is great!
Just be patient...
cjulops

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

kinda... Grin
therevzell

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:28:06 PM

I wish they would change the period to at least just 2.5 or something, this long ass wait is killer.
tahar

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:29:34 PM

The funny thing is reccomending a forum that contains little but spam.  Cheesy

I think the 5 post / 4 hr rule makes sense. I've been reading here for the past week and didn't even get a chance to think about registering until yesterday! That shows all you need to know - when you're new, read read and learn. And this is a great place to start to do so.
SoulMulticast

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:38:42 PM

agree. but its kinda lame to make 5 spam posts to ask a real question on the other thread..
Dharmadog

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

let's try to build up a good forum at http://BitForum.org

this forum here sucks .. i cant even respond to threads anywhere but here. What is the point?  I read a thread I'm interested in, and I can't respond.  And I have 4hrs+ and more than 5 posts. 

LAME!

Is this the way to "sell" a new forum?  HA!  There are reasons for things, you know?  But, whatever.
Dharmadog

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:44:58 PM

Ya!  That BitForum.org looks brilliant.  Deep and insightful.  Compelling reading.  If the folks behind it would put their energy toward a cure for cancer all humanity could rejoice.  [He said with heavy sarcasm]
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:51:16 PM

let's try to build up a good forum at http://BitForum.org

this forum here sucks .. i cant even respond to threads anywhere but here. What is the point?  I read a thread I'm interested in, and I can't respond.  And I have 4hrs+ and more than 5 posts. 

LAME!
So I should learn Russian so I can read the few posts that exist on there? Good luck building another BTC forum that can compete with this one. I really do wish you luck, it'd be nice to have multiple forums.

Also, if you are here for legit reasons (questionable), the n00b restrictions are quite minimal. Also, ever heard of whitelist?
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:05:44 PM

I wonder what people would have thought of me if i whined like you guys are before I could post in the forum.  If you were serious about being a contributing member of this forum, you might want to make a better first impression.  (Note to self: look at new members first 20 posts to gauge their integrity)

Agreed. There's really no need to whine. If you don't like the restrictions and you can't be respectful then these forums will not appreciate your input.

And obviously for those of you who are complaining that it is taking you days or weeks to get out of the restrictions, then obviously you don't have very much to say and the only reason you wished to join was to comment on a single post or whatnot, which is invaluable to the community.
Zeal0t

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:26:19 PM

I like the newb restrictions, keeps the primary areas of the forum clear of all the vermin that can't even conjure enough patience to read four hours worth of material on a subject they supposedly have interest in. Granted at first I was very confused but the second I realized what was happening I just kind of went with it, I now have about two more hours to go haha.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: