Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:16:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy - the world's first 25 BTC block  (Read 3672 times)
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 07:49:44 PM

But if the private key is delivered to you, then the deliverer also has the private key. And then, you don't really own the address. For this reason, getting the major pools to pay it out to 1st25... directly would be better.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 11:07:21 PM

If you really had some money I would take a gamble and aproach the top 3 pools.  Offer to prepay them a premium directly if they use a vanity address (1st25BTC....) you generated as the coinbase for that block. 

Then it will be 0 hops.  Of course even w/ top 3 pools you only have a ~50% chance of getting that particular block.

Nice idea. Let me think about it for a few months.

Yes, great idea. Wish I had thought of it...
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:40:43 AM

I bid 60BTC on the 25BTC on the awarded Private Key only if it was solo mined, no pool.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 08:42:00 AM

Is anyone interested in last 50 BTC, first 25 BTC or some other exotic uncirculated coins ?
We can negotiate this.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:02:20 PM

Is anyone interested in last 50 BTC, first 25 BTC or some other exotic uncirculated coins ?
We can negotiate this.

What would something like this run us Tycho.  It is a compelling idea.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:51:05 PM

If you really had some money I would take a gamble and aproach the top 3 pools.  Offer to prepay them a premium directly if they use a vanity address (1st25BTC....) you generated as the coinbase for that block. 

Then it will be 0 hops.  Of course even w/ top 3 pools you only have a ~50% chance of getting that particular block.

Nice idea. Let me think about it for a few months.

Yes, great idea. Wish I had thought of it...
+1, great way to do it. That way, you can have no trust necessary in regards to passing private keys, since the pool only needs the address to mine to. And, multiple pools can all work on the same address.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:40:27 PM

Maybe the last 50 BTC block?!

I bid 30 BTC for that block.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 01:29:48 AM

We can negotiate this.
I think they should be auctioned off!  Think about what the genesis block is worth right now?

Do it! You will only gain the profit the auction brings. 
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 04:19:34 AM

Announcement to all: if I mine the first 25BTC block, I will keep it to myself Smiley
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 12:57:58 PM

You are still soloing!?!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked  wow

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:39:47 AM

Yes. Always been a solo'er since the very first day.
50BTC.com

Activity: 575

PPS pool

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 02:03:26 PM

We can negotiate this.
I think they should be auctioned off!  Think about what the genesis block is worth right now?

Do it! You will only gain the profit the auction brings. 

Great idea! We will participate!

50btc.com - PPS pool, instant payout (Visa, Liberty Reserve, QIWI, Yandex.Money, WebMoney,...), API, fast and responsible support, pay for stale shares.
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:18:46 PM

I think an auction would be a great idea for these 'collectors items'. The proceeds of which could be split between the finding pool and a good Bitcoin cause.

I would definitely be in the hunt for the last 50BTC block.  Can someone organize this with the pools?  I know its not a guarantee but it still would be worth trying.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

hmm, so to raise interest and not have the "special coins" destroyed an hour after creation, you should auction it before you have it. Wonder which auction platform allows auctioning items with an unknown seller Smiley

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
50BTC.com

Activity: 575

PPS pool

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 12:29:30 AM

hmm, so to raise interest and not have the "special coins" destroyed an hour after creation, you should auction it before you have it. Wonder which auction platform allows auctioning items with an unknown seller Smiley

There is auctions sub-forum here at bitkointalk! It would be great to donate money from sales to forum .

50btc.com - PPS pool, instant payout (Visa, Liberty Reserve, QIWI, Yandex.Money, WebMoney,...), API, fast and responsible support, pay for stale shares.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: