Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency  (Read 243330 times)
s6048539mz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:35:56 AM

Hi,
Is ZEN fork still planned on april 29th?
Or has it been postponed to May 23rd?
Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge it is postponed till the 23rd so you still have plenty of time.

Well thats where the confusion starts.
We could have :
- block 100,000 on april 29th when the entitlement for ZEN coins is defined (based on your ZCL balance held in wallet), then
- distribution of ZEN coins on May 23rd

That would be like a corporate action event (exdate and payment date at two different moments).
I believe many people are still not sure if they should hold ZCL in wallet on april 29th or may 23rd.
yes,i am not sure if i should hold ZCL in wallet on april 29th or may 23rd
blockops

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 11:14:08 AM

Zencash is going to be launched on May 23, not in April. There is a lot of work to do to make this a fully working and supported cryptocurrency. The main zencash.io website also links to the wiki and blog, where there is further information.

If you want to get ready to mine Zen, you can build a 6 GPU mining rig and mine zclassic right now to make sure you are ready. Here is a guide I built with parts, directions, and troubleshooting for AMD RX470 and EthosDistro mining operating system
https://blockoperations.com/gpu-mining-zcash-ethereum-ethosdistro-amd-rx470/

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 12:53:46 PM

I doubt anybody would care when its launch date. Money is not into shits and zec clones, money is into original zec which is taking over the entire altcoin turnover on polo. If u follow dust bunnies and futile shit made by vietnamese chen u should be aware that the time will come and all of them will be forgotten, ur money will be taken by me and few my underlings.

rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

I doubt anybody would care when its launch date. Money is not into shits and zec clones, money is into original zec which is taking over the entire altcoin turnover on polo. If u follow dust bunnies and futile shit made by vietnamese chen u should be aware that the time will come and all of them will be forgotten, ur money will be taken by me and few my underlings.

I agree money is on ZEC. Big money has been behind it since day one. But I also believe ZEN maybe bringing some new implementations that are very interesting. Until there's more info from the developers I'm on a wait and see. Now ZCL is a waste of computer power as it is a pure clone.
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:38:10 PM

I thought ZEN will be one of the biggest crypto currency in 2017.
fuongy

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:46:36 AM

Is there confirmation that Bittrex will support the coin swap? Appologies if this was covered in previous part of the thread.
JoseGo

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:20:38 PM

Hi,
Did anyone manage to install ZCL wallet on windows 64?
Where can i find the latest version, and preferably beginner-friendly?
Thanks in advance for your help

You can try Eleos: https://zdeveloper.org/wiki:zcash_zclassic_graphical_wallet . I have tried in windows 10 and it functions.
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:53:16 AM

Awaiting the huge growth of this currency! I can hardly wait!  Roll Eyes
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:49:16 AM

If Zen delivers on the promise it makes, it will be huge. Huge for Zen as well as ZCL.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
M++

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:34:07 AM

If Zen delivers on the promise it makes, it will be huge. Huge for Zen as well as ZCL.

I can of agree, also don't forget it's a community more than a corporation, if anyone is interested to work for the success of this project you can go o Slack and participate, even if you have only few hours by week  Wink

Fliphodl.com ICO Analysis Website.
meeekz

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

Zencash is going to be launched on May 23, not in April. There is a lot of work to do to make this a fully working and supported cryptocurrency. The main zencash.io website also links to the wiki and blog, where there is further information.

If you want to get ready to mine Zen, you can build a 6 GPU mining rig and mine zclassic right now to make sure you are ready. Here is a guide I built with parts, directions, and troubleshooting for AMD RX470 and EthosDistro mining operating system
What is the expected output of this mining rig?

Check out the Powerledger ICO.... Disrupting the power industry
https://bounty.powerledger.io/btctalk/?hash=n81HRsvnAyG3cfl6
herkuljee

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:47:46 AM

I got this from Bittrex :
"Apr 11, 07:46 PDT

Hi,

We are looking into our options with zcl/zen but do not have any concrete decision yet. The new site is coming in a month or two.

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex"

Little off topic: I originally asked why they removed "TOP 50 wallet distribution chart" section from their site as I found it extremely useful to monitor what bigger wallets were doing when trading smaller coins sometimes only listed at Bittrex. I was also worried that there had happened something and they are now in need of hiding wallet distributions. But apparently this was done ahead of new site launch which should be in following months without further explanation.

Is there confirmation that Bittrex will support the coin swap? Appologies if this was covered in previous part of the thread.
M++

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 08:14:59 AM

I got this from Bittrex :
"Apr 11, 07:46 PDT

Hi,

We are looking into our options with zcl/zen but do not have any concrete decision yet. The new site is coming in a month or two.

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex"

Little off topic: I originally asked why they removed "TOP 50 wallet distribution chart" section from their site as I found it extremely useful to monitor what bigger wallets were doing when trading smaller coins sometimes only listed at Bittrex. I was also worried that there had happened something and they are now in need of hiding wallet distributions. But apparently this was done ahead of new site launch which should be in following months without further explanation.

THANKS!

Fliphodl.com ICO Analysis Website.
meeekz

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

Has anyone done any due diligence on the Zen privacy coin?  What do you think of the market opportunity and/or the technology?

xtrembash

Activity: 473

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:38:45 PM

how many zen in order to setup masternode ?!

blockops

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 03:27:05 AM

What is the expected output of this mining rig?
depends on the cards you put into it. Did you look at the post and see the hash rate using RX470 and RX480 cards on zclassic? It's doing about 1650 H/s with the RX470 and 1800 H/s with the RX480. Zen will use the same mining algorithm as zclassic and zcash.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:16:54 AM

ZenCash please provide detailed info about setting up a verified node. These should be made available to the community, not taken up by insiders and devs........which has happened to far too many coins.
martipan

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:07:24 PM

I would also like to know about the nodes.
herkuljee

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:48:36 AM

With ZCash having such a large funding from the founder's reward for marketing and development, why try running a "community" funded coin?

What makes Zencash have a better chance and standout from the rest of the crowd of privacy coins?

Monero as a community funded coin is a huge exception due to the innovative technology behind it, but I really want to know what Zencash wants to do differently.

This isn't a troll post, but more of a genuine question to ask. Thank you.

This is very good question. Current difference in ZCash vs ZenCash technology is those 2 major things. What is the strategy after 23May? Time after time do same incremental changes than ZCash but with own "Zen flavour"? Or take completely different path aiming where? Is there any concrete example we can chew on what can we expect from Zen?
meeekz

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

With ZCash having such a large funding from the founder's reward for marketing and development, why try running a "community" funded coin?

What makes Zencash have a better chance and standout from the rest of the crowd of privacy coins?

Monero as a community funded coin is a huge exception due to the innovative technology behind it, but I really want to know what Zencash wants to do differently.

This isn't a troll post, but more of a genuine question to ask. Thank you.

This is very good question. Current difference in ZCash vs ZenCash technology is those 2 major things. What is the strategy after 23May? Time after time do same incremental changes than ZCash but with own "Zen flavour"? Or take completely different path aiming where? Is there any concrete example we can chew on what can we expect from Zen?
On May 23rd, the Zclassic network will execute a purposeful divergence into two blockchains; Zclassic and the newly formed Zen network. Zclassic will retain its original functionality and feature set but the Zen network will be adapted to include segregated witness (segwit) support and additional cryptographic technologies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: