Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make copies of a computer chip?  (Read 2558 times)
markhiroshisanrafael (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:06:37 AM

Hi there awesome people,

I'm looking for how to build or make copies of a computer chip. it's not a very high-tech chip. it's a simple chip but we need to make copies. And also if there are companies that are willing to make copies of chips, that will be awesome.

This chip we want to make is an "ASIC miner chip" to mine x11 algorithm coins.

Best Regards,
Mark G

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alonmuroch

Activity: 74
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:55:00 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Copies as in the same exact chip or with same capabilities?

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:45:27 AM

Thank you for your response @alonmuroch. Smiley Yes. That's right. Same capabilities.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:48:07 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Do you have a blueprint of the chip? Otherwise you are trying to reverse engineer or develop a new one with the same capabilities, which will take time and produce high costs. As for the producing (how many do you need?) i state the obvious: try Asia and most likely China. 

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:37:12 AM

Hi @senior.bla,

No, we don't have the blueprint of the chip @Senior.bla. But the person who wants this job done is a co-developer of the chip but his business partner took all the rights of the chip. and he felt that this was unfair for him and he wants to become independent because of his partner's business practices which was unfortunate.

To answer how many copies do we need, we need 2000 copies of the chip. If you can recommend or help me find the company or list of companies that will do it, I can send a little gift of appreciation $100 for helping and finding the info for us. Smiley
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Buy the IP or spend a lot of time reverse engineering if you can actually afford the handful of people on the planet who can do it..

Just hire an FPGA dev for a lot less.. It's basically an ASIC that you can change..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
lukew

Activity: 81
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:12:42 AM

Trying to make an exact copy isn't really the right way to go about it. If a business partner fucks off with all the rights to a product, stealing it back isn't the best way to go about it.

Spark payment and crypto systems.
Current status - Pre-alpha

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:01:55 AM

Buy the IP or spend a lot of time reverse engineering if you can actually afford the handful of people on the planet who can do it..

Just hire an FPGA dev for a lot less.. It's basically an ASIC that you can change..

Thank you so much for your reply @DuddlyDoRight, what do you mean by "buy the IP"? as well as "Just hire an FPGA dev"?
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6531

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 04:46:59 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

One does not simply "copy a computer chip". Doing that is practically impossible and requires extremely specialized equipment in order to figure out the exact circuitry of the chip and then you have to fab the chip, which is expensive and time consuming.

Thank you so much for your reply @DuddlyDoRight, what do you mean by "buy the IP"?
IP means Intellectual Property. He means your only option is to literally buy the designs for the chip from the current owners of the designs. That's not likely to happen.

as well as "Just hire an FPGA dev"?
Hire someone who knows how to program Field Programmable Gate Arrays, devices similar to Application Specific Integrated Circuits (i.e. ASIC chips) but a bit more general purpose.

No, we don't have the blueprint of the chip @Senior.bla. But the person who wants this job done is a co-developer of the chip but his business partner took all the rights of the chip. and he felt that this was unfair for him and he wants to become independent because of his partner's business practices which was unfortunate.
You and him will be violating copyright laws if you attempt to copy the chip exactly (or even similarly) and attempt to sell it as a product.

Given that you have exhibited a clear lack of knowledge, I suggest you first research how chip production is done and how developing Integrated Circuits (i.e. chips) works before you try copying someone else's chip (which is illegal) or attempt to make a business selling computer chips.

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

One does not simply "copy a computer chip". Doing that is practically impossible and requires extremely specialized equipment in order to figure out the exact circuitry of the chip and then you have to fab the chip, which is expensive and time consuming.

Thank you so much for your reply @DuddlyDoRight, what do you mean by "buy the IP"?
IP means Intellectual Property. He means your only option is to literally buy the designs for the chip from the current owners of the designs. That's not likely to happen.

as well as "Just hire an FPGA dev"?
Hire someone who knows how to program Field Programmable Gate Arrays, devices similar to Application Specific Integrated Circuits (i.e. ASIC chips) but a bit more general purpose.

You and him will be violating copyright laws if you attempt to copy the chip exactly (or even similarly) and attempt to sell it as a product.

Given that you have exhibited a clear lack of knowledge, I suggest you first research how chip production is done and how developing Integrated Circuits (i.e. chips) works before you try copying someone else's chip (which is illegal) or attempt to make a business selling computer chips.

Thank you for that clear explanation @achow101! I really appreciate it. But what we are looking for is a company (not so known company perhaps) that has all the equipment for duplicating the ASIC chip we have here. I also know how chip production is done. Its complicated and indeed not a DIY or can be done by 1 or 2 person. That's why we are looking for a company somewhere. Or perhaps china?
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

I would like to give my suggestion you can prefer Taiwan. If you give your products to china they will clone your chips and sell it own. So, you can prefer Taiwan. The company name "Aimgene Technology Co., Ltd". They're Manufacturing chips. If you have your chips rights you can give it to then they can make a duplicate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: