Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:44:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC sent from Bitcoin Core on 3rd still unconfirmed (7days)  (Read 445 times)
camohitmishra (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:05:23 AM

I sent some BTC from Bitcoin Core on 3rd Mar 2017 but it still shows as unconfirmed. This was my first sent transaction so I did not know much about fee which I learnt about in these past 7 days. However, th fee I sent still came out to be around 25satoshi/byte.

This is the transaction. https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/c5e40d06de10aca9f5a8f594abbf9e198c72423177a6221ae52d514cdc2a317b

Could someone please suggest how can I get this back or through? If I get it back I will send it again with higher fee.

I researched a lot and read about double spent, zapwallettx etc. but dont understand at a level I can take risk to do it.

Could anyone please help me?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 06:10:41 AM

Your transaction is unconfirmed because it pays a low fee rate, ~25 sat/byte.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0 for what you can do about it.

camohitmishra (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:32:26 AM

Your transaction is unconfirmed because it pays a low fee rate, ~25 sat/byte.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0 for what you can do about it.

Thanks for replyin and for the link.

It seems I hav two options....one to wait and not open th wallet till transaction is dropped (no certain time) and second the below

"Bitcoin Core makes making Full RBF transactions very easy. Simply go to the transactions list, right click the transaction that is stuck, and choose the "Abandon Transaction" option.

If that option is greyed out, then you must restart Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option and then you should be able to use "Abandon Transaction".

If the above two options fail for some reason, then you can start Bitcoin Core with the -zapwallettxes option to clear all unconfirmed transactions from your wallet.

Once the transaction is either Abandoned or cleared from the wallet, you can simply go to the Send tab and send the Bitcoin again but make sure that you include a sufficient transaction fee."

I hav been waitin for 7 days now so want to try second option. However, if I do that will my BTC be safe? Its a big amount for me (0.48 BTC)
Plus how to do it, "to start the Bitcoin Core wallet with -walletbroadcast=0 option"? I just double click th wallet and it opens and starts to sync automatically...

Thanks again
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 02:01:14 PM

I hav been waitin for 7 days now so want to try second option. However, if I do that will my BTC be safe? Its a big amount for me (0.48 BTC)
Your Bitcoin will be safe. Bitcoin does not and cannot magically disappear. It will either go to whoever you sent it to when the transaction confirms, or the transaction will be "forgotten" and your wallet will revert to a state where the transaction never happened.

Plus how to do it, "to start the Bitcoin Core wallet with -walletbroadcast=0 option"? I just double click th wallet and it opens and starts to sync automatically...
Right click the shortcut you use to start Bitcoin Core. There is a box labeled "Target". Click in that box and move the cursor all the way to the right. Add a space, and then type -walletbroadcast=0. Then click OK. When you start Bitcoin Core, it will have that option set. After you are done, do the same thing but remove the stuff that you added so that your wallet will rebroadcast again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: