Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:39:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The danger I see with Dash  (Read 6502 times)
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:49:36 PM

1,000 dash is the required collateral for a masternode. It's set deliberately high to make it cost prohibitive and self-defeating to attempt a Sybil attack on the network.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:58:15 PM

1,000 dash is the required collateral for a masternode. It's set deliberately high to make it cost prohibitive and self-defeating to attempt a Sybil attack on the network.

thanks for the clarification...still a big ouch to get on thou....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 01:59:20 PM

I can tell you people will be burnt by this whole Dash thing, all of these Altcoin will wnat to have the problem Bitcoin is having now. Dash, this is a token that is not been used for any transaction, most of the volume are on exchanges. I can tell you if Dash has the amount of transaction Bitcoin has it will have Bitcoin problem. The token looks to me as a brand rather than Currency which is designed to be, another thing to consider is that most of the tokens are locked in Masternode, a POS token so their is price manipulation already

Proof of service, not proof of stake. The masternodes work just like miners do.

I heard you needed 4500 dash to put up a masternode however....is that incorrect? (damn tough mining) (I could have misread?)

1000 or ~$70,000 to do what Evan did for pennies and likely more than a 1000X.

K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:07:42 PM

thanks for the clarification...still a big ouch to get on thou....

I had the opportunity to get a masternode for €8,000 last summer and I didn't take it.  Biggest regret of my life.  I'll still keep accumulating what I can though.

Funny thing how dedicated developers remain to the success of their projects when they have a real stake.  Evan does not have 1,000 masternodes, but however many he does have are well deserved.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:08:27 PM

I saw not too interesting for holding the DASH bag, I think everyone is afraid to see the prices come down drastically in the near future when they really reached the highest price point

Just what is the highest price point of dash if you know what you are talking?
I'm interested to know because I plan to hold mine for as long as I could. I consider this as a huge investment, later I will also be joining setting up masternodes with what I have. If the highest point mean $1000, its going to be excellente.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 02:13:40 PM

Funny thing how dedicated developers remain to the success of their projects when they have a real stake.  Evan does not have 1,000 masternodes, but however many he does have are well deserved.

You can't know this unless Evan provided proof or you are Evan--I doubt either.

K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:16:04 PM

I'm interested to know because I plan to hold mine for as long as I could. I consider this as a huge investment, later I will also be joining setting up masternodes with what I have. If the highest point mean $1000, its going to be excellente.

What's the highest price point of bitcoin?  Once we know that we can start estimating the potential future price of Dash from there.

Funny thing how dedicated developers remain to the success of their projects when they have a real stake.  Evan does not have 1,000 masternodes, but however many he does have are well deserved.

True, I don't *know* but I am surmising using common sense and public knowledge.  It's said that Otoh held the highest number of masternodes at around 450, but he has since sold most of those.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 02:18:42 PM

What's the highest price point of bitcoin?  Once we know that we can start estimating the potential future price of Dash from there.

Funny thing how dedicated developers remain to the success of their projects when they have a real stake.  Evan does not have 1,000 masternodes, but however many he does have are well deserved.

True, I don't *know* but I am surmising using common sense and public knowledge.  It's said that Otoh held the highest number of masternodes at around 450, but he has since sold most of those.

Common sense would be to sell when it is most profitable, so assuming Evan sold most of his masternodes, or didn't buy them when they were cheapest with his instamine stash, is what would defy common sense.

K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

So you don't *know* anything either then.  Everybody has had plenty of opportunities to buy masternodes while they were affordable, including me.  I missed that opportunity too but, unlike most of the moaners on this thread, I'm not getting all bitter and venomous about it.  I believe Dash is the future and I'm happy to be a part of it.

I clearly don't belong on this thread then so I'll leave you to it.  Please resume your butthurt bitching at your leisure.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 02:38:40 PM

So you don't *know* anything either then.  Everybody has had plenty of opportunities to buy masternodes while they were affordable, including me.  I missed that opportunity too but, unlike most of the moaners on this thread, I'm not getting all bitter and venomous about it.  I believe Dash is the future and I'm happy to be a part of it.

I clearly don't belong on this thread then so I'll leave you to it.  Please resume your butthurt bitching at your leisure.

This is a pretty common response when logic fails--so much so that I made an ad hoc post replying to it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.0

K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:27:09 PM

Good for you!  But no, I have no shortage of logic, I've just learned to recognise when it isn't appreciated.  "Pearls before swine" my friend calls it and it's the reason I don't post on Facebook.  Life is too short to spend time arguing with people on the internet just because they're wrong, so as soon as I realise that somebody's mind is already closed to my input I'm out of there.  It makes for a better quality of life.  Have a good day, Sir!
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 03:34:35 PM

Good for you!  But no, I have no shortage of logic, I've just learned to recognise when it isn't appreciated.  "Pearls before swine" my friend calls it and it's the reason I don't post on Facebook.  Life is too short to spend time arguing with people on the internet just because they're wrong, so as soon as I realise that somebody's mind is already closed to my input I'm out of there.  It makes for a better quality of life.  Have a good day, Sir!

miayama

Activity: 358

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:45:58 PM

I think with Dash can be similar story like with Pascal. It from now will go down every day on 20-30%
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1845

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:55:22 PM

Dude, Dash has very big instamine. 1.3 million of coins. It's around a 7 % of ALL coins which are being expected to be emmited. But it can be more than 10 % of all coins which exists for now.
i don't know what Ewan has done with this coins (holding, turn it to masternodes of something like that) but for me it's not a good fact. I'll sell all my Dash if (or when) price will rise to some value (which i expect)

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:01:06 PM

Dash is the most fudded coin in the history of cryptocurrencies. Yet those who had the vision to hold all these years despite the massive fudding are now rich. Deal with it. No amount of fudding will do a damn thing. You're all free to spend your energy however you wish though, and I know being angry is an endless source of energy. The only thing that could make Dash crash and burn is if a massive flaw would be found, even a flaw in the anonymity wouldn't matter much if at all, it would have to be something akin to the InstantX or the whole network being stalled beyond repair.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

Dash is the most fudded coin in the history of cryptocurrencies. Yet those who had the vision to hold all these years despite the massive fudding are now rich. Deal with it. No amount of fudding will do a damn thing. You're all free to spend your energy however you wish though, and I know being angry is an endless source of energy. The only thing that could make Dash crash and burn is if a massive flaw would be found, even a flaw in the anonymity wouldn't matter much if at all, it would have to be something akin to the InstantX or the whole network being stalled beyond repair.

Actually Bitcoin is the most FUDded coin in cryptocurrencies, and most of dash's criticisms are well earned technical issues, so do not count as FUD, just plain old criticism.

Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:22:58 PM

Actually Bitcoin is the most FUDded coin in cryptocurrencies, and most of dash's criticisms are well earned technical issues, so do not count as FUD, just plain old criticism.

Actually most of Dash's criticism is about the alleged distribution and what bad things that might cause i.e. FUD.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

Actually most of Dash's criticism is about the alleged distribution and what bad things that might cause i.e. FUD.

LOL! Right ?!? I mean there's no way that a instamine could create undo centralization on a staking system--that's cray-cray.

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:03:13 PM

Nah, journalists are too stupid to even understand what that means.  They even sell bitcoin as an anonymous coin.  DASH is a centralized coin with low liquidity in the hands of a single guy, mimicking as a great distributed crypto currency, improved over bitcoin (not difficult), and know what ?  That propaganda works as hell.  People love to fall for this kind of stuff.  What is even greater, is that DASH can pose as a coin that used to be criminal, and now has seen the light and is on the side of the nice guys ; redemption.   Only a small and insignificant number of smart people know how fake it is, but they don't matter.

The BIG problem for DASH is something totally different: it is an illegal security that doesn't pass the Howey test.

If I were Evan, I would cash out before, flee to an exotic place, change name and live a rich-man's life in anonymity.
(hence, not use DASH, with its fake anonymity Smiley )

https://www.sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-tips.shtml

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 07:30:28 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 07:41:00 PM by generalizethis

Nah, journalists are too stupid to even understand what that means.  They even sell bitcoin as an anonymous coin.  DASH is a centralized coin with low liquidity in the hands of a single guy, mimicking as a great distributed crypto currency, improved over bitcoin (not difficult), and know what ?  That propaganda works as hell.  People love to fall for this kind of stuff.  What is even greater, is that DASH can pose as a coin that used to be criminal, and now has seen the light and is on the side of the nice guys ; redemption.   Only a small and insignificant number of smart people know how fake it is, but they don't matter.

The BIG problem for DASH is something totally different: it is an illegal security that doesn't pass the Howey test.

If I were Evan, I would cash out before, flee to an exotic place, change name and live a rich-man's life in anonymity.
(hence, not use DASH, with its fake anonymity Smiley )

https://www.sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-tips.shtml

Here's ammo. The form takes about 5 minutes to fill out, but requires a lawyer's contact info (but there is a reward for those that dashtards claim are butthurt). Evan Duffield is located in AZ, but couldn't find a street address. His email is evan@dash.org

What's bad for dash is they need to make evidence to gain more noobs--this cluster of shillocracy took about 10 minutes to gather. The ROI investment sheets are likely the most damning.

https://dash-news.de/dashtv/

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=24019061

https://web.archive.org/web/20170312191741/https://www.node40.com/2016/05/19/dash-masternode-financial-reports-preview.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20160520195030/http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/05/19/dash-masternodes-study-rising-crypto-bonds-future/

https://imgur.com/kHW81Vc

http://dashdetailed.com/2017/01/25/happy-birthday-mr-juggernaut/

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: