Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems in Hser Ner Moo murder case - Help review the case - Earn BTC  (Read 3782 times)
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:58:07 AM

Here's my btc address: 33qzdgRZZDHac2EkoWde6ek8wDZLWSiBUf
Thank you
RJX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

Thank you

Reward sent. f285022de2a4221b8d646d7878afe999536adf8135aa4fbe90a88abfa5b69827

Congratulations and thanks much for participating. Please stick around, you're not disqualified after winning once.

Agruw

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

One last point, it does not matter whether a person says he is innocent or guilty. I am a bit obnoxious about arguing and have my opinion, but for the bounty and discussion, if a person can point to some excellent indication that he might be guilty, that has the same value.

Probably my last input for a while / most of the evidence seems to be what you would expect to see if he were not guilty. But there is no casecloser, no absolute strong indicator one way or another. If a person can provide one massive piece of evidence either way, I'll add what I can to their bounty. In my opinion the best place to look for that is in time of death.

creepyjas

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:58:03 PM

Thank you

Reward sent. f285022de2a4221b8d646d7878afe999536adf8135aa4fbe90a88abfa5b69827

Congratulations and thanks much for participating. Please stick around, you're not disqualified after winning once.

Thank you. Payment received. I'd still be looking for some articles related to this case.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:11:06 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 06:22:00 PM by coolcoinz

I guess we'll split the pot then, if creepyjas and coolcoinz can provide me with an adress I'll send asap.

Here you go: 14wueYfNGRHNLN4BQEU99vCJ93ekRnbPMe
Thank you very much.

One last point, it does not matter whether a person says he is innocent or guilty. I am a bit obnoxious about arguing and have my opinion, but for the bounty and discussion, if a person can point to some excellent indication that he might be guilty, that has the same value.

Probably my last input for a while / most of the evidence seems to be what you would expect to see if he were not guilty. But there is no casecloser, no absolute strong indicator one way or another. If a person can provide one massive piece of evidence either way, I'll add what I can to their bounty. In my opinion the best place to look for that is in time of death.
I honestly think he could be innocent. It's not even about of the lack of evidence, but the mistakes made by the investigators, the police and the prosecutor. Usually in a high profile case losing a vital piece of evidence is huge, but not here. Somebody should be held responsible for the loss, because somebody had to bring that into the lab and fill in the form. Some technician's name is on that form, why wasn't he asked to testify in court?
They didn't try to hold the suspects (roommates) in custody or under observation, they asked them a couple questions and let them go.
They did not use all technology in their power to interview all the suspects.
The prime suspect was beaten up before the questioning, why wasn't that brought up in court?
Why wasn't a lawyer present during the questioning?
Why weren't the roommates asked what they were doing when the police came to their house. Why didn't they respond? They were at home with the body at that time!
Why was there blood in their room. They spent 24h with a big stain of blood on the carpet.

Quotes from articles that could make you doubt his guilt:
"Police have said the girl was likely dead within an hour of leaving her family's nearby apartment."
Wrong assumption. She died later than 2:30 according to the medics.

About the time of death:
"He beat and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said, inflicting no less than 21 injuries to the small girl.
Then, prosecutor Robert Parrish said, he left her to die.
Her broken body was found the next day after a widespread search of the South Parc homes..."

Now we know that death occurred later, when Met wasn't there. It's possible that she died from injuries after some time and that's how it was explained in court.
This could point either way, but since we know she was left to die, we also know that it's possible the roommates were present at the time of death. Why wasn't this pursued further?

"Frasier explained that injuries to Hser's genitals were extremely rare and probably caused by forceful penetration.
There was no DNA evidence found on the body to suggest a sexual assault took place..."

Rare, means not caused in an intercourse. And no DNA confirms it.
Met was sentenced for rape and murder and every newspaper and news site screamed that he raped her, even though the ME said there was no rape. There was a possibility the damage was done post mortem, and this would mean Met was not able to do it, because the death happened after he left the apartment!

Mikal Wersland, a sergeant with the South Salt Lake Police Department:
"They told me they found what they believed to be blood evidence in the stairwell of one of the apartments we hadn’t been able to search"
A stairwell the 4 roommates were using for 24 hours after the murder...

The judge:
"That's part of the reason she sentenced him so harshly, she said — she feared he was "extremely dangerous" and could kill again."
The judge let her personal feelings guide her verdict.

Guilty beyond reasonable doubt...

RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:06:29 PM

Here you go: 14wueYfNGRHNLN4BQEU99vCJ93ekRnbPMe
Thank you very much.

Reward sent. 82e634b223d97836953a58eaff9f9e93277b97157329a3eec088b2c6888369e8

creepyjas

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:33:10 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 03:48:20 AM by creepyjas

I found several articles that included additional description regarding Hser Ner Moo's body.
Experts: Murdered Utah girl Hser Ner Moo died a painful death

According to prosecutors, Met beat, raped and strangled Hser Ner Moo in his apartment at the South Parc Townhomes, 2250 S. 500 East.
But basing from the tapes, he never, ever did raped Hser Ner Moo.

My goodness, they kept on saying that Met raped Hser Ner Moo.
Prosecutors allege that Met abducted the child on March 31, 2008, brought her down to his basement apartment — just doors away from the girl's own home — and sexually and physically assaulted her before killing her.
Utah murder victim's family tearfully testifies about her

It is just sad that they had sentenced a man on a life sentence without parole for a crime he possibly didn't commit.
"I didn't kill that girl," said Met, 27, who in January was found guilty of sexually assaulting and beating the child to death. "This girl is a girl I used to play with. That girl loved me and I loved her. ... I'm telling the truth: I didn't kill the girl."

It could be possible that one from his roommates killed Hser Ner Moo and set it up as Met's doing since he's suspicious - never ate with them and rarely talks.
It's the same story his defense team told jurors during trial: that Met was Hser Ner Moo's playmate and friend, that he didn't kill her, that someone else must have — one of Met's four roommates, perhaps, or a stranger who found a way into the often-unlocked South Salt Lake apartment.

Esar Met gets life without parole for murder of Hser Ner Moo

<!-- EDIT -->
Additional articles:

But defense attorneys questioned Frasier, pointing out that she specializes in abuse suffered by children who are alive, and is not licensed to perform autopsy exams, the Tribune reported.
This might indicate something that something is off in this trial and in the investigation process. Burmese girl, 7, died a painful death 'after she was raped and brutally beaten by her Utah neighbor', experts testify after police officer chokes up on the stand
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:38:25 AM

I found several articles that included additional description regarding Hser Ner Moo's body.

That's some good finds there, I'll add them to OP later today.

Thanks for sharing and keep on sleuthing!
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:27:40 PM

OP updated with articles' links.

@creepyjas/coolcoinz:

Since it's been another week and we've seen the same sleuthers as last week I'd like to suggest splitting this weeks rewards again because you both made an effort to add to the case, either by providing analysis or information.

Same adresses? If not please let me know.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

@creepyjas/coolcoinz:

Since it's been another week and we've seen the same sleuthers as last week I'd like to suggest splitting this weeks rewards again because you both made an effort to add to the case, either by providing analysis or information.

I have been following this peripherally, The Fool has donlminated my news feed like most Americans (refreshing change from the Kardashians though). I have not immersed myself in this, on the surface however, I am siding with the prosecution, as I see breach of protocol, but seemingly evidence of wrongdoing by the defendant (DNA evidence doesn't lie). As I examine this, if I should develop a critical voice, will you still field my arguments, and will I still be eligible for your reward, if our argument achieves synthesis?
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:25:38 PM

I have not immersed myself in this, on the surface however, I am siding with the prosecution, as I see breach of protocol, but seemingly evidence of wrongdoing by the defendant (DNA evidence doesn't lie). As I examine this, if I should develop a critical voice, will you still field my arguments, and will I still be eligible for your reward, if our argument achieves synthesis?

I think this awnsers your questions:

So yes, step right up and share your point of view.

Agruw

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:23:26 AM

... but seemingly evidence of wrongdoing by the defendant (DNA evidence doesn't lie)...

Here is a summary of the dna evidence that I am aware of.

1) Dna from Hser Ner Moo's blood on his jacket.

There were 6 stains on the back of his jacket, according to the technician. 4 of them were arranged in a linear pattern, so obviously from the same source. Those four stains were the blood, according to the evidence technician.

However,
a) the stains were not identifiable as blood before testing, i.e., they were not fresh blood,
b) Met's clothing was all tested for blood after his arrest, and the only blood found was his.
c) These stains appeared later, and are not among the dna evidence nor samples listed in the evidence part of the police report. The appearance is that they might have been added to strengthen the case. Whether that is the case or not, those stains are not consistent with the crime by any stretch of the imagination. Four tiny stains deposited linearly would have to be either from gravity while the jacket was parallel with the floor, or  deposited deliberately. They are not visible on the jacket when he was being interviewed https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=03b_1424109209 and they were not found shortly after that when his clothing was tested for blood.

2) Dna from one of the roommates on one of the walls near where the body was found.
The police speculated this might have come from the roommate spitting betelnut juice, but people do not spit betelnut juice on the floor and walls of their residence. The prosecutors and police were contorting the evidence to avoid considering more obvious suspects because, again, if Met did not kill the child then it means the child may have been alive while the police were deciding whether a foreign kid warranted an 'amber alert' http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/news/ci_8779265

3) Dna under the child's fingernails.
There was dna from a number of people under the child's fingernails, including family, schoolmates and the accused, as well as unidentified dna. All of the dna was dead skin cell type dna. So either she did not draw blood or whoever washed the body also washed their blood from under her nails.

4) Unknown male dna was found at the crime scene.

5) The child's body was found with a handful of hair she had yanked from the attacker. a) Met was not missing a handful of hair, the roommates were not checked. b) That hair probably would have had roots, useful for dna, and it probably was tested, but it disappeared. It appears to have been sent to the fbi.

6) A fresh blood stain was found upstairs but never tested. Met's confession was pushed and prodded to where at one point he mentions the child trying to go upstairs, but the bloodstain was in the roommates living area. Nobody was told about this bloodstain until well after the trial was underway, and it was never tested. My guess is that person may have helped fudge the case and when he finally saw that there really wasn't any authentic evidence against Met he decided the facts might be better than the fictions.

Additionally, if you look at the dna papers they do not seem to point to him. Whatever was used at trial may have been other dna tests but something does look fishy.
creepyjas

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:00:01 PM

@creepyjas/coolcoinz:

Same address, thank you. Still looking onto this. Might find some new article / evidence floating elsewhere in the web.
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:21:04 PM

Same address, thank you. Still looking onto this. Might find some new article / evidence floating elsewhere in the web.

Sent BTC 0.005 to 33qzdgRZZDHac2EkoWde6ek8wDZLWSiBUf:

a85a9b7633caeff10c945369959e1e51b4bea842183ba3b595f76c9fae25e82c

Thanks again, stick around.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 08:40:04 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 06:31:03 PM by coolcoinz

I have the same one as well, but I haven't added anything new, so I'm not asking for any reward. I also have no new ideas, but it's in the attorney's best interest not to look for evidence and let people forget about the case. If someone made a breakthrough that proved Met's innocence it would be a major career ending event. Even if he is guilty we can see that people used their feelings to judge him, instead of hard evidence.

creepyjas

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Thank you, btc received.

Looking for documentaries regarding the case, I hope they have one.
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:20:51 PM

I have the same one as well, but I haven't added anything new, so I'm not asking for any reward. I also have no new ideas, but it's in the attorney's best interest not to look for evidence and let people forget about the case. If someone made a breakthrough that proved Met's innocence it would be a major career ending event. Even if he is guilty we can see that people used their feelings to judge him, instead of hard evidence.

Sent BTC0.005:
455a1a3c9a2d7a281b157a6dbe93fdef1815ebdefe116cb7c917faf38136386b

Sorry for being a bit late.
creepyjas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:47:59 PM

This is probably off topic...
I found this while looking for any documentary/ies related to the case.

Hser Ner Moo Community
Hser Ner Moo Community PDF File

I find this...good. Since from Met didn't or can't talk purely in English, they have set up a community where they teach and help refugees - like Met. Quick thought: if Met could speak in English - the investigation could have been smooth. No coercion before the interrogation and probably, no misunderstandings.
RJX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:49:06 AM

This is probably off topic...
I found this while looking for any documentary/ies related to the case.

Hser Ner Moo Community
Hser Ner Moo Community PDF File

I find this...good. Since from Met didn't or can't talk purely in English, they have set up a community where they teach and help refugees - like Met. Quick thought: if Met could speak in English - the investigation could have been smooth. No coercion before the interrogation and probably, no misunderstandings.

I agree, this initiative may well add in the prevention of rulings such as in Met's case although for him it arrived on the scene a bit tardy.

Better late than never one could argue.
Agruw

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:52:37 AM

Here is the third tape with everything in the original language. English in English, Burmese in Burmese.

https://pastebin.com/5SW7xNJZ
36.25kb
"A1: Okay. We’ll need to go over this again. We’ll need to go over this again."

I have better versions of tape 4 but they are in an odd format that can't just be copied and pasted.

~at this point~

He still seems to not be the killer.

Possible questions though
1) How did he know the shoes, or one of the shoes was in the toilet?
It's possible he was given that information at some point before or during the interrogation. It is an odd small piece of information, and it is the only part of the confession that he seems insistent on, like he is sure it is true, as if somebody told him perhaps.

2) Is it significant that at one point he says the child tried to go upstairs, where a blood stain was found?

~

I'm still very far from where the police report is stored but will upload the relevant parts when possible. The rest of the translations done by the 2nd translator should be done soon. Here is a rough copy of one that I got that is a bit jumbled because of the formatting, I'll clean it up and repost it when I get the last tape https://pastebin.com/hw3612bv
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: