Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FirstbitsRepo.com - Premium firstbits address such as 1sexy, 1stud, 1champ, etc  (Read 6947 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:02:40 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 03:09:15 PM by SgtSpike

I am very happy to announce the launch of my web store, FirstbitsRepo.com

Essentially, the web store sells securely delivered Bitcoin private keys for premium firstbits addresses, such as 1admin, 1music, 1sexy, etc.  We also now sell custom 2-factor address generation (you don't have to trust us with your generated private keys!).

To answer some questions and concerns that I know people will be wondering right off the bat:
- The keys were generated offline, and will not touch an online computer unless encrypted.
- Only my wife and myself have access to the private keys.
- This requires no greater trust than that of the beloved Casascius coins, and I aim to continue my reputation as an honest individual.
- The private keys are deleted after customers give us confirmation that they have successfully received them.
- An open source address sweeper is currently in development (not by me, but I paid the bounty to make it happen) to immediately sweep arriving funds to a different address, for those who want to rely on as little trust as possible.
- Private keys are typically delivered via GPG or 7-zip, but we can work to add additional delivery methods as well.

More FAQs are answered here:  http://firstbitsrepo.com/index.php/faq

If you find bad text, a bug, or any sort of exploit, please contact me. I am willing to pay 0.1 to 1.0 BTC, depending on severity.  While customer private keys will never be at risk of exposure, some parts of the website might be exploitable without me knowing.  I would like to avoid this.  The backend is Magento 1.7.0.2 with the bitpay plugin and a couple other minor extensions.

FirstbitsRepo.com's PGP key is listed on MIT's key server:  http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x57D252B1958FF408
Bitmessage address is the same as is listed in my signature, BM-onLajozPiQ8NrfXfzx42gsSYYBdhz6T6V
Email address is sales@firstbitsrepo.com

Coupon codes!
PHY99 - 99% off one item.  (5 uses)
PHY50 - 50% off entire cart. (10 uses)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask away.  I'll probably be lengthening this OP as questions are asked, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:23:24 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 07:01:21 PM by SgtSpike

Win 1 BTC Promotion - Promotion ended, thanks for joining in!

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:38:19 AM

What about split-key vanity addresses? Find a trusted escrower, then both of you will have to collaborate for any coins to be stolen. Obviously won't work on firstbits you already generated.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84569.0
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:10:48 PM

Sell a Vanity Address->Get BTC->Youknow the private key->take all the coins in it away->Profit

Anyway i am in the raffle

Cheng Casper
First Bit 1CasperDE
1CasperDEhyGD81WNPo9qkaFnWxUSWmrqk

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:11:13 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 03:41:33 PM by TheTortoise

I have registered
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:13:58 PM

What about split-key vanity addresses? Find a trusted escrower, then both of you will have to collaborate for any coins to be stolen. Obviously won't work on firstbits you already generated.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84569.0
It is a good idea!  This option didn't exist when I generated these addresses, but it has potential and I would love to also implement that as an option for vanity addresses on request.  Maybe to come in the short future...!

Sell a Vanity Address->Get BTC->Youknow the private key->take all the coins in it away->Profit

Anyway i am in the raffle

Cheng Casper
First Bit 1CasperDE
1CasperDEhyGD81WNPo9qkaFnWxUSWmrqk
You know, this is why I hesitated to sell these keys for a couple of years.  But then, Casascius has the same issue of trust, and people trust him with 11 million dollars worth of coins!  Certainly, I don't expect everyone to immediately trust me, and I fully expect that some people will never trust me, but I am not out to steal anyone's coins, my name and address is public information, and I hope to build up trust over time.  I absolutely suggest that no one keep any significant amount of coins in their addresses, but that they use a sweeper to immediately withdraw the coins from those addresses into other addresses they know are only controlled by them.

Thanks for the feedback, and for entering!  Note that you do not need to post your first/last name from your account, you only need to make sure that your Bitcointalk.org name on your firstbitsrepo.com account matches with your forum name here.  I will take the list of registration names and compare with the list of names of people who have posted in this thread to verify.

I have registered and my account name looks like my name , It's Mithat Can Ozdemir , but I don't know why that is a public knowledge since the purpose of cyrpto is staying anon.
Sorry, my directions must have been confusing.  There is no need to post information about your account here - you only need to post that you have registered, and make sure your bitcointalk.org username is in your Account Information at firstbitsrepo.com.
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:30:15 PM

Registered  Wink

Please, if I win notify me via private message.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

I will most certainly notify whoever wins!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:46:52 PM

Registered, but I would still recommend you turn this to a split-key vanity addresses scheme.
rayflammerex

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:53:57 PM

Looks interesting. Is there any runner up prizes after the 1BTC promotion?
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:57:34 PM

Registered, but I would still recommend you turn this to a split-key vanity addresses scheme.
Thanks for the feedback.  I figure if people are willing to trust Casascius coins and online companies to hold their Bitcoins, why not me?  But time will tell.  I would very much like to do split-key vanity address generation on demand though, so I will start looking at adding that as a feature.

Looks interesting. Is there any runner up prizes after the 1BTC promotion?
Just the one prize for now.  I'm not BTC-rich, so I can only afford to give away so much...!
contrariwise

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:58:12 PM

I registered!
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:05:35 PM

Registered under the same username as here.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:17:08 PM

Per John's recommendation, I now offer split-key custom address generation!  I offer up to 9 characters of generation.  If you want 10 characters, go contact Cray.  Wink

http://firstbitsrepo.com/index.php/create-your-own.html
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:05:05 PM

I would like to start getting some feedback on this service/store!  To promote said feedback, here are some coupon codes for free and discounted addresses:

PHYZERO - 100% off one item.  (5 uses)
PHY50 - 50% off entire cart. (10 uses)
Jdumond

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:21:36 PM

Registered!

Looks Great, Same Username both places.

I dont like the guy. How many reasons do I have? alot.
How many reasons do I need? none.
I just dont like the guy.

Donate here: 1Juv5x7PHcNQdRzdUpWK1DHMKwMy7j7zxj
Tradehill: TH-R11447
Jdumond

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:26:32 PM

Just playing around with the website, and the free offers. PHYZERO

I have tried to purchase a couple of times and I get

"error creating bit-pay invoice. Please try again or use another payment option".

No other payment options pull up and I get this error consistently.

Hope this helps! Nice idea.

I dont like the guy. How many reasons do I have? alot.
How many reasons do I need? none.
I just dont like the guy.

Donate here: 1Juv5x7PHcNQdRzdUpWK1DHMKwMy7j7zxj
Tradehill: TH-R11447
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

Just playing around with the website, and the free offers. PHYZERO

I have tried to purchase a couple of times and I get

"error creating bit-pay invoice. Please try again or use another payment option".

No other payment options pull up and I get this error consistently.

Hope this helps! Nice idea.
It appears bitpay doesn't like $0 invoices.  Wink  Thanks for the report, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

In the meantime, enjoy this coupon code:

PHY99 - 99% off one item.  (5 uses)
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:10:20 AM

So I can make that 3000$ for free with that coupon?
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:16:29 AM

So I can make that 3000$ for free with that coupon?
No, sorry, I should have specified that the free/99% codes are for the pre-generated addresses only.  You CAN use the 50% code on the split-gen addresses though!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: