Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:39:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for current hike in bitcoin  (Read 1228 times)
SikatBray (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:22:28 PM

What is the reason for the current hike in the price of bitcoin and would you advice to buy or wait at current rate?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:27:19 PM

i read a comment on the wall observer topic that i liked which is explaining what happened and i agree with:
What happened is a standard counter play by market makers. To get rid of the volatility speculators, placing stop loss / profit take on both sides, you have to make sharp moves in both directions to trigger not only entering but also exiting stop loss orders!

There is a FOMO brewing...
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:33:12 PM

What is the reason for the current hike in the price of bitcoin and would you advice to buy or wait at current rate?

Majority is the speculation about the upcoming ETF approval. If approve, the price is predicted to be rise and if dissapprove the price will land on it's deep bottom. Also other things are, want to take advantage of the dip before the expected price increase.

The price hike just few hours ago is really on action although after only just a few minutes it went down to the same price range it was before the hike. This kind of movement is really can give confusion to the traders that's why it's really important to monitor the price closely as ETF approval is almost here.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

My advice: don't listen to the mass media, especially if you intend to take investment decisions on the basis of what they write. Most authors have no idea about the subject on which to write the article. Those few who still understands usually don't write about it.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:36:59 PM

My advice: don't listen to the mass media, especially if you intend to take investment decisions on the basis of what they write. Most authors have no idea about the subject on which to write the article. Those few who still understands usually don't write about it.

Yeah but many people do listen to them and it affects the price.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:30:33 PM

The reason of it i think because theres alot ofpeople who want to try bitcoin thats why they're making a investment to btc at the same time they're making an affect in the price of  bitcoin and the other reason why bitcoin starting to decrease because big whales are cashing out their wallets .
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:44:17 PM

i read a comment on the wall observer topic that i liked which is explaining what happened and i agree with:
What happened is a standard counter play by market makers. To get rid of the volatility speculators, placing stop loss / profit take on both sides, you have to make sharp moves in both directions to trigger not only entering but also exiting stop loss orders!

That nicely explains how easy it is for deep pockets to rule the market with iron fist. This tactic is nothing new, but the range of the up and down movements were quite on the larger side. It quite often happens with altcoins as they don't require you to have an insane amount of funds as whale, while doing that with Bitcoin it means you're a real big boy in the market. Either way, these shake offs allow other traders to benefit as well. You just need to hop in on time.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

The reason of it i think because theres alot ofpeople who want to try bitcoin thats why they're making a investment to btc at the same time they're making an affect in the price of  bitcoin and the other reason why bitcoin starting to decrease because big whales are cashing out their wallets .
This monthly reason why we are seeing price decreases.. and i think for now we are experience of price crash i think because of ETF approval..
that is why we seen some price decreases.
If you want to buy low price better to start buying right now because the price is slowly increasing and i think more price will increase in few months the movement of the price is different from the last year and 2015 this is what i notice these year.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:20:56 AM

Well the current hike has gone down a lot
Now i would suggest u to buy the bitcoins and hold on tight to sell the bitcoins in the mid of april .well statistically it can be said that the price of bitcoins will go high up then .
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:44:52 AM

I think the ongoing price increase is the real increase of the revolutionary bitcoin. From the beginning it has been moving forward focusing on growth. At some circumstances it falls due to some sort of technical backlog and get solved in a short. The current price move will be effective for long time period.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:29:34 AM

Well the current hike has gone down a lot
Now i would suggest u to buy the bitcoins and hold on tight to sell the bitcoins in the mid of april .well statistically it can be said that the price of bitcoins will go high up then .
I think the ongoing price increase is the real increase of the revolutionary bitcoin. From the beginning it has been moving forward focusing on growth. At some circumstances it falls due to some sort of technical backlog and get solved in a short. The current price move will be effective for long time period.

you two need to seriously take a look at "DATE" of the topics and learn to "READ" the topic first before posting some random answer.

this topic is old and it is asking about the 10 of March sudden rise to above $1300 in a couple of minutes. and if you read the first couple of comments you'll see the speculative reason for it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:30:59 PM

Many people want to try bitcoin because it is being used as a good asset to earn some money. The fact that it's price is increasing means that there are still users buying bitcoin because if the price dump that has happened last week. They are taking the advantage of the price while it is still in the three digits, but now I think it is not.

So I think some bitcoin users who converted their bitcoin into ETH are having a good dissapointed face right now. That panic will be really  lesson learned.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:24:04 PM

Don't know which stats you are talking about.  Roll Eyes
There is no guarantee that bitcoin price will go up on mid of april or anyday in the future. But your suggestion is good one, buying bitcoin at current price is very wise decision.

I am expecting $1300 by end of next month.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

Many people want to try bitcoin because it is being used as a good asset to earn some money. The fact that it's price is increasing means that there are still users buying bitcoin because if the price dump that has happened last week. They are taking the advantage of the price while it is still in the three digits, but now I think it is not.

So I think some bitcoin users who converted their bitcoin into ETH are having a good dissapointed face right now. That panic will be really  lesson learned.

only if they don't know how things are working now, that is, Bitcoin rises, ETH falls, Bitcoin falls, ETH rises
so if one can predict when the price will fall, exchange Bitcoin for ether will be more profitable than just sell and buy back. Of course if you are right and the price indeed falls
Deja

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

Silverlink

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:31:08 AM

Bitcoin still has great potential for profit, just follow the fork/segwitt progress and you should know what will happen but if you are looking for profit better take a look to some altcoins, many of them much more chance to make profit than Bitcoin.

KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:52:07 AM

Bitcoin still has great potential for profit, just follow the fork/segwitt progress and you should know what will happen but if you are looking for profit better take a look to some altcoins, many of them much more chance to make profit than Bitcoin.
Altcoins are found high to profit but only the users who have been into the trading for a long will make profit out of it. The new users who enter with the plan of making profit initially experience hard loss than profit because price fluctuations were big with altcoins than bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

Altcoins are found high to profit but only the users who have been into the trading for a long will make profit out of it. The new users who enter with the plan of making profit initially experience hard loss than profit because price fluctuations were big with altcoins than bitcoin.
Most of the people jumping in altcoins do that blindly ~ they jump in at X price and hope to sell at Y price.

If things don't go according to their plan, then they swallow the loss by cashing out, and move to the next coin, and repeat everything till they are left with just a few pennies.

That's how things go in the altcoin industry. They hop from coin to coin hoping to hit bank when an altcoin starts pumping heavily. It's basically the same as gambling. No skills required.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:39:38 PM

Yeah, Altcoin trading is very tricky. I admit when I was a newbie trader, I experienced huge losses from Altcoin due to investing in scam coins. Before I am fun of investing all my BTC into 1 Altcoin only because I am finding it hard to trade multiple Altcoins. But sadly, because there are lots of scam coins scattered in many trading platforms. And lacking the knowledge and skill of a trader (because I am new to trading that time) I invested all my earned BTC in a certain coin and lose it.

I suggest having a further research first before engaging in bitcoin trading.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dacueba

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:22:05 PM

buy at whatever price, you are almost warranted to have big profits in a year at most
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

The price of bitcoin is increasing because it has potential, previously it has reduced its price because of speculation regarding BU. Now people understand that it is not impossible to hard fork the bitcoin into Bitcoin unlimited.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████