Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting images / videos with URLs [Answered]  (Read 274 times)
creepyjas (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:49:33 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 05:03:08 PM by creepyjas

Hi,

I've been trying to post a reply with an image from imgur last night and I couldn't figure out how to show it directly to viewers. From the img tag, I put the URL. After that, it just shows the URL. I even tried to put the width and height, thinking that maybe the image is too big. How do you guys do it?

PS. If I am in the wrong board or this is a duplicate thread, I'd be glad to move or close this.
PPS. I even followed a thread / reply here that says put in the imgur URL with the extension (.jpg) with it - didn't work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:54:08 PM

It should posted like this with the extension at the end otherwise It won't show up directly:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/JwsVC1k.png[/img]

Additionally, It's impossible to post images unless you are a junior member (+30 Activity) and for videos, It's impossible to post them directly, there has been some occasions where theymos (admin of the forum) posted videos embedded but he used HTML which is disabled in normal users case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
creepyjas (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:01:20 PM

It should posted like this with the extension at the end otherwise It won't show up directly:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/JwsVC1k.png[/img]

Additionally, It's impossible to post images unless you are a junior member (+30 Activity) and for videos, It's impossible to post them directly, there has been some occasions where theymos (admin of the forum) posted videos embedded but he used HTML which is disabled in normal users case.

Aha! I was not wrong in any way, it's just my rank is Newb. Thank you for answering.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: