Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get new people interested in Bitcoin?  (Read 368 times)
justabitoftime (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:25:22 AM

I'm just curious, when you're trying to get your non-technical friends into Bitcoin, how do you approach it? In other words, are there sets of videos you send them? Do you setup their wallets?

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:32:40 AM

In my opinion, it's a bit early in the lifecycle of bitcoin to be "getting my non-technical friends into it".  There are some significant issues that still need to be resolved before I'll actively try to encourage someone without technical skills to get involved.

On the other hand, if a non-technical friend is aware that I'm involved with bitcoin and specifically asks for advice, I'll help in whatever way I can (I won't steer them away from it, I'll just make sure they are aware of some of the significant risks).

Generally, I'd be willing to help them set up an Electrum, Multi-Bit, blockchain.info, or paper wallet in addition to doing the best I can to answer any questions they might have in the simplest terms possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: