Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know about any 3D-Secure Bitcoin Debit Card?  (Read 1098 times)
ritlo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:25:52 PM

As per RBI rules, all online credit/debit card transactions in India have to be through 3D-Secure cards. If you dont know, 3D-Secure is the feature of some credit cards(All in India) and is known as Verified by Visa for  certain Visa and Mastercard SecureCode for certain Mastercard cards, in which when you make an online purchase, you are redirected to your bank's website to enter an OTP or PIN. Because of this, my current bitcoin virtual card doesnt work on Indian Sites, even if it works on any other site of the internet. Anyone know of any such bitcoin credit card that is 3D-secure, or atleast works in India by some means?

Thanks.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 02:05:10 AM

Do you mind me asking what btc cards are you using?
You said virtual, what kind of card is it?

I do own some physical bitcoin cards which i haven't used since ever , am not sure if it will work online!
will give it a try soon and let you know
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

I've a couple of CoinsBank Bitcoin Cards and they work pretty well in India. I've used them at some ATM, restaurants etc to pay for stuff. Works like a charm.

Tried paying with it on Flipkart, didn't work.. I'd be interested knowing some alternatives for this as well.
ritlo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:53:54 AM

Do you mind me asking what btc cards are you using?
You said virtual, what kind of card is it?

I do own some physical bitcoin cards which i haven't used since ever , am not sure if it will work online!
will give it a try soon and let you know

My bitcoin card was a virtual card from Shakepay, they dont give cards to India but I used a fake address and it worked LOL!

I've a couple of CoinsBank Bitcoin Cards and they work pretty well in India. I've used them at some ATM, restaurants etc to pay for stuff. Works like a charm.

Tried paying with it on Flipkart, didn't work.. I'd be interested knowing some alternatives for this as well.

Yeah your card will work in a ATM, but not on any Indian online sites , because you will be shown a 3D Secure failed error.

Its worth noting that while a normal Indian site will tell you about 3D-S error, when I used my card on Amazon India, it initially showed me a "Thanks for your purchase" screen, without charging the card, but then 15 minutes later told me to "Revise payment method".
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 07:23:24 PM

Well the way for it if you have a friend in USA , ask him to get you a virtual card linked to his account and pay him in bitcoin
i dont know still though if it'll work online
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:46:46 PM

After seeing this thread and reading the comments , i am happy to know that their are some cards which are working for indian ATM also, because i have searched all bitcoin credit or debit card issuers who are not supporting India and i was just waiting when will they support India.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: