Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The original Gray Matter GPU Server Case. Starting from $299  (Read 2113 times)
graymatter (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:48:07 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2017, 06:25:13 PM by graymatter

Version 3.0 is out and ships same day / next day.

Economy version is in production and should be shipping by 4/1/17!

Don't be fooled by imitators, we've been manufacturing and selling GPU server cases since 2013.

Highlights:
– Standard 4U 19″ rackmount chassis compatible with almost all cabs / datacenters
– Screw mountable rackmount ears (no more bolts yay!)
– Case supports mATX and ATX motherboards.
– Front power / reset button w/ power and hhd led.
– Two piece lid for easier access to the components you’re servicing.
– Mounting hardware for 6 usb pci-e risers which securely host up to 12.5″ long video cards.
– Dual power supply capable with clearance for big PSUs.
– Mounts for 1x HHD / SSD above motherboard.
– Supports 3x 120mm fans w/ clearance for 200+cfm server grade fans (1.5” thick fans).
– Gray powder coat finish.

Head over to miningrigs.net for more pictures and to order.

qctechno

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:22:16 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 06:33:11 PM by qctechno

299$ is a bit expensive and didn't help for ROI but is a really nice case.

I also like your S7 / S9 shell ( I visited the website ), best mining setup I saw so far. +1 for that  Grin

graymatter (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:55:32 PM

I also like your S7 / S9 shell ( I visited the website ), best mining setup I saw so far. +1 for that  Grin

Thanks, our focus has been primarily industrial mining and budget password cracking and rendering groups.  A home miner can easily put together a gpu rig frame for less than $100, but when your talking hundreds of gpu rigs you need something a little more organized.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

Thanks, our focus has been primarily industrial mining and budget password cracking and rendering groups.  A home miner can easily put together a gpu rig frame for less than $100, but when your talking hundreds of gpu rigs you need something a little more organized.

this is one of the sweet cases I got , v2 I believe:

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:36:42 AM

Do I understand it correctly that the case pictured above is actually $499, and the economy case is the one that retails for $299?

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 09:26:29 PM

Do I understand it correctly that the case pictured above is actually $499, and the economy case is the one that retails for $299?

Yep saw that too.

This is noob marketing because it turns people off because individuals are essentially being misled.

"Starting at $299" and showing a picture of the 499$ model. The 299$ model is a shell with nothing. Might as well buy your own server chassis for 80$.

graymatter (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:22:58 PM

Yep saw that too.

This is noob marketing because it turns people off because individuals are essentially being misled.

"Starting at $299" and showing a picture of the 499$ model. The 299$ model is a shell with nothing. Might as well buy your own server chassis for 80$.

Nobody is being misled, unless you're the kind of sap that goes to the car dealership expecting the fully loaded model for the promo rate...

The ECON is functionally the same as V3.0, where V3.0 has some extra features and comes ready to go.

Most miners already have most if not all of the accessory parts and are looking for an easy conversion from the milk crate they're already running in.
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:13:17 PM

Yep saw that too.

Nobody is being misled, unless you're the kind of sap that goes to the car dealership expecting the fully loaded model for the promo rate...

The ECON is functionally the same as V3.0, where V3.0 has some extra features and comes ready to go.

Most miners already have most if not all of the accessory parts and are looking for an easy conversion from the milk crate they're already running in.

This sap just wanted some clarification on which case was for sale at the $299 price point. I really like the case and was considering it even with the premium to convert my 11 rigs since I'm moving them to a Data Center, but your response/customer service has turned me off. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: