Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:02:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex - Sleazy Exchange  (Read 520 times)
darktryad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:30:28 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 08:03:41 PM by darktryad

So, yeah. I've been doing a lot of trading lately on Poloniex. These guys seemed fairly trustworthy until red flags starting popping up. First flag, they require extensive personal information to raise your withdrawal limits. k, they probably have a good reason for doing that. Right? I entered my phone number and within 20 minutes sleazy con artists started calling me telling me about winning a free vacation, I just need to give the my credit card number etc. etc. Poloniex is giving your personal information to scammers. Their next verification level requires your SSN and picture ID. I'm fairly confident they're using that for identity theft. In conclusion, Poloniex CANNOT be trusted with your personal information. As for trusting them with your money, it's a risky proposition in light of my experience. Poloniex is not much better than a DNM in terms of trust, beware.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:07:49 PM

https://poloniex.com/terms/

See point 10 and 11.

That is why they require IDs (and why I don't use them and other exchanges bent over to US organizations if I can avoid it).

I highly doubt they sold your phone number, it's much more likely that it was a coincidence or you have a virus or rogue browser extension/plugin or something like that.

Not your keys, not your coins!
darktryad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:11:57 PM

The profile page now says I need to enter the last four digits of my SSN to "confirm your date of birth". This seems very dubious to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: