Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:53:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking To Build A Block Explorer  (Read 2851 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 08:34:54 PM

We are looking to create a bitcoin block explorer using bitcore.

Seeing that a full node would require around around 8GB of memory and about 200GB of disk space available to store the Bitcoin blockchain plus additional database information, we plan on building it on Amazon Web Services. We could then have an API that connects to the actual website.

We are looking for someone who has extensive experience operating a full node and preferably someone who has built a block explorer elsewhere.

The block explorer will be built on the homepage on www.diginomics.com.

If you are interested to know more, you can leave a comment here or send us a personal message.

Thank you.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:41:48 PM

Yeah

https://insight.is/
catchcoin

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:59:23 AM

Many Thanks for the info,I m seeking this too.. Grin

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:33:49 AM

What do you need the fill node to do? There are instructions on Insights installation as a full node on their website Smiley
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

Seeing that a full node would require around around 8GB of memory and about 200GB of disk space available to store the Bitcoin blockchain plus additional database information, we plan on building it on Amazon Web Services. We could then have an API that connects to the actual website.

We are looking for someone who has extensive experience operating a full node and preferably someone who has built a block explorer elsewhere.

If you are interested to know more, you can leave a comment here or send us a personal message.

Thank you.

Let me please clarify some points :

A full node requires around 110gb for now, and around 4gb memory. Bitcore is a nodeJS integration of bitcoin core, now for the API it depends on your needs, if you want an API to work with, then bitcore is not required, bitcoin core is enough.
Based on your website's language, you can create sandboxes for users to send realtime queries to the bitcoin core, it is easy to implement, tell me if you need help with that, and it will be for free, with a how-to guide.
If you want to use the core for payment processing, it will but just a little longer to do, but still feasable, even without bitcore.

Now if you need the block explorer using bitcore to create a tutorial, you best bet is in bitcore's repository, they aleready implemented it : https://github.com/bitpay/insight-ui
If you want a block explorer just to teach how to make one, well, the best one, and easiest to implement is Iquidus explorer : https://github.com/iquidus/explorer

I would be happy to help you if you need.
BuySomeBitcoins

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:20:45 PM

Thank you.

A full node requires around 110gb for now, and around 4gb memory. Bitcore is a nodeJS integration of bitcoin core, now for the API it depends on your needs, if you want an API to work with, then bitcore is not required, bitcoin core is enough.
Based on your website's language, you can create sandboxes for users to send realtime queries to the bitcoin core, it is easy to implement, tell me if you need help with that, and it will be for free, with a how-to guide.
If you want to use the core for payment processing, it will but just a little longer to do, but still feasable, even without bitcore.

Now if you need the block explorer using bitcore to create a tutorial, you best bet is in bitcore's repository, they aleready implemented it : https://github.com/bitpay/insight-ui
If you want a block explorer just to teach how to make one, well, the best one, and easiest to implement is Iquidus explorer : https://github.com/iquidus/explorer

He can just link his insight nodejs to external nodes, he does not have to host the blockchain.

It is better to have your own code, use it internally than using external APIs that can go down from a moment to another.
This is why localbitcoins.com use their own inhouse code, wallets and block explorer.

nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 04:51:53 PM

Thank you.

He can just link his insight nodejs to external nodes, he does not have to host the blockchain.

It is better to have your own code, use it internally than using external APIs that can go down from a moment to another.
This is why localbitcoins.com use their own inhouse code, wallets and block explorer.

It depends on what they need, the best practise is to use own node, but people have troubles with them because of the high disk usage.
There are many ways to achieve that, but you have only two ways to access the data (as far as i know) :

1- Build your own bitcoin core.
2- Use an API to get blocks data.

Now for the block explorer, you can use insight as standalone, insight made for bitcore, abe block explorer, iquidus, block crawler, or even build your own.

As i said, it depends on what you want to achieve, and if you will need or not a bitcoin core, either now or later.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:57:10 PM

Bcore and insight are very user friendly, I am not exactly sure what you are needing help with?
hascoin

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:00:58 AM

is bitcore the source of a blockexplorer?could it used on others altcoin?

Learnning blockchain  !
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

bcoin is an awesome project, i follow the development on github, this will bring many new features to bitcoin. And it is user friendly.
insight is user friendly also, this is why it had been used by bitcore to make their block explorer.

bitcore is an implementation of bitcoin core in nodejs, they forked insight and adapted it to be supported by bitcore code. Yes bitcore can be used with altcoins, so does insight, but the insight version of bitcore is more a UI version, it is called insight UI for bitcore, so it is just an adaptation.

The most interesting to work with is bcoin as it is a true bitcoin node in a browser.
hascoin

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:51:35 AM

bcoin is an awesome project, i follow the development on github, this will bring many new features to bitcoin. And it is user friendly.
insight is user friendly also, this is why it had been used by bitcore to make their block explorer.

bitcore is an implementation of bitcoin core in nodejs, they forked insight and adapted it to be supported by bitcore code. Yes bitcore can be used with altcoins, so does insight, but the insight version of bitcore is more a UI version, it is called insight UI for bitcore, so it is just an adaptation.

The most interesting to work with is bcoin as it is a true bitcoin node in a browser.
could it be userd in others altcoin?

Learnning blockchain  !
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 08:37:18 AM

could it be userd in others altcoin?

With some knowledge and patience you can turn any project to an altcoin compliant project.
In the case of Iquidus, it is really easy as it is made to be supported by Altcoins, for insight, if you have any problem you can fork it from some projects who aleready adapted it, and see how they did in the commits history, then adapt it to your own.
Or, build your own, it is not that complicated, just time consuming.
IngerDev

Activity: 157
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

For which Coin you need the Full Node Block Explorer?
Insight is actually specified for Bitcoin, for other Coins you have to edit the Source Code and modify it with your Coin details.

Regards.

GlobalToken; for fast online payments
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬█  Twitter   █   BCT Forum   █   GitHub   █   Discord   █▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Masternodes || 30 Algorithms || Merge-Mining
BuySomeBitcoins

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:12:27 PM

Insight is actually specified for Bitcoin, for other Coins you have to edit the Source Code and modify it with your Coin details.

Regards.

Jesus, read the question.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 01:05:23 AM

Regards.

Jesus, read the question.

Ain't no one got time for that!  Cheesy

cryptomissions
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Founding Dev for Cryptomission

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 02:40:45 AM

Is there anyone that can assist me in building a Blockchain explorer and MacOS wallet? If so please let me know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: