Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ZID] Identity | SINGULARITY roadmap --> DNA | AI | no ICO, no premine  (Read 21453 times)
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:55:57 PM

Scrap this stuff about medical records and "hospital networks" as well.  Ambitious goals are great, outlandish and foolish goals are another.  Even if healthcare companies saw utility in such a thing, implementing it (at least in the US) would require rewriting federal law.  HIPAA regulations are no joke.

Talk of "medical records on the blockchain" simply makes the coin look silly, and no one will take you seriously.  No offense, just offering some constructive criticism.

That may be a realistic problem.
And in different countries, you face different laws.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

Scrap this stuff about medical records and "hospital networks" as well.  Ambitious goals are great, outlandish and foolish goals are another.  Even if healthcare companies saw utility in such a thing, implementing it (at least in the US) would require rewriting federal law.  HIPAA regulations are no joke.

Talk of "medical records on the blockchain" simply makes the coin look silly, and no one will take you seriously.  No offense, just offering some constructive criticism.

I don't know what the laws are in other countries.  Maybe something like this makes sense somewhere outside the US.  In any case, this medical records stuff should be presented as just one of many possible use cases of the technology, not as a singular goal.  It is mentioned multiple times in the "white green paper" that was just posted.  More universal, flexible, multi-purpose coins that any developer can build an app on top of is what people want to invest in these days.  The overemphasis on the medical records stuff makes it sound like the coin's development is going to pigeonhole it into this one specific purpose (and a relatively far-flung and unrealistic purpose at that).

I agree completely the new Ann page won't have it. The release of the second chain will though. It's POS no mine, with air drop.

POS?  I am a bit ignorant of developments in the land of cryptonote coins, but as far as I know that would make this the first cryptonote coin with POS correct?
Project_Identity (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 03:11:14 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 04:06:42 PM by Project_Identity

Scrap this stuff about medical records and "hospital networks" as well.  Ambitious goals are great, outlandish and foolish goals are another.  Even if healthcare companies saw utility in such a thing, implementing it (at least in the US) would require rewriting federal law.  HIPAA regulations are no joke.

Talk of "medical records on the blockchain" simply makes the coin look silly, and no one will take you seriously.  No offense, just offering some constructive criticism.

I don't know what the laws are in other countries.  Maybe something like this makes sense somewhere outside the US.  In any case, this medical records stuff should be presented as just one of many possible use cases of the technology, not as a singular goal.  It is mentioned multiple times in the "white green paper" that was just posted.  More universal, flexible, multi-purpose coins that any developer can build an app on top of is what people want to invest in these days.  The overemphasis on the medical records stuff makes it sound like the coin's development is going to pigeonhole it into this one specific purpose (and a relatively far-flung and unrealistic purpose at that).

I agree completely the new Ann page won't have it. The release of the second chain will though. It's POS no mine, with air drop.

POS?  I am a bit ignorant of developments in the land of cryptonote coins, but as far as I know that would make this the first cryptonote coin with POS correct?

I greatly appreciate all the tips and even criticism.

Believe me I understand the ramifications of breaking confidentiality. I should mention i work in the medical field so I have some insight into the subject.

The idea was that a universal database would greatly improve the current system. Time ,money,labor and even lives can be saved.

Maybe I should mention in the paper more clearly that this can and will be a private application for the use of hospitals and medical professionals. I do not see a problem as long as it does not violate any laws.

This at some point will turn from a solo project into a needed dev team. I already some good contacts in mind.

With that said I 100% agree that I should take the focus off of the medical aspect. After all that is just one application to be built on the chain or like you said can be an example for use cases.

Here is why there is so much emphasis on the medical part. This project started with that idea. Since then, this  has evolved into so much more.

So I should make sure to separate the chains from dev created applications.

Which is something I do want to emphasize, that the identity project devs will be producing applications. We don't want to create a project with a focus on applications and not create any our selves.

Anyways thanks again for your input, I definitely will edit those pages ,those are WIPs anyways. Also If you think this is jam packed those are only two pages of the whole paper and roadmap.

Cheers

Edit, I fixed grammatical nonsense that I typed from my phone. I do most of my replying in between squad runs.
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:19:18 PM

Scrap this.  An entire year of mining amounts to about 3.18 million coins.  This "fair distribution fund" is never going to come close to 1 million coins.  100k coins in the first year is even an incredibly lofty goal.  Either way, by the time such a fund were to reach a significant amount, it will no longer be useful.  The whole point of air drops and distributing free coins is to jump start the "network effect".  That point is moot after 6 months to a year of development.

I'm confused now. There will be a second coin too? So there will never be an airdrop (or whatever you wanna call it) for zid?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Project_Identity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 08:53:02 PM

Scrap this.  An entire year of mining amounts to about 3.18 million coins.  This "fair distribution fund" is never going to come close to 1 million coins.  100k coins in the first year is even an incredibly lofty goal.  Either way, by the time such a fund were to reach a significant amount, it will no longer be useful.  The whole point of air drops and distributing free coins is to jump start the "network effect".  That point is moot after 6 months to a year of development.

I'm confused now. There will be a second coin too? So there will never be an airdrop (or whatever you wanna call it) for zid?

The first chain is the currency the second  chain will be much more and the tokens are essentially fuel for the network.

There are two chains that work in tandem with each other.

One is pure currency. One is programmable for side chains and smart contracts. Chain one you can mine. Chain two is un minable. POS running nodes will make you earn tokens.

Since chain two is premined tokens they will be given away and other rewards offered.

Chain one was no premine so unless we have a mass amount of funds for the donation it won't happen.

Like I said before things are subject to change, as we progress for the better.

Project_Identity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 09:07:41 PM

While I'm stuck at work here is a peek at another page of the new Ann. This is specifically for the current standing of the project.

SwedishBitMiner

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:08:52 AM

ZID added to http://notepool.pw
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:21:22 AM

Any exchanges? I thought I had seen one mentioned earlier.
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:40:23 AM

Any exchanges? I thought I had seen one mentioned earlier.

No exchange available at the moment. If there is an exchange the dev will announce it and update the OP.
ekoja

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:52:03 AM

While I'm stuck at work here is a peek at another page of the new Ann. This is specifically for the current standing of the project.

hi, dev, I can say you do a good job!
I am mining the "chain one". And looking  forward to "chain two".
ekoja

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:03:33 AM

Scrap this stuff about medical records and "hospital networks" as well.  Ambitious goals are great, outlandish and foolish goals are another.  Even if healthcare companies saw utility in such a thing, implementing it (at least in the US) would require rewriting federal law.  HIPAA regulations are no joke.

Talk of "medical records on the blockchain" simply makes the coin look silly, and no one will take you seriously.  No offense, just offering some constructive criticism.

I don't know what the laws are in other countries.  Maybe something like this makes sense somewhere outside the US.  In any case, this medical records stuff should be presented as just one of many possible use cases of the technology, not as a singular goal.  It is mentioned multiple times in the "white green paper" that was just posted.  More universal, flexible, multi-purpose coins that any developer can build an app on top of is what people want to invest in these days.  The overemphasis on the medical records stuff makes it sound like the coin's development is going to pigeonhole it into this one specific purpose (and a relatively far-flung and unrealistic purpose at that).

POS?  I am a bit ignorant of developments in the land of cryptonote coins, but as far as I know that would make this the first cryptonote coin with POS correct?

I greatly appreciate all the tips and even criticism.

Believe me I understand the ramifications of breaking confidentiality. I should mention i work in the medical field so I have some insight into the subject.

The idea was that a universal database would greatly improve the current system. Time ,money,labor and even lives can be saved.

Maybe I should mention in the paper more clearly that this can and will be a private application for the use of hospitals and medical professionals. I do not see a problem as long as it does not violate any laws.

This at some point will turn from a solo project into a needed dev team. I already some good contacts in mind.

With that said I 100% agree that I should take the focus off of the medical aspect. After all that is just one application to be built on the chain or like you said can be an example for use cases.

Here is why there is so much emphasis on the medical part. This project started with that idea. Since then, this  has evolved into so much more.

So I should make sure to separate the chains from dev created applications.

Which is something I do want to emphasize, that the identity project devs will be producing applications. We don't want to create a project with a focus on applications and not create any our selves.

Anyways thanks again for your input, I definitely will edit those pages ,those are WIPs anyways. Also If you think this is jam packed those are only two pages of the whole paper and roadmap.

Cheers

Edit, I fixed grammatical nonsense that I typed from my phone. I do most of my replying in between squad runs.

Though I am not quite familiar with this field, I can feel the serious attitude from dev's reply.
I put my believe in this project.
amy1284455127

Activity: 536

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:27:51 AM

The first chain is the currency the second  chain will be much more and the tokens are essentially fuel for the network.

One is pure currency. One is programmable for side chains and smart contracts. Chain one you can mine. Chain two is un minable. POS running nodes will make you earn tokens.

Since chain two is premined tokens they will be given away and other rewards offered.

Chain one was no premine so unless we have a mass amount of funds for the donation it won't happen.

It seems that the chain two is more valuable ; Smiley Smiley

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:26:50 AM

Scrap this.  An entire year of mining amounts to about 3.18 million coins.  This "fair distribution fund" is never going to come close to 1 million coins.  100k coins in the first year is even an incredibly lofty goal.  Either way, by the time such a fund were to reach a significant amount, it will no longer be useful.  The whole point of air drops and distributing free coins is to jump start the "network effect".  That point is moot after 6 months to a year of development.

The first chain is the currency the second  chain will be much more and the tokens are essentially fuel for the network.

Does this mean chain two will be share-dropped from the mining done in chain one? I hope that's what you mean be "premined". What would be the incentive to mine chain one after that happens though?

On a different note, the GUI wallet on Windows never worked, and it crashes after 10 seconds on Ubuntu 16.04. Works on 14.04 though. I hope there will be wallet recovery from the private key, QR code etc.

Overall, all of this is promising, but my main feedback would be to keep things simple, get a MVP out soon. You can work on more complex stuff like the medical records in future versions.
Project_Identity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 04:00:57 AM

Scrap this.  An entire year of mining amounts to about 3.18 million coins.  This "fair distribution fund" is never going to come close to 1 million coins.  100k coins in the first year is even an incredibly lofty goal.  Either way, by the time such a fund were to reach a significant amount, it will no longer be useful.  The whole point of air drops and distributing free coins is to jump start the "network effect".  That point is moot after 6 months to a year of development.

The first chain is the currency the second  chain will be much more and the tokens are essentially fuel for the network.

Does this mean chain two will be share-dropped from the mining done in chain one? I hope that's what you mean be "premined". What would be the incentive to mine chain one after that happens though?

On a different note, the GUI wallet on Windows never worked, and it crashes after 10 seconds on Ubuntu 16.04. Works on 14.04 though. I hope there will be wallet recovery from the private key, QR code etc.

Overall, all of this is promising, but my main feedback would be to keep things simple, get a MVP out soon. You can work on more complex stuff like the medical records in future versions.

That's exactly the plan.

Givin I have a chance from work and  family to sit down soon the new announcement page will have a timeline of what will be done. If you read the part that says sneak peek it implys just that. The full new page will have everything broken down into sections.

To give you a bit of information here is he basic summary.

First and foremost:

-Chain one

>improvements to upgrade current cryptonote standards
>finish block explorer
>update website, Global Blocks and pool pages.
>improve wallet and release working downloads.
>enhance terminal experience. E.g. make using simplewallet and running chain more unique
>add currency chain global ID which is basically an alias name you choose to use as your wallet address.
>create global verification for currency chain.
  Those last two are why I have not worried about the wallet yet. It has a lot to do with it. For now users can download Simple wallet for both 32 and 64 bit Linux and Windows. Doesn't monero still only have simple wallet?

However if you can manage to compile the wallet with given instructions to essentially test messenger or  kudos. :^)

My main mvp for now is global ID and verification.

I kind of like to out do myself and work meticulously on road map, new page and white paper

Also you can backup your wallets no problem.

Back to the timeline, meanwhile I will be working on the side creating the second chain, and all of the singularity updates. Including the top secret one. Which will be out long before the singularity.

I'm going to release each feature at a time. I'm not going to make you all wait for it to be done.

To answer your question about be two chains.

The currency is the "currency" you can mine and will always mine this until the day it maxes out.
The fuel for the network is the fuel for applications.

While you can trade ,pay ,buy fuel tokens. Only the tokens can be used to run nodes and applications per the singularity chain. These will be un minable .

I wanted to keep a simple efficient currency separate from the tokens to, keep it simple.

You will see why all this matters in time if you don't understand. Trust me

Smiley

kenscho

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:25:16 AM

That's exactly the plan.

Givin I have a chance from work and  family to sit down soon the new announcement page will have a timeline of what will be done. If you read the part that says sneak peek it implys just that. The full new page will have everything broken down into sections.

First and foremost:

-Chain one

>finish block explorer
>enhance terminal experience. E.g. make using simplewallet and running chain more unique
>add currency chain global ID which is basically an alias name you choose to use as your wallet address.
  Those last two are why I have not worried about the wallet yet. It has a lot to do with it. For now users can download Simple wallet for both 32 and 64 bit Linux and Windows. Doesn't monero still only have simple wallet?

However if you can manage to compile the wallet with given instructions to essentially test messenger or  kudos. :^)

I kind of like to out do myself and work meticulously on road map, new page and white paper

Back to the timeline, meanwhile I will be working on the side creating the second chain, and all of the singularity updates. Including the top secret one. Which will be out long before the singularity.

I'm going to release each feature at a time. I'm not going to make you all wait for it to be done.

The currency is the "currency" you can mine and will always mine this until the day it maxes out.

While you can trade ,pay ,buy fuel tokens. Only the tokens can be used to run nodes and applications per the singularity chain. These will be un minable .

I wanted to keep a simple efficient currency separate from the tokens to, keep it simple.

Smiley

can i only buy the second chain or can i earn this coins without mining?
will only the first chain be on exchanges or both chains? will both coins be on exchanges? how work both cains together?
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:53:33 AM

That's exactly the plan.

First and foremost:

-Chain one

>finish block explorer

Smiley

Thank you for the detailed response. I'm on board, for sure! Mining now, will have a node up for the second POS chain. Eager to see where this goes... Hope you get more devs to help you out, too.
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 01:47:24 PM

That's exactly the plan.

First and foremost:

-Chain one

>finish block explorer

Smiley

This creates more questions than answers, can you elaborate on how the two chains are related.

>I wanted to keep a simple efficient currency separate from the tokens to, keep it simple.

how does that work in favor of keeping it simple? it seems to add complexity and makes the mined coins somewhat of less value.

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 03:30:01 PM

This creates more questions than answers, can you elaborate on how the two chains are related.

>I wanted to keep a simple efficient currency separate from the tokens to, keep it simple.

how does that work in favor of keeping it simple? it seems to add complexity and makes the mined coins somewhat of less value.

Seems we are in perfect agreement again, TheStuhlman.

Yes, I can't see how multiple tokens are going to make things simpler.  I am also confused because the second POS chain is meant to be the fuel for apps.  What use do the tokens on the first chain have, and why would anyone want to mine, buy, or hold them?  The tokens on the second chain seem to be the only ones of value, and they are being airdropped for free.  The tokens on the first chain seem useless, yet you need to mine or purchase them.  Pretty warped incentive model that is going to lead to a weak and vulnerable PoW network.

Project_Identity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 05:17:26 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 06:02:23 PM by Project_Identity

Seems we are in perfect agreement again, TheStuhlman.

Yes, I can't see how multiple tokens are going to make things simpler.  I am also confused because the second POS chain is meant to be the fuel for apps.  What use do the tokens on the first chain have, and why would anyone want to mine, buy, or hold them?  The tokens on the second chain seem to be the only ones of value, and they are being airdropped for free.  The tokens on the first chain seem useless, yet you need to mine or purchase them.  Pretty warped incentive model that is going to lead to a weak and vulnerable PoW network.

ok I had a technical long explanation typed up but I erased it. We can save that for later.

This is why.

It's called options.

In business you have options to meet different demographics.

Do i want this simple coin?
Do i want this complicated coin?

Why would having both make one useless?

Has ether made btc useless or monero? Or the USD?

there will always be options. And fans of one or the other.

Me personally both.

Because the currency is for money.
The fuel tokens are for running applications.

I wouldn't buy a burger with gasoline and burn money for fuel.

Smiles

Edit: I'd like to add that in the markets this will make great market play for users and what Do you say of NXT and ARDOR ?
Project_Identity (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 01:01:09 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 02:16:01 AM by Project_Identity

To clear up something.

The singularity is a decentralized internet.

A web in between webs.

The currency is money used on the web.

Think of the singularity like the internet.
Think of the currency like bitcoin.

Now
Both play a valuable role and work in tandem.

One is minable
One is not

One is used as money
One is used as energy to develop,run and host applications.

Having options is good in business.

Having two markets is good for investors.

Note that the singularity isn't going to be happen over night.

For the time being the focus is on the currency.

The progress for the singularity will be done on the side until it is ready.

And above all trust me I've put alotnof thought into this:^)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: