Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover an address for a reinstalled only-watch Armory wallet?  (Read 487 times)
germanach (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:07:00 PM

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Armory 0.95.1-beta...
Operating System:: Debian Linux
System Hardware Specs: i5, 16 GB ram, 256 sdd

Description of Problem: I have created an offline armory wallet in a non Internet connected PC and I've exported it as a watch-only wallet to another online PC.
I have waited bitcoind to finish downloading the block chain.
Then i have pressed the Receive Bitcoins button 3 or 4 times and i have used the 4th address to send some decimal of bitcoins from SatoshiTango web site.
I didn't received them yet.
I did some backup and re-installed. I have Imported the watch-only online wallet again; but now i don't have the addresses. So, how do i get back that 4th address where i've send the bitcoins from Satoshi?
The wallet is again there, but not that address.
I have a screenshot of the wallet with the addresses, but i cannot load them by hand again.

Any Related Addresses: 1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR25
Any Related Transaction IDs: -
Screenshot of the problem: -
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: -
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 08:25:34 PM

Did SatoshiTango not send the Bitcoin, or did you just not see the transaction in your wallet? Can you look up the transaction on a block explorer?

So, how do i get back that 4th address where i've send the bitcoins from Satoshi?
Click the Receive Bitcoin button a few times again and you will see your addresses again.

germanach (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Did SatoshiTango not send the Bitcoin, or did you just not see the transaction in your wallet? Can you look up the transaction on a block explorer?

The address is this: 1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR25

SatoshiTango have send me a link to https://blockchain.info/address/1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR2S
and they claim that means they have send the BC.

But that bitcoins doesn't appears in Armory. Why?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 03:42:21 PM

The address is this: 1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR25

SatoshiTango have send me a link to https://blockchain.info/address/1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR2S
and they claim that means they have send the BC.

But that bitcoins doesn't appears in Armory. Why?
The Bitcoin has certainly been sent as that the transactions to that address have confirmed. Is your Armory fully up to sync? Is Bitcoin Core (which Armory depends on) fully synced? Do you see the address in question in your address list for your wallet?

germanach (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:09:36 PM

Yes. Armory has run bitcoind and downloaded about 120GB in .bitcoin directory. It has made some database creation and reordering and a parsing that has taken a lot of time. Then it sows me 0.0 bitcoins. The wallet sows me that address that i have used buying BC to SatoshiTango. It's in a watch only Armory wallet and the address is 1FwGnSsSGaDBfVFudeE58kBhyE5aBryR2S.

I guess that bitcoind gets all the chain. Then Armory extract and order the data in some database, after that it parse to get addresses that are in the wallets and calculate the amount of BC.

I don't know why it isn't finding that address in the chain. ¿?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 04:12:20 PM

Go to Help > Rescan Balances. That will rescan the blockchain for any transaction related to your addresses.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: