Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Rig Possible for Mining Litecoins?  (Read 456 times)
nastygirl (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

Which specs would you recommend for a good litecoin mining rig? My friend and I are investing i one, I used to be a gamer so I can build quite well. I see some older graphics cards are actually have higher hash rates than the newer cards (only nVidia's though).

Thank you for your help.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thebride

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

It seems that 7950 are the best ones. So I would recommend 4x7950 on (almost) any decent motherboard with 4-8GB ram and a couple of good power supplies.
nastygirl (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:38:29 PM

Cheers! I see 7970s are also good on the https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison. Are four graphics cards that necessary if I want to compromise some performance to get something cheaper. If I have say 2 7950s, how many litecoins will I make a day?
middlemarkal

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:43:03 PM

for 4 cards you will need risers  Grin

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
thebride

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:47:44 PM

7970 are way more expensive and IMHO don't provide the respective khash/s. Of course you will need 1x16x cables for the cards.
bitgolfer

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:13:09 PM

Agree that 7950 is the best choice now, as you can get it at around $280 after rebate, and may be able to sell the free bundled games for around $40 which bring the cost down even further.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:14:58 PM

Which specs would you recommend for a good litecoin mining rig? My friend and I are investing i one, I used to be a gamer so I can build quite well. I see some older graphics cards are actually have higher hash rates than the newer cards (only nVidia's though).

Thank you for your help.

You want the best possible rig in hashing power or price per hash?

If you want to get the most out of your money, I think you should get a cheap used computer* with some PCIE slots, and some used cards with good mining power. Then you need some risers to get them spaced and away from eachother/MB

*You really just need a MB with CPU/RAM/PSU and an old HD/USB-stick to get started. Maybee some of your gaming buddies have cards lying around that they would like to sell at a good price as they would otherwise just collect dust.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: