Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: With all the rampant hacking of major retailers...  (Read 394 times)
pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

Why don't these companies push for the use of BTC as it would nullify the issue? Isn't paying w/BTC the perfect way to keep your identity info off those servers? Kinda thought it's an obvious solution to the problem...
 Unless, of course, they're not particularly worried about it? Case in point: My pops was working with the credit card companies and when he pitched the idea of using dna to verify cardholders true identity. Ultimately it was dismissed because apparently they make a WHOLE lot more by simply paying out claims all the while charging customers the $10/month for "identity protection". What a racket! Guess I'm asking if anyone here has any ideas about what kind of nefarious schemes might be getting in the way of such a simple plan. Just curious, thanks.
 So much potential, So much resistance to fight the future...akin to the abolition of hemp to protect a lumber industry. Set the entire world back decades of potential research of a wonder medicine.
 Okay guys, I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:51:47 AM

Why don't these companies push for the use of BTC as it would nullify the issue? Isn't paying w/BTC the perfect way to keep your identity info off those servers? Kinda thought it's an obvious solution to the problem...
 Unless, of course, they're not particularly worried about it? Case in point: My pops was working with the credit card companies and when he pitched the idea of using dna to verify cardholders true identity. Ultimately it was dismissed because apparently they make a WHOLE lot more by simply paying out claims all the while charging customers the $10/month for "identity protection". What a racket! Guess I'm asking if anyone here has any ideas about what kind of nefarious schemes might be getting in the way of such a simple plan. Just curious, thanks.
 So much potential, So much resistance to fight the future...akin to the abolition of hemp to protect a lumber industry. Set the entire world back decades of potential research of a wonder medicine.
 Okay guys, I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening  Grin
Those companies really dont push the use of BTC just because if people discovered bitcoin, They think they would lose income I think that's what they are thinking. After all bitcoin has cheaper fees and also offers more anonymity and offers safety better and maybe they just don't trust it yet. It would take time before companies trust bitcoin and start using it.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:54:07 PM

but using bitcoin is not going to make them safe against getting hacked, theft, etc. there is always a way for thieves to get in. it is correct that bitcoin is secure and not hack-able but the wallet that these people use is hackable either because of bad security measures or employee mistakes.

and besides these don't adopt bitcoin because their users either don't want bitcoin or they want it but they never tell the retailers that! and these retailers aren't mind readers Smiley

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:03:05 PM

Bitcoin can't scale yet.  If a major retailer tried to push adoption it would create multiday transaction confirmation times.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: