Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BULLS ON PARADE...but...  (Read 642 times)
pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:54:41 AM

Not to sound negative, but, what's the current consensus as to why we've still never been made aware of who really published the white paper?
 My guess: Every president since they took us off the gold standard has known that it was an unsustainable model and have been just waiting for an opportunity to rehash the entire system. I think the powers that be have a stake in the birth of this new crypto world. I always thought there would be a concerted effort to crush anything that threatened the USD... (not that it really does at this, still very early stage in the life of crypto) But alas, it certainly appears that, aside from a few hiccups (recent SEC decision, for example) at least in ther states, there hasn't really been any serious resistance. Again, just my opinion, but it sure feels like a good thing...thoughts?...anyone?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:54:15 AM

Think about Bitcoin and the impact it has had thus far.
Satoshi alone holds a few thousand BTC which at today's value is worth a very pretty penny. I'm sure everyone with that wealth would want fewer people to know about it so as to not make themselves a target.
That could be one possibility.
As per the thread sub, it's all speculation but giving it some anonymity definitely adds to what Bitcoin is.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

Right now, it does not matter who wrote the white paper.
The animal has taken a life of its own, and it can't be controlled now. So it doesn't matter if the governments had a hand in it. They might be able to influence the price with the stash of initially mined bitcoins, but even that will pass.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:53:19 AM

Not to sound negative, but, what's the current consensus as to why we've still never been made aware of who really published the white paper?
 My guess: Every president since they took us off the gold standard has known that it was an unsustainable model and have been just waiting for an opportunity to rehash the entire system. I think the powers that be have a stake in the birth of this new crypto world. I always thought there would be a concerted effort to crush anything that threatened the USD... (not that it really does at this, still very early stage in the life of crypto) But alas, it certainly appears that, aside from a few hiccups (recent SEC decision, for example) at least in ther states, there hasn't really been any serious resistance. Again, just my opinion, but it sure feels like a good thing...thoughts?...anyone?

Most of the governments are dumb as fuck! But they have a shitload of advisors from all kinds of sectors.And the ones from financial sector of course know what's goin on. But they would never ever try to erase themselves! Bitcoin is very disruptive and you think it was their idea/creation? The idea of the elite to create a threat to their own financial wealth system which allows them to rule us all?
Man your tinfoil hat must be huge! Cheesy
pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:29:40 PM

Most of the governments are dumb as fuck! But they have a shitload of advisors from all kinds of sectors.And the ones from financial sector of course know what's goin on. But they would never ever try to erase themselves! Bitcoin is very disruptive and you think it was their idea/creation? The idea of the elite to create a threat to their own financial wealth system which allows them to rule us all?
Man your tinfoil hat must be huge! Cheesy

Never said they created it. Only that they made sure to have a vested interest. Geez.
  I enjoy a healthy debate, but, tinfoil hat? Yeah...your insight is spot on.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: