Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Mining with what you have to get coins you want!
Genius! - 2 (50%)
Yawn! - 0 (0%)
Silly! - 1 (25%)
No Clue! - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Using my KNC Titans pow scrypt miners to mine NOT scrypt-But DASH/X11/etc  (Read 437 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:13:10 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 01:36:28 PM by Searing

I've hit my mark with 100 btc and roi'd and only have time/hobby/labor in such

as such I'm (for the time being) mining other coins with my LTC titan miners in the following manner

in that they only seem to like www.litecoinpool.org free pool that pays out at 103%.....and I've been using www.shapeshift.io at 1.48% fee to move LTC to BTC
I've just started to do the same with DASH

I mine for a bit at 103% on litecoinpool....then www.shapeshift.io from LTC to Dash....and still (with ltc difficulty and titans that hate prohash etc) get 101.5% after all is said and done on the Dash xfer)

why buy a new cow when I can milk this one......even if I could run on prohash ...I'd pay 5% fee I think it is...they say to expect a 3% error rate ...and I'd lose the 3% free over 100% on free litecoinpool

and titans just hate fast switch coins (or at least I don't have the skills)

only problem with my plan was I should have done this 3 months ago with dash at 11 bucks not 72 bucks...well that was silly Sad

oh well ....got the 100 btc out of these...i expect only 3-9btc I get out of these puppies till end of life I am gonna speculate some with.....

DASH/other X11 coins etc/whatever moves my fancy

hope I get lucky

.what the heck......if BTC pumps someday to 3000 usd per....btc.....I am not gonna sweat what I mine over that 100 btc amount ...such as it may be till titans are doorstops
...again probably 6-9 btc say...and in the great scheme of
BTC I have it don't really matter if that amount all goes poof in this alt experiment.....as long as I keep the hoard of 100 btc intact...

time to have a bit of 'newbie' fun again with some other coins.....it is time again like 2013 when I was a newbie for a completely stupid/senseless and futile gesture on my part! (bored I am) Smiley

anyone else been doing something like this?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipxtreme

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:42:57 PM

Hi Searing, Im behind you in mining. I have had my Titan's in the box since I got them since mining would not have paid for the electrical cost. Now I pulled them out of the box and want to get started. Better late than never I think. My question to you is what algorithm is best to mine with these things? Also what coins are oyu mining now with them and on what pool?

Thx
Ipxtreme

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:38:54 AM

I sent my Titans to Giga Watt for hosting, they have great maintenence keeping them running and litecoinpool is THE pool they offer for litecoin mining so cheap electric and staff on site to do any repairs. You might want to look into that before making them doorstops, if you do the ICO they have going now it's 3.3cents a kwh so they'll have a lot of life left in them especially if prices keep rising.
Dash on the other hand seems over priced. I'd go with ethereum classic. Whatever coin you choose changelly has lower fees than shapeshift and works the exact same way. Happy mining congrats on the 100BTC mark I was selling as I was mining so I didn't do nearly as well  Undecided

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:42:20 AM

Hi Searing, Im behind you in mining. I have had my Titan's in the box since I got them since mining would not have paid for the electrical cost. Now I pulled them out of the box and want to get started. Better late than never I think. My question to you is what algorithm is best to mine with these things? Also what coins are oyu mining now with them and on what pool?

Thx
Ipxtreme
They only mine scrypt. But you can mine scrypt coins and buy other coins if you want. Since you are new to mining and the Titan can be tricky at times I'd suggest looking into Giga Watt for hosting, they do free setup and very reasonable maintenance hosting fees. I have a link to their ICO in my sig but you don't have to wait for the ICO to get them hosted, and there are other reliable hosting companies out there. I'm just thinking if you didn't even know what algo they mine it's probably not the best miner for you to start with as they can be a pain in the ass when they want to. If you are going to host them yourself I'd suggest getting someone who knows mining to help out. Good luck.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: