Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:18:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Avalon Batch #3 91xx + 93xx  (Read 8068 times)
slakeco

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:03:57 PM

I do believe "Scammer" tag is in order here.  Undecided

Yes, please! This really put a sour taste in my mouth for BCT's auctions. I think based on the OP and the auction end time, I should have won both units. Perhaps, I was some grief in the end, by not having my bid honored...
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

I do believe "Scammer" tag is in order here.  Undecided

Yes, please! This really put a sour taste in my mouth for BCT's auctions. I think based on the OP and the auction end time, I should have won both units. Perhaps, I was some grief in the end, by not having my bid honored...

Yes, I think this is not the first time OP does  this - correct?

jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:08:13 AM

how do i locate a scammer tag?
cycloid

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:11:33 AM

how do i locate a scammer tag?

it would be added next to their user name for everyone to see.

jordaninthesky

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:35:42 AM

Cool.  Really?
jordaninthesky

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:36:23 AM

Is there a common path where I can prove my own legitimacy?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:39:58 AM

Second the tag request.

I've had a bad experience of this nature myself when trying to bid on an auction here, only to have the item sold out from under me by some PM offer:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181129.msg1891324#msg1891324

If nothing is done when this happens, it diminishes the value of having auctions on the forums.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
jordaninthesky

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:55:09 AM

I'm a bit new here, so my posts don't show myself to be dedicated.  But I am dedicated in how I handle affairs and have plenty of references as well as a willingness to meet any "wierdo" from the internet.  Scammers are few and far apart but have a way of being noticed.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:19:09 AM

A scammer tag for not selling it item in auction, instead selling it to highest payer ? LOL

1. Don't dilute the tag. There are bigger criminals around here who have more legitimate right to that tag.
2. Welcome to real world. Things get sold for highest price, and buyer chooses what to buy - that's about it. Don't like it ? Better luck next time. Really really want it ? Trump the offer. I see that tempt already said he will honor over 96 btc, right ? Go for it.

No one is going to take a loss for "honoring the code" in an internet forum where greed and lie galore.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:24:04 AM

A scammer tag for not selling it item in auction, instead selling it to highest payer ? LOL

1. Don't dilute the tag. There are bigger criminals around here who have more legitimate right to that tag.
2. Welcome to real world. Things get sold for highest price, and buyer chooses what to buy - that's about it. Don't like it ? Better luck next time. Really really want it ? Trump the offer. I see that tempt already said he will honor over 96 btc, right ? Go for it.

No one is going to take a loss for "honoring the code" in an internet forum where greed and lie galore.

And why are you sure that there is such an offer via pm and its no shill bidding? Or that the seller doesnt think the price is too low to sell it for this price now?
Anyway... the playingfield was set beforehand. This forum is made to not be able to scam by not being allowed to edit posts with bids. Bidding via pm is undergoing this. And its unfair to other bidders that doesnt even know that there was such offer or if there is such offer in reality.
Im not sure about the scammer tag because no one said before that handling it this way will be a scam. But there should be a rule that this isnt allowed and bids via pm are worthless.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:39:30 AM

And why are you sure that there is such an offer via pm and its no shill bidding? Or that the seller doesnt think the price is too low to sell it for this price now?
Anyway... the playingfield was set beforehand. This forum is made to not be able to scam by not being allowed to edit posts with bids. Bidding via pm is undergoing this. And its unfair to other bidders that doesnt even know that there was such offer or if there is such offer in reality.
Im not sure about the scammer tag because no one said before that handling it this way will be a scam. But there should be a rule that this isnt allowed and bids via pm are worthless.

Yeah, but what happens when an auctioneer does not honor the winner, like in this case? And what a bidder refuses to pay? Maybe a scammer tag is not appropriate, but a blacklist to the auction subforum should be enforced IMO

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Yeah, but what happens when an auctioneer does not honor the winner, like in this case? And what a bidder refuses to pay? Maybe a scammer tag is not appropriate, but a blacklist to the auction subforum should be enforced IMO

What i dont like in this subforum is that there is no stickythread at all that would give some security to bidders and auctioners. Some basic rules that have to be followed.
Something like that should be created.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:29:26 AM

What i dont like in this subforum is that there is no stickythread at all that would give some security to bidders and auctioners. Some basic rules that have to be followed.

That is hard to do, and such rule set should also include what is legitimate auction item, and what is not allowed - like auctioning volatile items (read cryptocurrencies).
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:06:23 PM

That is hard to do, and such rule set should also include what is legitimate auction item, and what is not allowed - like auctioning volatile items (read cryptocurrencies).

Why is this hard to do?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: