Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero now #4 Coinmarketcap (jumped Litecoin and Ripple)  (Read 783 times)
AusKipper (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 01:05:57 AM

Just an observation I made just now, that put a smile on my face.

I know not everyone is a Monero fan like me, and as its only "just" above Ripple I dont know if it will stay at #4 for long, but I would like it to.

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 02:14:26 AM

I'm glad. Not a fan of ICO coins being in the top 5
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:51:01 AM

I was just seeing this too.
Seems ETH, Monero and yeah Dash are rising up like crazy lately.
LTC hasn't budged.. which is not bad.. shows it's stable.
I also think Litecoin will beat Ripple at some point (Ripple is garbage)

1    Bitcoin $19,858,529,125    $1224.89    16,212,500 BTC    $231,317,000    3.85%    
2    Ethereum $2,227,716,644    $24.83    89,701,413 ETH    $87,134,300    14.15%    
3    Dash $561,547,788    $78.41    7,161,257 DASH    $42,703,300    12.79%    
4    Monero $243,542,132    $17.27    14,104,158 XMR    $18,126,100    15.74%    
5    Ripple $234,640,916    $0.006292    37,290,640,853 XRP *    $1,521,180    1.54%    
6    Litecoin $192,755,666    $3.84    50,160,082 LTC    $2,824,910    1.27%

http://coinmarketcap.com/

So ETF failed and this has created a renewed interest in ALT's ?
Ripple and Ethereum have no place being in the top10.. they are ICO bullshit basically.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:12:15 AM

I know not everyone is a Monero fan like me, and as its only "just" above Ripple I dont know if it will stay at #4 for long, but I would like it to.
I guess monero will stay in position # 4 and according to my instinct monero will climb up to position # 2.

I am also a fan of monero, I am interested in monero because coins monero very nice for trade
AusKipper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:21:26 AM

I guess monero will stay in position # 4 and according to my instinct monero will climb up to position # 2.

I am also a fan of monero, I am interested in monero because coins monero very nice for trade

I dont think Monero will overtake Dash anytime soon (within the next 2 years).

Dash has more funds for marketing, more marketing = more awareness, more awareness = higher market cap, higher market cap = even more funds for marketing (due to their 10% treasury thing)

Dash is a lot further along with its Gui's etc.

I prefer the fundamentals of Monero, but, I dont think fundamentals alone will cut it for now.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:26:01 AM

year is year is likely going to be the year for anonymous tokens, and i believe Monero will soon reach parity with Dash in price. Ripple  is not suppose to be in top 20, I don't know what justified its position in top five

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:46:10 AM

although i dislike using marketcap as a method of comparing altcoins but in this particular case i am glad that we can finally see a good coin such as Monero rising and starting to take back its place among other coins. it really deserves to be up there among coins like Litecoin but sadly coins such as ethereum with all their total supply manipulations have taken its place.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:12:33 AM

Well I saw that monero has the potential to make it to the top but not can replace bitcoin as whole. Probably this is the reason that people did panic selling of bitcoins jumped over and buy with monero. So when bitcoin is on fall down they took the chance and did invested to monero. Well this is just a guess of mine.

AusKipper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:29:07 AM

Ripple  is not suppose to be in top 20, I don't know what justified its position in top five

I don't know if you watch a youtube channel called "BitcoinMeister" but every time he says "Ripple" he does this big rolleyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  thing that I always find amusing.

I dont know much about Ripple but I know enough to know that the way its coin supply works i'm not interested in it.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 12:23:09 PM

I dont think Monero will overtake Dash anytime soon (within the next 2 years).

Dash has more funds for marketing, more marketing = more awareness, more awareness = higher market cap, higher market cap = even more funds for marketing (due to their 10% treasury thing)

Dash is a lot further along with its Gui's etc.

I prefer the fundamentals of Monero, but, I dont think fundamentals alone will cut it for now.

I fully agree with you.  Monero is still too far ahead of its time.  The old, clunky bitcoin is only now hitting some silly problems it had backed in since long ago: total lack of privacy, total lack of fungibility, slow blocks, and, of course, the biggest blunder ever: 1MB blocks.  That said, given its first mover advantage, it can become a reserve currency, where the technology doesn't matter much, and transactions do not need to be swift.

When you look at the clunkiness of bitcoin, DASH is a big improvement (technically).  DASH is about the best you can do with bitcoin's technology.   At least there are some relatively weak measures of privacy (still the best you can do with bitcoin-style crypto).  There is this fast mem pool thing.  And I think the thing that is the best side of DASH, is its centralized nature, so that problems, if they occur, can be solved by a decision of the Boss, while keeping people thinking it is "consensus".

However, sooner or later, DASH, being "bitcoin on nitro", will run into a wall too.  Only at that point, monero tech will start to be fully appreciated. 
AusKipper (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:40:20 PM

However, sooner or later, DASH, being "bitcoin on nitro", will run into a wall too.  Only at that point, monero tech will start to be fully appreciated. 

Personally I think if Monero overtakes Dash it will be more likely because of panic dumping that happens very quickly than a gradual technology "run into wall" slower failure.

The start of the panic dump could be some kind of news article that shows Dash's flaws, some kind of private send privacy breach, or a master-node dump.

Of course it could be a slow grind, or maybe Monero will die before Dash, my crystal ball is often on the fritz (I brought Slater and Gordon shares after all....)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: