Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest best Airflow design  (Read 514 times)
bughatti (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:57:33 AM

So I have settled on a design for my rigs and started to build a small piece of it.  I am limited on space and amps(growth).  Reading the forums I know alot of home users will use their garage for an open air flow design but I dont think they have kids lol.  My kids are always playing and I am always cleaning dust, dirt and spiders out of my garage.  I have a small room in my basement that I built as a bedroom years ago when I decided to finish my unfinished basement.  The room is roughly 12 x 12 with the added benefit of a storm window that is roughly 22 in wide x 48 in tall.  

With what I have now I tried to build out a box type setup with foam board surrounding the rack but the 2 window fans I have only do 400CFM max each and it just wasn't enough.  I just ordered a 2400 CFM fan on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AGZUMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which should fit my 22in window with minimal cutting on the fan unit.  The idea I have now is to mirror the rack on the left with another on the right.  I will have the middle shelf and the bottom shelf on both sides will 4 rigs each.  Once done this should give me a total of 16 rigs with 220 that should roughly pull 96 amps from my 200 amp breaker box.  Just need to make sure I don't turn on the Stove, dryer and ac at the same time lol.  Its really pushing it so I might not build 16 rigs to be cautious but we will see.  The idea I have now is to install 2 x 2400 cfm fans in the storm window and have 4 box fans on each shelf forcing air to the middle isle.  Then I can build out a box type foam board setup around both racks and have a door to the middle isle with 3 fans on it pushing air to the storm window.  This is the only way I can see building a cold/hot isle system with the room I have to work with.

Would love some thoughts and suggestions!

Happy mining all!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:53:04 AM

Respect Man, respect. Love your current setup.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

coinbeast

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 12:27:48 PM

I understand your pain. I had the same problem mining bitcoin. I ended up making a large enclosure to house all of my miners. I then put the A/C I wanted to use in my boys room and cut out a 200 square inch by 6 inch deep piece of evaporative cooling panel and used my antminer s9's strong fans to pull air out of the enclosure. I tell no lie, I swear. We recently had 2 115 degree days and my miners where around 194. Where I live has very low humidity in summer and the only things I have had trouble with are the stupid bitmain 1600w PSU's which are just plain dumb and don't last 12 months.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: