Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OKAY TIME TO SET EVERYONE STRAIGHT  (Read 5244 times)
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:40:59 PM

The only reason bit coins are going up is because of SILKROAD PERIOD! Tens of thousands of dollars are bought everyday throughout the world everyday. If the speculators dropped out the price would continue to rise forever because all the druggies want to do is convert fiat to btc get their drugs and be done. But seeing there are a bunch of big time speculators manipulating the price, they will just keep taking all the drug money that continuously pours in to market. Up and down up and down. There is no chart or analysis STOP!

Here we go again. Mr junior member #283748373 making claims on things he doesn't understand. Lol so fucking fail.

Eh.  Everybody has to make a living, smoothie.

Read his posts again - probably never smoked any weed in his life.  Just another sock puppet for some faction that wants bitcoin to fail.

Just like 90% of the noob bears who post their SELL SELL SELL bullshit.  Same thing, except they're probably paid for by whoever is DDoSing Gox.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meangreen (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:47:39 PM

I don't think $15-$20 million a month in commerce is small change. But compared to the people buying and holding now, yes...it is a smaller chunk then what it used to be.

I would be extremely surprised if there is anything close to Silkroad in terms of REAL TRADE volume.

When we talk about fundamentals, there it is right there, people around the world who are spending millions to trade in Bitcoin for real goods. This is what everyone wants to see, more and more real trade volume because ultimately that is a positive thing for Bitcoin and the market.

I know it's not nice to hear, but to say that SR is a tiny portion of the market is just plain stupid. It IS a large portion of the market.

Ok so maybe the last month is a bit different but only because we have thousands of new speculators, which as we can see are no good for any market. Less Speculators MORE Traders. (Even if it is drugs)

+1 hit the nail right on the head Grin
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:08:48 PM

The only reason bit coins are going up is because of SILKROAD PERIOD! Tens of thousands of dollars are bought everyday throughout the world everyday. If the speculators dropped out the price would continue to rise forever because all the druggies want to do is convert fiat to btc get their drugs and be done. But seeing there are a bunch of big time speculators manipulating the price, they will just keep taking all the drug money that continuously pours in to market. Up and down up and down. There is no chart or analysis STOP!

Here we go again. Mr junior member #283748373 making claims on things he doesn't understand. Lol so fucking fail.

Eh.  Everybody has to make a living, smoothie.

Read his posts again - probably never smoked any weed in his life.  Just another sock puppet for some faction that wants bitcoin to fail.

Just like 90% of the noob bears who post their SELL SELL SELL bullshit.  Same thing, except they're probably paid for by whoever is DDoSing Gox.
You have everything wrong. First off I am not a bear and I am not a bull. I have not traded but I have bought them. Secondly go look at all my past posts. You will not find one that says buy or sell. If anything, wht I have said was that unless you are holders for the long term and got in real early I would  hold. But for everyone who is looking to get in right now, I think it is a bad time. You have several big fish manipulating the market and shady operations that come and go. Thats as far as I look at it. My point is to call it like it is, right now the silkroad is carrying bitcoin.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:19:28 PM

All caps title plus definitive wording with no stats or well thought out theory to underpin his premise ... that means this has to be true, right?

Really though weren't people saying the same thing months ago, then Silk Road went down for like a week and the price never noticed it at all?  Could be mistaken but I thought it was pretty clear then that Silk Road being unavailable had virtually no impact on price.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

All caps title plus definitive wording with no stats or well thought out theory to underpin his premise ... that means this has to be true, right?

Really though weren't people saying the same thing months ago, then Silk Road went down for like a week and the price never noticed it at all?  Could be mistaken but I thought it was pretty clear then that Silk Road being unavailable had virtually no impact on price.

Don't worry, this is about the 6th time he's been thoroughly refuted, yet he will still keep repeating "Silk road carries the BTC price" until he falls asleep in a THC-addled haze.
BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:26:49 PM

...right now the silkroad is carrying bitcoin.

Your ignorance is indescribable.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:29:32 PM

let me ask you the same question a different way :why didnt it go up $100 that week the silkroad was down? ill answer both for you no buyers, not many sellers no volume.
amencon

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

Don't worry, this is about the 6th time he's been thoroughly refuted, yet he will still keep repeating "Silk road carries the BTC price" until he falls asleep in a THC-addled haze.

Sounds about right. 

Though I am willing to entertain the notion that Silk Road is "carrying" Bitcoin if they had something more than just their say so.  I don't believe it to be the case but it's more believable than some other whacked out theories people have out there.  Probably why it still hasn't died despite no evidence of tight correlation ever being presented to my knowledge.
amencon

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

let me ask you the same question a different way :why didnt it go up $100 that week the silkroad was down? ill answer both for you no buyers, not many sellers no volume.

Huh?

I'm saying it appeared that the actions on Silk Road had no effect.  I assume it didn't go up $100 because the actions on Silk Road had no effect..
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

...right now the silkroad is carrying bitcoin.

Your ignorance is indescribable.

name me another business that is larger than the silkroad and ONLY uses bitcoin
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:37:44 PM

yes and no.

silk road- is helping bitcoin immensely, helped lift btc out of the unknown, without it we would be at .20Cents

gambling- there are some addicted mother fuckers out there who can not for the life of them quit this addiction and if they can do it legally at home form there computer. well then ya it plays a huge part of it as well

speculation- your telling me that a few hudred thousand people find out that this " the bit coin" thing just made like 2000% profit and made a lot of people rich. ya there buying in.

china- huge market for gambling and a lot of people = rise in bitcoin price.

druggies still gunna use and if you got the money you can have all you want = rise in bitcoins

getting rich- the world but Americans and capitalist societies especially are gunna always want more, MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE RICH BETTER FAST STRONGER NEWER MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! its all they care about and if  you have the chance to make it with BTC then so be it.

the idealist are holding and ya they make a diff but not as much as the top three. if a buisness like money gram or another out side major player like amazon or another on-line retailer said yes to this in a year then we have several factores that would support btc. until then these 3
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

In March BitPay had over $5 million in sales go through the site. Silk Road had around $2 million.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:09:27 AM

In March BitPay had over $5 million in sales go through the site. Silk Road had around $2 million.

How many times can we school him before he gets it through his head? Grin Grin Grin
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:12:41 AM

How many times can we school him before he gets it through his head? Grin Grin Grin

everything you read on the internet is the gospel truth and you are right. i am defeated you win. just like how bitfloor obeys federal laws like a bank ashley. stupid c
e4xit

Activity: 302

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

How can you be so retired meangreen?  Tongue

If you believe that your arguement is true, then simply provide your evidence (in the form of some data preferably, rather than an OPINION) which will support your claim. This is all that is being asked of you by the other members.

You surely can't be surprised that everyone doesn't simply take your opinion at face value, when it is completely unsubstantiated; especially when it is a claim that has been discussed many times before, both here and on other places on the internet (and proved to be largely incorrect).

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:24:55 PM

everything you read on the internet is the gospel truth and you are right. i am defeated you win. just like how bitfloor obeys federal laws like a bank ashley. stupid c

I know you are but what am I? If you're so convinced that what Elwar said was a lie, go look up the stats yourself and prove him wrong. I dare you. 

You know what? I triple dog dare you. Grin Grin You can't complain about people taking data at face value when you expect people to take your opinion at face value which you haven't actually backed up with any hard data or facts...

By the way, I'm not sure how the BF exchange has anything to do with Silk Road's effect on bitcoin price... but FYI, banks do not follow federal laws. I am surprised that you made such an assertion. For someone who's obviously so well educated and knowledgeable about economics and finance, I'd think you'd realize that banks have been tied to everything from money laundering to LIBOR manipulation to naked shorts for the past god-knows-how-many years. Banks do not follow federal laws, period, end of story. Get a clue. Grin
Catacombkid

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:08:26 PM

Federal banking systems are unconstitutional in the United States. But hey the fed does whatever the lichtenstein holders want.
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:14:24 PM

OP, [b]you're fucking wacked dude[/b]! I think you been spending too many coins on SR. SR is nothing in the bitcoin world. At the old idea of them doing 22 mill a year, its  like a small drop in the bucket for BTC. Even if they grew 5 fold since that article its still a drop in the bucket. MtFux does 300 Mill a month in trades. GET THE PICTURE?

Stop doing drugs and get a clue OP. SR is petty to BTC, if it got shut down tomorrow, my guess is that BTC would move only slightly, and probably move up as more people would back BTC if it was used less to buy drugs and guns!!!
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:22:26 PM

I know you are but what am I? If you're so convinced that what Elwar said was a lie, go look up the stats yourself and prove him wrong. I dare you. 

You know what? I triple dog dare you. Grin Grin You can't complain about people taking data at face value when you expect people to take your opinion at face value which you haven't actually backed up with any hard data or facts...

By the way, I'm not sure how the BF exchange has anything to do with Silk Road's effect on bitcoin price... but FYI, banks do not follow federal laws. I am surprised that you made such an assertion. For someone who's obviously so well educated and knowledgeable about economics and finance, I'd think you'd realize that banks have been tied to everything from money laundering to LIBOR manipulation to naked shorts for the past god-knows-how-many years. Banks do not follow federal laws, period, end of story. Get a clue. Grin

For comparison, BitPay processed $170,000 in May and hit a record of $250,000 in one day with Butterfly’s ASIC launch. BitInstant transferred $1.1 million in April, and MtGox had a trading volume of $18 million these last 30 days, although the latter figure is hardly comparable to the others because the vast majority of Bitcoin exchange trading volume is a result of arbitrage and speculation. Silk Road’s revenue compares even better: while BitPay’s commission of 0.99% brought in $1,700 and BitInstant’s 0-5%, at most $60,000, Silk Road’s average commission of 7.4% nets the site over $180,000 USD per month, exceeding even the $45,000 to $108,000 earned by MtGox.

this is from last year. BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meangreen (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:33:10 PM

OP, [b]you're fucking wacked dude[/b]! I think you been spending too many coins on SR. SR is nothing in the bitcoin world. At the old idea of them doing 22 mill a year, its  like a small drop in the bucket for BTC. Even if they grew 5 fold since that article its still a drop in the bucket. MtFux does 300 Mill a month in trades. GET THE PICTURE?

Stop doing drugs and get a clue OP. SR is petty to BTC, if it got shut down tomorrow, my guess is that BTC would move only slightly, and probably move up as more people would back BTC if it was used less to buy drugs and guns!!!

your a DICKHEAD! I showed that silkroad makes more than bitpay. which is what it was posted for. i dont give a shit about gox numbers. thats like saying the nasdaq is making more than walmart two different animals.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: