Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've upgraded to 0.14.0  (Read 483 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 09:29:26 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I was two days behind with my blockchain, and I've just brought it up to date. I'm using the McDonalds free WiFi, and this usually runs at about 30Kb/s. I watched the histogram for this latest version, and it has a completely different profile. It seems to vary between over 4000Kb/s and nothing. It isn't really a problem, as the update took less time than the previous version. My concern is that the intensive use of the WiFi may cause it to be shut off by the provider. Is it worth looking for a way to throttle it back, or should I just enjoy the faster update until there is a complaint?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 01:21:32 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

There have been significant performance upgrades so it will appear to run faster but not use more bandwidth.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 01:56:55 PM

There have been significant performance upgrades so it will appear to run faster but not use more bandwidth.

Thanks for that, and the overall effect seems to be a faster conclusion, and that is probably good for most users. I appreciate that mine is an unusual situation, and my concern is for the apparent bunching of the bandwidth use. I hope that it will not lead to public providers closing Bitcoin ports, and forcing us to use web wallets. Several providers already close the ports in England - public libraries and Sainsburys supermarkets are just two of them.

I've upgradedd the Windows 10 machine. I'll upgrade the Ubuntu machine and see if I get the same results.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: