Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AntPool - switch to Bitcoin Unlimited  (Read 3572 times)
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:26:14 PM

What are the chances they (BU) actually get to the 60%-70% that's required to activate?

Yes, Antpool is a huge player in the game. Outside of them though, I don't see many big names supporting Unlimited. Miners, exchanges, nodes,..really anyone outside of a selectly small group of people.

it's 75% i think, and no other pool is viewwing bitcoin unlimited as a right choice, so chance are very slim man, but what will happen if bitcoin unlimited will be successful is what matter, i hope they don't screw bitcoin with this mess they are doing

mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:29:18 AM

i think it is a matter of time until other huge miner will switch to BU
matt11235

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:59:58 PM

I propose a new Bitcoin fork, BitcoinInfinite. It expands on the excellent work of the BitcoinUnlimited developers.

• No block size limits. Miners always know what's best.
  • No block reward limit. Miners know what's best, so we should let them choose how much they reward themselves when they find a block. Don't let the Blockstream Core developers chain you down!
  • No difficulty retargets. The 10 minute block time imposed on us by the awful Blockstream Core developers are stupid, let the miners choose.

I am looking for developers to assist me with the development of BitcoinInfinite. Please PM me if you are able to code, it would be great if you knew how to add assertions triggered by untrusted remote inputs.

#MakeBitcoinInfiniteAgain, this is what Satoshi would have wanted!
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 02:29:06 PM

I propose a new Bitcoin fork, BitcoinInfinite. It expands on the excellent work of the BitcoinUnlimited developers.

• No block reward limit. Miners know what's best, so we should let them choose how much they reward themselves when they find a block. Don't let the Blockstream Core developers chain you down!
  • No difficulty retargets. The 10 minute block time imposed on us by the awful Blockstream Core developers are stupid, let the miners choose.

I am looking for developers to assist me with the development of BitcoinInfinite. Please PM me if you are able to code, it would be great if you knew how to add assertions triggered by untrusted remote inputs.

Don't use /dev/random for your seeds - you can run out of entropy !!!!

Use /dev/null instead.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:39:05 PM

This won't change much, they need 70%,  which means they still have a long way to go and in the meantime another better solution may be proposed.
Don't forget there's still a strong opposition to BU. One thing is certain, if the fork happens you will all be able to get some cheap coins, because the price will take a huge hit.

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:47:46 PM

This won't change much, they need 70%,  which means they still have a long way to go and in the meantime another better solution may be proposed.
Don't forget there's still a strong opposition to BU. One thing is certain, if the fork happens you will all be able to get some cheap coins, because the price will take a huge hit.

Indeed it is still a long way to go, but a lot could still happen and there might be a chance that the next biggest mining pool joins the band wagon and we all end up with that hard fork. Prices will really go down, but yeah the plus side is that you get to buy cheap coins, so everybody keep your wallets ready!
matt11235

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

Don't use /dev/random for your seeds - you can run out of entropy !!!!

Use /dev/null instead.
Thank you for the suggestion. Would you like to be the chief scientist at the BitcoinInfinite Foundation?
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

AntPool, the biggest BTC miner switch their Entire Pool to Bitcoin Unlimited Smiley

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-13/bitcoin-miners-signal-revolt-in-push-to-fix-sluggish-blockchain

well, what's next?  Huh Roll Eyes Lips sealed

It appears that others are starting to move on the direction that they see fit with the current situation of Bitcoin now. Whether it'd be SegWit or BU, one thing is sure to happen and we should be prepared for it. Price of BTC will get hit by these changes and would drop into a 700-900 dollars zone. That's a conservative prediction and depends on the acceptance of the people. At least, someone's breaking the status quo that we have right now. We should move forward and tackle this problem head on if we wanted our beloved Bitcoin to survive.
shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:43:59 PM

AntPool, the biggest BTC miner switch their Entire Pool to Bitcoin Unlimited Smiley

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-13/bitcoin-miners-signal-revolt-in-push-to-fix-sluggish-blockchain

It appears that others are starting to move on the direction that they see fit with the current situation of Bitcoin now. Whether it'd be SegWit or BU, one thing is sure to happen and we should be prepared for it. Price of BTC will get hit by these changes and would drop into a 700-900 dollars zone. That's a conservative prediction and depends on the acceptance of the people. At least, someone's breaking the status quo that we have right now. We should move forward and tackle this problem head on if we wanted our beloved Bitcoin to survive.

What's the best online wallet to have when the Hard Fork happens? Blockchain? Trezor?
Luke2939

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:54:21 PM

What's the best online wallet to have when the Hard Fork happens? Blockchain? Trezor?

No wonder why Dash and ETH is getting pumped hard. It seems like investors are flipping bitcoin to altcoins after foreseeing the chances for heavy correction . I wonder how things will be going forward, would love to see bitcoin above $1000 mark whatever happens, fork or no fork.

In case of a hard fork I think it would be better to go with Blockchain wallet than Trezor. Any other opinion guys?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Luke2939

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:56:53 PM

No wonder why Dash and ETH is getting pumped hard. It seems like investors are flipping bitcoin to altcoins after foreseeing the chances for heavy correction . I wonder how things will be going forward, would love to see bitcoin above $1000 mark whatever happens, fork or no fork.

In case of a hard fork I think it would be better to go with Blockchain wallet than Trezor. Any other opinion guys?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:34:56 PM

BU has around of 40% now....so...it's not so much. Another big miner and i think it's done.
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 04:44:11 PM

BU has around of 40% now....so...it's not so much. Another big miner and i think it's done.

Of last 1000 I see 33% of blocks, not 40%. I would like to se 40% - that would mean halfway there.

They won't activate until 75% for a difficulty period which is 2016 blocks so one has to look at a bigger picture than just last day or whatever is being used for the 40% count.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:39:49 PM

Of last 1000 I see 33% of blocks, not 40%. I would like to se 40% - that would mean halfway there.

They won't activate until 75% for a difficulty period which is 2016 blocks so one has to look at a bigger picture than just last day or whatever is being used for the 40% count.

it was less than 20% few months ago... Smiley
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:38:06 PM

Antpool appears to have only moved some of it's servers to Unlimited

https://coin.dance/blocks

Shows plenty of Antpool blocks not signalling anything.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:24:33 AM

Probably nothing going to happen for some time. But if Core stance wont change, then more miners might join BU later this year. If Core wont hear the whole community by accepting a compromise with BU, then we going to see chain split for sure, probably this year. While I preffer compromise, the second best option is the split, and the worst option is continue with status quo and crippled Bitcoin.
I don't think the worst option is to maintain the status quo, compromise would be better and then compromise, if there is a hard fork the price of bitcoin will plummet overnight, so it is not good for the users and the investors.
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:51:01 PM

That's the thing though, if we look at the prices, we can see that investors aren't going from BTC to ETH/DASH, because BTC's price isn't dropping. This makes me think that it's new money from new people, that are new to the crytpo scene that's going into ETH/DASH. Either way the higher the market cap of all crypto's the better IMO  Tongue
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:54:13 PM

That's the thing though, if we look at the prices, we can see that investors aren't going from BTC to ETH/DASH, because BTC's price isn't dropping. This makes me think that it's new money from new people, that are new to the crytpo scene that's going into ETH/DASH. Either way the higher the market cap of all crypto's the better IMO  Tongue

Investors may not be -- but people that actually want to move money around might be who are dissuaded from Bitcoin's congestion and high fees...  please don't convince yourself this isn't bad.

BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:02:33 PM

Investors may not be -- but people that actually want to move money around might be who are dissuaded from Bitcoin's congestion and high fees...  please don't convince yourself this isn't bad.
It isn't bad if Bitcoin isn't the only crypto you're invested in  Tongue If it is, yeah... that's bad... and you need to do something. Don't lay all your eggs in one basket  Smiley, that also means you should have some money that's somewhere else than in crypto too.
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1024

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:27:09 PM

Antpool appears to have only moved some of it's servers to Unlimited

https://coin.dance/blocks

Shows plenty of Antpool blocks not signalling anything.

are they switching back now that bitcoin unlimited is show to ahve that bug and to be an unreliable chain? or they are still mining there, and if yes how are they selling their bitcoin mined there there are no merchants for BU yet

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: