Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Unlimited  (Read 2508 times)
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:01:32 PM

So the total is : 35.5 + 4.3 + 3.4 = 43.2% This is with the help of (ViaBTC, GBMiner (India), SlushPool (USA), BitClub (IceLand), Bitcoin.com (Japan))

Sluchpool are not American! They are Czech Republic

Like i say

The only advise i can give you all is MATTHEW 24:4
"Watch out that no one deceives you"

The fork will happen when you least expect it, Be prepared!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Looarn

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:27:04 PM

So the total is : 35.5 + 4.3 + 3.4 = 43.2% This is with the help of (ViaBTC, GBMiner (India), SlushPool (USA), BitClub (IceLand), Bitcoin.com (Japan))

Sluchpool are not American! They are Czech Republic

Like i say

The only advise i can give you all is MATTHEW 24:4
"Watch out that no one deceives you"

The fork will happen when you least expect it, Be prepared!

Lol after all the crap you say that is the only argument you got.  Grin

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:24:28 PM

How to split your coins using Electrum in case of a BU Hard Fork
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/hardfork.html

Thank you Thomas.  You are legend.

Peter789

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:06:36 AM

I was going to ask.....Does anyone have an idea when the fork will happen?

But i think i got my answer....i will not be able to purchase till i get back from the mines anyhow.
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:19:32 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 02:39:05 PM by AforAmethyst

As a non-techy type of person with limited ability, I'm not sure if I understand ThomasV's undoubtedly good, solid, expert advice. Terms like 'RBF' and 'binaries' just lose me, let alone fiddling about with code, although I'm reasonably sure that essentially such things are easy to understand by the experienced. To help get my mind around the problem of coin-splitting and countering the replay attack would this work:

Using two computers (A with original the wallet and B with a freshly installed wallet), both running on Windows, copy the [Electrum] folder located in the [Roaming] folder on Computer A to the [Roaming] folder of Computer B, overwriting the the fresh wallet's Electrum folder with the original wallet's Electrum folder.

• On Computer A, open the Electrum wallet and turn off automatic-connect and manually select a server running Core BTC. Would this effectively make the Electrum A wallet a Core BTC wallet?
  • On Computer B, open the Electrum wallet and turn off automatic-connect and manually select a server running Unlimited BTU. Would this effectively make the Electrum B wallet an Unlimited BTU wallet?

Well, would this be enough to split the two coins?  But what about Replay attacks - how could they be prevented in this scenario if this approach is feasible?

Or, should I just simply send my BTC to an exchange shortly after a hard fork and let the exchange do the coin splitting etc. for me?
Peter789

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:56:21 AM

As a non-techy type of person with limited ability,

Using two computers (A with original the wallet and B with a freshly installed wallet), both running on Windows, copy the [Electrum] folder located in the [Roaming] folder on Computer A to the [Roaming] folder of Computer B, overwriting the the fresh wallet's Electrum folder with the original wallet's Electrum folder.

• On Computer A, open the Electrum wallet and turn off automatic-connect and manually select a server running Core BTC. Would this effectively make the Electrum A wallet a Core BTC wallet?
  • On Computer B, open the Electrum wallet and turn off automatic-connect and manually select a server running Unlimited BTU. Would this effectively make the Electrum B wallet an Unlimited BTU wallet?

Well, would this be enough to split the two coins?  But what about Replay attacks - how could they be prevented in this scenario if this approach is feasible?

Or, should I just simply send my BTC to an exchange shortly after a hard fork and let the exchange do the coin splitting etc. for me?

and your a non-techy type of person........OOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkayyyyyyyy
Looarn

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:20:04 AM

As a non-techy type of person with limited ability, I'm not sure if I understand ThomasV's undoubtedly good, solid, expert advice. Terms like 'RBF' and 'binaries' just lose me, let alone fiddling about with code, although I'm reasonably sure that essentially such things are easy to understand by the experienced. To help get my mind around the problem of coin-splitting and countering the replay attack would this work:

Yes but before the hardfork you just gonna have 2 wallet using the same funds (i.e. BTC). The coin splitting will operate only when the blockchain fork. And replay attack gonna be avoid only if the relay on the network is clean and disallow a BTU node to relay a tx on the BTC network, and this is the hard part I think.

If you send your BTC shortly after the hardfork you gonna have to cases possible :
1/ only the BTC goes to the exchange (cause we are after the hard fork so your coin are already split (in fact not your coin but the blockchain has forked.)) so what is the point ?
2/ a replay attack (not really an attack on that case) made your BTC going the the exchange, and your BTU also, but you have to check the Terms and condition of your exchange to know their action regarding BTU. You could simply loose your BTU.

And I think your question is more, should I place my BTC before the hardfork to let the split occur in the hand of the exchange.
Hell no, you let the power to decide if yes or no some tier gonna give you back some BTU you didn't depose first (as their was BTC).
I think this is a bet on how the exchange gonna be honnest, please remember they are business first. (I'm no telling that all the exchange gonna play it fair, I'm just underlining that this is a risk you take)

My best advise for all of you who didn't understand the mechanical of a hardfork, is to focus on how blockchain work, and what happend when a fork occur (orphan block is a fork, just the network stop working on the fork and stay on the main chain. BU is made to continu working on the forked side of the chain, this is the mechanisme to understand.)

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 05:36:51 AM

I was a very fanatic fan of Electrum since 2016 my faith is in this software, the tutorial qouted above is an easy step to separate your server, and choose only server that you will be using.

My question: I was reading a lot of things when this BIP148 changing everything about the BTC but I can't see my answer.

Do we have the same value of [btu] if we have BTC If I spend btu does it affect my BTC too much technical for today's lesson.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: