Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Apple: Allow Bitcoin wallets on iPhone  (Read 2314 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:34:42 PM

I will continue to petition them via my method of never buying their product.

+1, I am a proud non-apple user for the last 20 years, zero apple product bought. Regrettably my wife bought a iPhone 3gs against my advice. Though she quickly grew to hate the iPhone when compared to my mighty Android phone, and she became jealous of all the cool stuff I could do on my android. Now she owns android phone, and will only buy android phone in the future. Though she still likes her Macbook Air...

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:55:09 AM

My gut tells me that Apple simply has a grudge against Bitcoin. Perhaps they know something we don't. WWJD? Jobs would have owned Bitcoin and probably developed a game system with GPUs and a cooling system that brews coffee.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jp

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 05:04:31 AM

It seems that the speculation is that they are gearing up to deliver a mobile payment solution. They are notorious for killing the competition on their platform. Who can blame them really. I'd love them to allow wallet apps more than anyone, as I plan on building a business around a wallet solution. But, I'm not hopeful, so I'm targeting Android first.

Helping the world exit the traditional financial system.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:06:04 AM

The Apple-hate circle-jerk is strong here too!

They are tools; not your identity. Use tools that work for you and stop being goddamn assholes.

Signed,

A Mac OS X, iOS, Windows XP/7, Linux, and FreeBSD user.

Truth.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:32:45 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 06:00:40 AM by John Smith

They are tools; not your identity. Use tools that work for you and stop being goddamn assholes.
I fully agree on your tool analogy. But in this case, the point is that these tools don't work Smiley

If you want a tool analogy let's say you can buy a cheap, rough but robust hammer A, that you can use any time you need a hammer. Or a stylish, expensive, overhyped hammer B for which you first have to petition Hammer Central before you can use it for an innovative new project.

I like my tools to work with me, not against me. Anyhow, good luck with your petition Smiley

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
WilderedB

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:41:15 AM

Hate me if you like but my next computer will be a Mac.

Seems many round here hate Windows, and you hate Macs too? So you're mostly a bunch of Linux geeks?

Probably explains why so much about bitcoin has that unfinished, not really ready yet feel to it..?
cupronickel

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:29:37 AM

Hate me if you like but my next computer will be a Mac.

Seems many round here hate Windows, and you hate Macs too? So you're mostly a bunch of Linux geeks?

Probably explains why so much about bitcoin has that unfinished, not really ready yet feel to it..?

You are free to buy what you like but don't expect any adulation from Bitcoin early adopters. Apple is the epitomy of closed market, walled garden technology. They screw huge percentages from app developers with what amounts to little better than an extortion racket. And if they tell app developers to jump, the only valid response is "how high?".

These things do not sit well with the principles behind Bitcoin. Just saying.

Vires in Numeris
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:53:23 AM

Give Apple a few years and they'll be in decline again, and more willing to compromise to stay in the game. Bitcoin could come in handy for Steam when Valve release the Steambox down the track to make buying content more secure (maybe through Ripple or a similar interface) and less at risk of identity fraud through obtaining credit card details, like what happened with Sony a couple of years back with their PSN network.

Am also looking to develop an app or two down the track as time allows, and will favour Android first over Apple, due to the greater ease and flexibility of being able to put something up on Google Play compared to the App Store.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:16:02 PM

Uhh, I already have a BTC wallet on my apple phone...blockchain app, pretty sure it was free too.

which is nice except it stores your password in plaintext and it EASILY hacked.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:11:30 PM

Maybe a developer at Apple knows how frequently people get goxxxed and just don't want a bunch of retards calling in to tech support

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:25:09 PM

I got my wife an ipad mini. She's happy with it, knowing what iOS can and can't do, and knowing what an android phone can and can't do. She also has an android phone, so the ipad mini is just a tool for her to get on facebook or viber or yahoo or chat or play time management games.

BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:46:28 PM

If you want a tool analogy let's say you can buy a cheap, rough but robust hammer A, that you can use any time you need a hammer. Or a stylish, expensive, overhyped hammer B for which you first have to petition Hammer Central before you can use it for an innovative new project.

...and you can only use that hammer to drive nails purchased from Hammer Central.  And you can't drive those nails into any piece of wood that isn't purchased from Hammer Central.  And if you try to paint your project with paint purchased anywhere but Hammer Central, it won't stick to the wood.

Bitcoin and Apple:  like oil and water...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:49:20 PM

iPad, iPhone and a Windows 7 Laptop, works for me, never snorted Coke or any other shit ever and with a head like mine, fashion clothes are just a waste of time and money.

Then again, not enough time left to tell you how little I care about your lack of judgement based on whether someone uses an iOS, Android, Qnx or Windows based device.

If how you judge a person is merely based on peripheral devices and labels, then I really feel sorry for you.

Petition signed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: