Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:53:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ............  (Read 29395 times)
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:27:03 AM

A lesson learned I guess, I have been using coinbase since I started using BTC but I never use it to move
large a amount of BTC because of its rules and past reputation, it is only natural to learn more about
the wallet you are using especially you are going to store or use it for the purpose of transactions only.
Yeah a lesson learned, actually i'm a coinbase user and i have only 1 problem to him that my address using is not now available or its an invalid address but it receive almost .09BTC, now im aware on what coinbase can do in our btc and also coinbase add now a fee... Smiley
Nood

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:29:59 PM

for me COINBASE is not scam
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 04:32:52 AM

A lesson learned I guess, I have been using coinbase since I started using BTC but I never use it to move
large a amount of BTC because of its rules and past reputation, it is only natural to learn more about
the wallet you are using especially you are going to store or use it for the purpose of transactions only.

Big lesson learned indeed,here in our country our local exchanger can only accommodate limited amount of bitcoin you can store in your wallet,coinbase and other local exchanges are adhering to anti money  laundering regulations,so better stick to exchanges that you can control like electrum.

spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 07:17:37 AM

The problem was solved, I will ask to close this thread

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

Coinbase can be following the footsteps trudged by Paypal which is very known for freezing accounts for various reasons. Coinbase has a wrangling now with the USA government and soon it has to faced those problems head on. It is better to just avoid Coinbase for now as it is risky having them. I prefer CoinPayments but I still have to read here a review of this wallet service.
humph

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

Same thing happened to me, and if you do a search on reddit about Coinbase you see people experiencing all kinds of weird issues. Frozen/ lost funds, verified accounts suddenly lost verification status, credit cards not working etc etc.

Coinbase owes me money from a sale of ETH that I did about 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to have been an instant cash credit (and had worked very well in the past), but while this particular sale was completed the money transfer never came through.

After I opened a support ticket and sent some emails, they initially entertained me with standard meaningless replies that they were "looking into it with the highest priority" but finally responded by locking me out of my account without giving a reason.

I can care less about the account - after this experience I'm not going to touch Coinbase with a 10 foot foot pole - I have plenty of other options. It's just that I've lost access to my transaction records. Now the only proof I have is from a mini screenshot of the "completed" sale and the Coinbase address that I sent ETH to from my Mist wallet.

I'm surprised a company with such bad rep managed to get so much VC funds and to recently get expanded licenses to operate in New York. What is everyone thinking? Why are there no widespread news reports on how this company is behaving with people's money?
jkj86

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

Same thing happened to me, and if you do a search on reddit about Coinbase you see people experiencing all kinds of weird issues. Frozen/ lost funds, verified accounts suddenly lost verification status, credit cards not working etc etc.

Coinbase owes me money from a sale of ETH that I did about 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to have been an instant cash credit (and had worked very well in the past), but while this particular sale was completed the money transfer never came through.

After I opened a support ticket and sent some emails, they initially entertained me with standard meaningless replies that they were "looking into it with the highest priority" but finally responded by locking me out of my account without giving a reason.

I can care less about the account - after this experience I'm not going to touch Coinbase with a 10 foot foot pole - I have plenty of other options. It's just that I've lost access to my transaction records. Now the only proof I have is from a mini screenshot of the "completed" sale and the Coinbase address that I sent ETH to from my Mist wallet.

I'm surprised a company with such bad rep managed to get so much VC funds and to recently get expanded licenses to operate in New York. What is everyone thinking? Why are there no widespread news reports on how this company is behaving with people's money?

I have purchased Bitcoin, several years ago, through Coinbase. This website has not allowed me to login for nearly a year, and has not left me with any options to login as their authentication has issues and their customer service does not offer any support or respond to emails. This has led to me being unable to get my funds from their website, therefore, allowing them to possess the funds and appears at this point in time to be a scam as it seems they are willfully negligent in their lack of customer support. I attempted to change my two-factor authentication phone number on their site several times, but to no avail, as it says the phone number I have input is incorrect (although it is correct). This makes logging into their website impossible, and makes my funds unavailable as well as any services on their website. There are several issues reported on their forums, social media, and other websites describing similar issues of willful negligence on their part and this seems to be a widespread issue. I wanted to report this, as hopefully something can be done to help me and others retrieve our funds that have, at this point, for all intents and purposes been frozen/stolen by this business.

I have now reported them to the BBB/FTC/IRS, and posted negative reviews warning others. Hopefully this can be nipped in the bud before they become the next MTGOX/Mintpal/etc.
pak yadi

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:47:05 AM

Good day everybody

I want to share information about my account in Coinbase, I have more than 700 BTC which I could not pull the funds are there, already more than one month I did not get an answer from the support, all answered by robots each email reply, my account position is currently frozen condition, I could only see the contents of the balance but could not do transactions, I've been thinking if this continues without the news this week, I will report the company's coin base to the FBI, CIA, USA investigation for committing fraud 700 BTC to me.

i have same problem. i cant withdraw from coinbase to another wallet.. are coinbase going scam?
oxygen88

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:33:23 AM

That is a lot of money, 700 BTC in coinbase account, but why do you store so much bitcoin on an online wallet where you don't hold your own private keys? But if this is true, I can feel how the op is going through this ordeal, 700 BTC is a lot of money  Cry
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 05:40:57 AM

How to start a pitchfork uprising.

Steps

1. Create a totally new account or use a newbie account
2. Create thesis ( service X scammed me of Y cryptos).
3. Simply post as title ( Service X scam alert! )
4. Happily post thesis as only body of thread.
5. Wait for others to add fuel to fire based on only speculation
6. Offer to add proof after more people reply
7. Add possibly suspicious screenshots with non existent authorities to report to.
8. Suddenly vanish after a few pages.

i seriously doubt anyone with that much bitcoins will leave it in a freaking online exchange instead of storing it in a cold wallet or a trezor.

Have used coinbase for years with no verification yet high amounts of txes. I call bullshit even with your screenshots.

CryptoSocial

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:57:57 AM

One question that hits me hard after going through the post is, How can coinbase, or any other exchange/ wallet, determine if you have used the coins for gambling or any other suspicious activity??

Bitcoins transfers, being anonymous, can't be tracked for origin or destination.

All you can have is the originating address and receiving address and this information is not going to reveal any account related information.

Would love to know if there's a way to reveal the destination of funds.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3580

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:23:34 PM

One question that hits me hard after going through the post is, How can coinbase, or any other exchange/ wallet, determine if you have used the coins for gambling or any other suspicious activity??

Bitcoins transfers, being anonymous, can't be tracked for origin or destination.

All you can have is the originating address and receiving address and this information is not going to reveal any account related information.

coinbase does have some sort of list of gambling site addresses.

solution. always send to your own wallet 1st, then send to gambling site. same with gambling site withdrawals.

i dont gamble but this is what others say. so may or may not be accurate.
chemicalanarchy

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

I had over $11k in coinbase which I'd gotten as it nearly doubled in the month since I bought @ $900.  I sent 1 BTC to my blockchain wallet on May 11 2017 and then sent back to coinbase on May 15 as 'the spread' was $50 different so why not make $50 for doing nothing.  My INSTANT send sat there as pending and the next day I got 'coinbase has decided your account should be closed for violations of 'the agreement''  TOTAL BS!  Now it gets good as I only got 5.54 BTC OUT when I had to 'close out' to an external wallet on May 17th 2017.  The send back from BLOCKCHAIN on the 15th WAS STOLEN netting the scamming coinbase 1BTC or $1700 offa my ass for some rule breaking they never named as I was ONLY sending coinbase to MYSELF.  You sure as shit can believe they NEVER answered a single email to their bullshit 'support' email as to what the 'violation' was.  These guys are scammers so DO NOT store BTC in coinbase or you will be sorry!
CryptoSocial

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

coinbase does have some sort of list of gambling site addresses.

solution. always send to your own wallet 1st, then send to gambling site. same with gambling site withdrawals.

i dont gamble but this is what others say. so may or may not be accurate.

Almost every site, accepting bitcoins, will issue a new random address for every payment, or at least a new address for every individual account.

Having a list of addresses for any such service seems fishy.

This seems as more of a made up reason to grab someone's coins.

If they are aware of the address, they may simply block the transaction to the list of addresses they identified as "BAD".

Moreover if they are not okay with someone spending the coins  against there wish, they may ask the person to take away the coins and leave the platform, how can someone freeze the funds??
chemicalanarchy

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:31:24 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 07:47:15 PM by chemicalanarchy

As mentioned I wasn't spending or having BTC sent to me from anybody but MYSELF!  I invested 1-2 months ago and just rode it.

You seem to have a problem with me and others clearly stating these scammers are pulling the same crap as Paypal?  Well,  why not tell us the legal avenue to take and get justice?   While you are at it, let us know the how to contact Coinrape to get a response.

Here is the direct email from Coinrape and then what appears on the site where all you can do is dump your money to another wallet and NOT cash out:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Coinbase. Our primary goal is to make digital currency safe and secure for our customers. Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

Upon careful review, we believe your account has engaged in prohibited use in violation of our Terms of Service and we regret to inform you that we can no longer provide you with access to our service. We respectfully request that you follow the on-screen instructions presented when you log into your Coinbase account to send any remaining balance offsite to an external address.

Should you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Respectfully,

Coinbase Customer Support

What appears when I then logged in at coinrape.com and let me know where I missed that I could cash out:

Unfortunately we have had to close your Coinbase account. Before your account can be closed, you will need to withdraw your funds to an external wallet and any other funds to an attached bank account. Please be sure to delete any references to digital currency addresses generated by Coinbase, as funds sent to those addresses will not be retrievable once the account is closed. If you have any questions you may contact us at support@coinbase.com.

BTW, that page right above is ALL you get and all your transactions/history are NOT VIEWABLE so if you don't know what you had in there you are screwed and they can give you whatever they feel like which they did.  Hell, even scumbag payscum didn't pull that crap and you could log in to see your transaction history which I can still do on an account which was closed YEARS ago.  Coinrape blocks you out so even if there was a legal recourse you would have NO PROOF as they evidence is gone which is exactly what they pulled in never completing the 1btc transfer from blockchain worth $1700.

BTW, btc addresses ARE traceable as there was recently a large case by the US gov to arrest some hackers who were holding government offices for ransom and wouldn't allow access to information unless btc was paid.  Btc was paid and they followed the money and several 'hackers' went down.

Lastly, this is right from their site and while being attached to your checking or CC IS regulated, digital currency is NOT unless you are in a regulated state.  They aren't regulated by anything or anybody so they are free to rip people off as we are seeing.

Coinbase, Inc., the company which operates Coinbase and GDAX in the U.S., is licensed to engage in money transmission in most U.S. jurisdictions. Most of Coinbase’s money transmission licenses cover US Dollar Wallets and transfers. In some states, money transmission licenses also cover digital currency wallets and transfers on the platform. In other states, no money transmission license is required to operate a digital currency business
Golberg

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:06:14 AM

so are you serious man_ ? i cant beleave you put 700 bitcoin in a us wallet,
Coinbase should be Coinscam
chemicalanarchy

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:59:28 PM

Coinbase is a scam and they are trying to scam more people to put money in with this bunch of bullshit from an email they call their 'coinbase blog' which of course nobody can reply to as it's not a blog but a SPAM to those they have already scammed hoping you won't tell others about the scam.  Note!  My experience and replies to their non-existent customer support is in BOLD

You have been warned as I've been scammed out of 2k from coinbase and had my account closed for NO REASON given and no answer from their non-existent customer support which THEY ACKNOWLEDGE!

Note how they ACKNOWLEDGE they are criminals and will get around to it when they feel like it and even the most rudimentary things will take MONTHS if not a full year by which time they are hoping people have given up. Another big LOOK OUT is how they ACKNOWLEDGE they have HELD MONEY FOR NO REASON AND DO NOT GIVE A RESPONSE. These fuckers are criminals on every level and the following is directly from the coinbase blog.:

I’m writing today to apologize for the experience you’re having and tell you what we’re doing to improve the situation.

First, it’s worth acknowledging the gravity of the situation. Our goal with Coinbase is to build the product that is the most trusted and easiest to use in the space. It erodes trust when customers can’t get a timely response to customer support inquiries, or when there are delays in pay ins, pay outs, limit increase requests, or getting access to your account.

I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE GOTTEN NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER in over 2 weeks since closure for NO REASON and no violation of their terms!

We’re storing customer funds, and I can understand how incredibly frustrating (and scary) it is when an issue arises and you can’t get a prompt response.

THEY AREN't STORING, they are STEALING! My account was ILLEGALLY closed with money being transferred to MYSELF from my own blockchain account and I now have NO ACCESS to see that was completed to get it sent to another wallet. Additionally, I now have NO RECORD WHATSOEVER, of who sent me money or who I sent money to with the latter being NOBODY BUT MY OWN BLOCKCHAIN ACCOUNT

We haven’t done enough to keep up with the growth, and we’re taking steps now to correct it. I want to share with you specifically what we’re doing to improve the situation.

Near Term: WTF DOES THAT MEAN!

We are doubling overall support capacity by spinning up an outsourced support facility by the end of June. This will allow us to rapidly add level 1 support agents during future surges.
We’re hiring 10 new contractors for our in house team over the next 3 months.
WOW! THAT SURE IS ONE HELLUVA GODDAMN TIME FRAME OF FUCKING FOREIGNERS TO ANSWER EMAIL AND A GODDAMN PHONE NEITHER OF WHICH EXIST AT ALL! I'M LIVING IT!

We’re adding new hires on the Trust team (part of the engineering org that helps deal with security questions).
Hired a consultant (former VP Customer Success at larger company) to consult on scaling, and how to introduce phone support.
REALLY, you NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO ADD PHONE SUPPORT? I guess so when NO SUPPORT EXISTS AT ALL AND THIS IS MORE AND MORE LOOKING Like PAYSHIT WHERE PHONE MEANS NOTHING, TOO!

Several account security improvements are rolling out, including improvements to our two factor authentication, and a new system to flag risky withdrawals.
Q3 Plan HUH? EVERYTHING IS A RISKY WITHDRAWAL EVEN TO YOURSELF AND WHAT THE FUCK DOES A 'RISKY WITHDRAWAL' mean at all on a legal level. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! But don't worry it will only take more than 6 mos to solve that for ya!

Goal will be < 6 hours first response time for everyone; < 2 hours in cases of large balances
Goal of having first version of phone support introduced for high balance accounts, and/or security related questions by end of September
Q4 Plan

Roll out phone support for a wider % of customer base (potentially a paid option, still TBD) BAHAHAHA! Pay for nonexistent phone support which they act like they have!
Introduce additional account security options such as Yubikey support
We understand that trust has to be earned, not given, and that we haven’t done enough lately to earn that trust. Thank you for your support as we continue to scale.
They only thing they are scaling is the larger amounts of money they are stealing by trying to get people to leave money in their bullshit establishment which is a TOTAL FRAUD with no support and no rules at all. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR MONEY IN THERE AT ALL OR IT WILL BE GONE!

Thank you!
jamsproject

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

https://paxful.com/roots/buy-bitcoin?affiliate=ePn

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 08:19:05 PM

Trade somewhere else! Y'all should know better!

Aside from countless Issues they're having right now(Security Issues), Coinbase is meddling scum. https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6hik6e/coinbase_disables_account_for_ross_ulbricht_legal/

Better off trading in good places like Paxful or anything equivalent.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 03:04:09 AM

I never used Coinbase....I do have an account there but their prices and fees are just too outrageous for me to justify doing business with them.  Plus, they just ask too many damn questions not to be working with the feds....Doing business with Coinbase is like inviting a sleeper into your clubhouse....
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1191

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:18:08 PM

I've used coinbase for about 2 years with no problem, not to say they aren't selectively targeting certain users and taking advantage - but I haven't seen it. It seems highly suspicious that a user who can barely string a sentence together would have around 2 million dollars worth of bitcoin in their account. If you've got that sort of money, you could at least learn to basics of bitcoin and create your own wallet that is safe. Where did you get the bitcoins originally? Mining? Amazing how it is always newbies making these sort of complaints.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████