Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:56:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction with large (301.786 sat/B) fee!  (Read 1364 times)
david91uk (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

I'm new to bitcoins so I'm sure I did something wrong.

I have transferred a tiny amount of bitcoins from an address to my Electrum wallet. I have entered the private key of my address and Electrum somehow imported the bitcoins to the new address which was generated by Electrum. This transaction is still unconfirmed. I read a couple of articles and forums about what should I do when this happens and somewhere I read that I should send more bitcoin to my new Electrum address, then I should send all of them to another address. I also read that I could try to re-send (double spend) my bitcoins with coinb.in but it didn't work.

So I tried the other method and sent more bitcoins to my Electrum address, the transfer was successful, then I tried to send all of them to another address and now all of them is unconfirmed. What can I do?

https://blockchain.info/tx/b1ce1b4d538b664cbae83fcdc34a5512f6bc2b7e48260bed7bba04553510b786

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:51:27 PM

Your transaction includes a very high fee of 0.00301786 BTC/KB so it should get confirmed quite quickly (within a few more hours) even if you don't do anything.

If you want to try speeding it up then use the site linked below. Keep submitting this string b1ce1b4d538b664cbae83fcdc34a5512f6bc2b7e48260bed7bba04553510b786 (that's your transaction ID) to it a few times an hour until it says transaction accepted. The viabtc mining pool will then include it in the next block it mines.

https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

The network has a fairly high number of unconfirmed transactions at the moment, and that's slowing down the speed transactions get confirmed at.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 07:06:49 PM

Your transaction includes a very high fee of 0.00301786 BTC/KB so it should get confirmed quite quickly (within a few more hours) even if you don't do anything.
No you're wrong (it won't confirm soon).

The transaction he sent is using an unconfirmed input (https://blockchain.info/tx/fdd0183cd66ed4aa96b6f0658d84c149a753641b63d7eb19cb7f70ed3c2fbf92) and until this transaction gets it's confirmations, the above transaction (the one he posted) won't get any confirmations. You can't use the accelerator website that "HI-TEC99" posted (for 1st tx that I linked) since it uses a very low fee.

I suggest contacting one of the following users to help you out by including your transaction (the 1st tx link that I posted) in a block, in exchange for some fees:

1. macbook-air: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=16114
2. Quickseller: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=358020

Other solutions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
david91uk (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:09:15 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 07:42:25 PM by david91uk

Thank you for the response! The transaction accelerator says that "Transaction does not exist"
I copied the correct ID, that's not the issue.

Is it possible that it will never get confirmed? I would really love to double spend it but how? I contacted the guy and he got me back instantly but I'm not sure how can I pay him when I can't even move my bitcoins!?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:01:42 PM

Is it possible that it will never get confirmed?

David Rabahy recently sent a transaction that had no fee included as a test. It confirmed after 11 days.

Hey, what do you know, it went through.  So, some no-fee transactions are still getting through eventually.  Mine only took 11 days.

However when calkob tried submitting a zero fee transaction it didn't work.

I recently done the same thing from my core wallet, which wasn't very successful, i think that no fee transactions have been assigned to the annuals of bitcoin history. 
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:35:56 PM

I contacted the guy and he got me back instantly but I'm not sure how can I pay him when I can't even move my bitcoins!?

Your first transaction was 1658 bytes and paid a fee of 8320 satoshi
That's about 5 satoshi per byte.

Your second transaction was 336 bytes and paid a fee of 101400 satoshi
That's about 302 satoshi per byte.

Your second transaction can't confirm until the first one does, but it pays a higher fee so there is an incentive for a miner to confirm both transactions together at the same time.  They can confirm the cheap transaction so that they can also confirm and collect the fees from the second transaction.

Lets see if it is worth it to a miner to do that...

If we add the bytes of the two transactions together and add the fees together we find that:
Your two transactions together are 1994 bytes and pay a combined fee of 109720 satoshi
That's about 55 satoshi per byte.

The current fee recommended by https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ is 220 satoshi per byte.  Your combined fee is only 55 satoshi per byte.  Looks like your second transaction didn't pay a high enough fee to make up for the shortcomings of the first transaction.  It might have been a good idea to do a bit of maths before setting the fee on the second transaction.

That being said, if you explain your situation to macbook-air or Quickseller, they may be willing to confirm both transactions first as long as you agree to send the payment once you have access to the confirmed bitcoins.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 08:41:31 PM

You can still push the first transaction: fdd0183cd66ed4aa96b6f0658d84c149a753641b63d7eb19cb7f70ed3c2fbf92 via https://pushtx.btc.com/ by paying them a fee of $21.75 (if it's feasible for you and it's urgent) and this way, both your transactions will confirm. Else, you will need to wait for the first transaction to be dropped from your network and try again sending just 0.14028 BTC to the address.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

You can still push the first transaction: fdd0183cd66ed4aa96b6f0658d84c149a753641b63d7eb19cb7f70ed3c2fbf92 via https://pushtx.btc.com/ by paying them a fee of $21.75 (if it's feasible for you and it's urgent) and this way, both your transactions will confirm. Else, you will need to wait for the first transaction to be dropped from your network and try again sending just 0.14028 BTC to the address.

You pay pay btc.com with your VISA card, so that gets round your problem of having no confirmed bitcoins left to pay quickseller or macbook-air.  

You insert your transaction and then click 'ESTIMATE PRICE', then you can pay with your VISA card so you can spend your bitcoin, the irony is unbelievable...
david91uk (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:01:59 PM

You pay pay btc.com with your VISA card, so that gets round your problem of having no confirmed bitcoins left to pay quickseller or macbook-air.  

You insert your transaction and then click 'ESTIMATE PRICE', then you can pay with your VISA card so you can spend your bitcoin, the irony is unbelievable...

Quickseller was really nice and pushed my transaction without paying him upfront without questions (I'll pay him once the transaction confirms).
So, if I understood everything correctly then it's still possible that I have lost my money and my bitcoins will remain stuck in the middle of nowhere!? I'm not panicking but I'd like to know the worst case scenario! Is there any way to be able to get my bitcoins back?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:17:19 PM

Quickseller was really nice and pushed my transaction without paying him upfront without questions (I'll pay him once the transaction confirms).
So, if I understood everything correctly then it's still possible that I have lost my money and my bitcoins will remain stuck in the middle of nowhere!? I'm not panicking but I'd like to know the worst case scenario! Is there any way to be able to get my bitcoins back?

No, it's not possible you have lost your money. Even if your transaction never confirms it doesn't get lost, the network eventually forgets unconfirmed transactions, and your Bitcoins reappear in the address you sent them from.

If quickseller's agreed to push your transaction I don't think you'll have long to wait for a confirmation. He got ahmedjadoon's transaction confirmed very quickly. You will only have a long wait if F2pool doesn't mine a block for hours.

I faced a similar issue a few days back transaction not getting confirmed due to low fee but user "QuickSeller" got my transaction confirmed in minutes when I sent him 0.0001 BTC. He has access to some pool . PM him.

Quickseller will push your transaction using F2pool, so when it mines another block your transaction will probably get confirmed. You can see the times it mined its latest blocks here.

https://blockchain.info/blocks/F2Pool
david91uk (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:26:36 PM

No, it's not possible you have lost your money. Even if your transaction never confirms it doesn't get lost, the network eventually forgets unconfirmed transactions, and your Bitcoins reappear in the address you sent them from.

If quickseller's agreed to push your transaction I don't think you'll have long to wait for a confirmation. He got ahmedjadoon's transaction confirmed very quickly. You will only have a long wait if F2pool doesn't mine a block for hours.

I faced a similar issue a few days back transaction not getting confirmed due to low fee but user "QuickSeller" got my transaction confirmed in minutes when I sent him 0.0001 BTC. He has access to some pool . PM him.

Quickseller will push your transaction using F2pool, so when it mines another block your transaction will probably get confirmed. You can see the times it mined its latest blocks here.

So basically the best I can do is to add the receiving address to my blockchain.info account's watchlist and wait till I get the notification email.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 07:54:21 PM by HI-TEC99

So basically the best I can do is to add the receiving address to my blockchain.info account's watchlist and wait till I get the notification email.

You don't need to bother, your transaction has already been pushed. You can see it at the site linked below (F2pool's transaction accelerator). Search for b1ce1b4d538b664cbae83fcdc34a5512f6bc2b7e48260bed7bba04553510b786 on that webpage, it's near the top.

https://www.f2pool.com/pushtx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: