Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUcoin is officially dead  (Read 4383 times)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3433
Merit: 4368

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

What you people fail to understand, is that as Bitcoin loses its utility and number of use cases it will also inevitably lose value, making it a poor store of value.

"Blah blah blah Chinacoin blah blah blah Roger Ver,"  that part of your post is just stupid FUD as usual, which is all you have for logic. No brains.

We should have the ability to choose between on-chain and off-chain scaling ourselves, or at-least have both, not have the solution forced onto us by people who think they know better (hint: they don't)

What you fail to grasp is the fact in terms of nodes, wallets, businesses, exchanges etc aka the economic majority wants Segwit. Technical improvement, trust, security and innovation outweight more what UB can offer. 

Nobody cares how Blockstream gets his money, only BU people seems having a problem with it Undecided You need to make consessions, i did that and i belong to that 'economic majority' untill BU can impress me.

This supposed "economic majority" is just another Ridiculous term invented recently to help push through Kore's propaganda.

The reality is that people want a blocksize increase. Some people have swallowed Kore's propaganda and think a blocksize increase is "too dangerous,"

You can't quantify any support in real, actual, tangible numbers based in fact.

Which means your "economic majority" is just more hot air.

Welcome on my ignore list, FUDsters like you are a disgrace for Bitcoin.
Viscount

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:14:28 AM

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:22:15 AM

ideally we shouldnt have to "trust" any group of developers.  This is supposed to be decentralized and trustless.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:52:00 AM

Bitcoin's marketshare has dropped below 80% for the first time.

Bitcoin businesses are dropping Bitcoin as a payment method left and right.

Yeah, bitcoin is fine. We don't need any competing implementations. All we need is Blockstream Kore. Their leadership is perfect and ONLY they know the true way forward  Roll Eyes

Lightning Network will solve ALL our problems when it's finally released 5 years from now! /s

The truth is that BlockstreamKore are a fucking cancer that need to be removed with some kind of laxative.

If they aren't removed, then bye bye Bitcoin as the #1 Coin - Either Monero or Dash or Ethereum will take over the majority of marketshare.

Think about this for a second, wasnt it all an experiment from the very beginning? Didnt Satoshi say that there will be lots of transaction volume years from now, or there will be none? What if in 10 years BTC was really going down anyway? The only problem is it could come earlier than expected.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 12:51:07 PM

ideally we shouldnt have to "trust" any group of developers.  This is supposed to be decentralized and trustless.

Wise words.

You should rather trust what you see.

I see (next to lots of FUD) reactions like bug was fixed very quickly - more nodes up now than before.

I still hope that since we have 2 groups in hard competition they will help each other in the end  - and I don't mind which way they do (hacking, helping, ...) - finally we will all benefit.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:36:37 PM

Welcome on my ignore list, FUDsters like you are a disgrace for Bitcoin.

You can't argue any of one of my points, you can't prove anything wrong. So you just put me on ignore. Brilliant.

Ignorance, it's all you people have.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:52:52 PM

This supposed "economic majority" is just another Ridiculous term invented recently to help push through Kore's propaganda.

The reality is that people want a blocksize increase. Some people have swallowed Kore's propaganda and think a blocksize increase is "too dangerous,"

"Economic majority" is a term that has been in use for quite a long time.  Making up "facts" that it was created "recently" doesn't help the BU case.

Even a cursory search shows it in use in 2012:
(
see, e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1154809#msg1154809
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3945/how-could-the-bitcoin-protocol-be-changed-has-this-ever-occurred#comment4983_3948

)
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:56:56 PM

"Economic majority" is a term that has been in use for quite a long time.  Making up "facts" that it was created "recently" doesn't help the BU case.

Even a cursory search shows it in use in 2012:
(
see, e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1154809#msg1154809
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3945/how-could-the-bitcoin-protocol-be-changed-has-this-ever-occurred#comment4983_3948

)

No, it was just recently started being used by Core supporters.

They're grasping at straws and you know it, lol

The "economic majority" are forced to use 1mb blocks, against their will, for now. doesn't mean they want to, or that most people are even remotely aware what the difference would be
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

ideally we shouldnt have to "trust" any group of developers.  This is supposed to be decentralized and trustless.

There's no need to trust when the code is open source. Just look at the code of Core, then look at what BU offers, you'll see how BU is objectively shit and can't get anything done without relying on Core's hard work.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 03:16:00 PM

There's no need to trust when the code is open source. Just look at the code of Core, then look at what BU offers, you'll see how BU is objectively shit and can't get anything done without relying on Core's hard work.

ETH, DASH, ... is even more shit.  But ?

Open your eyes - hard work is not all you might need...

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:26:12 PM

No, it was just recently started being used by Core supporters.

As recently as Jan 2014...

If the miners (attempt to) do something which the holders disagree with, they will quickly find themselves mining worthless coins. The economic majority holds the actual power.

They're grasping at straws and you know it, lol

Someone is certainly grasping.

The "economic majority" are forced to use 1mb blocks, against their will, for now. doesn't mean they want to, or that most people are even remotely aware what the difference would be

I was forced to install Bitcoin Core. <----- Things that happen only in the mind of a BUtcoiner.

Reality check:

https://coin.dance/nodes/share

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:53:17 PM

Doesn't mean you read that you will believed on that sometimes the closer we look the lesser we see don't depends on the article sometimes they just want to make money the ads they trying to fool people many people want to believed that bitcoin is already dead or it will not take last long people now are being confused if they will continue to use this currency or just wait for another one to came up.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:55:56 AM

The fact that the number of BU nodes is unchanged in light of the above speaks volumes for the type of people running them...

Yes. It demonstrates that we realize that a sub-optimal implementation of the right principles are more valuable than even an unrealizably- ideal implementation of the wrong  principles. For the former can asymptotically approach perfection, while the latter is doomed to forever head off in the wrong direction.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:22:43 AM

I think it also depends on the developers who took over the project. For if the develepor have often taken over about it and most of their success in building the project then I would believe it 100% and follow it. Because it's been proven. And if it is not found then it could be the main reference is at the time of marketing such products if it is indeed being 50% then they have a good level of project

Fucking Rich

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:28:58 AM

BUcoin is on the downtrend, they can't get more signaling, it is beneficial for bitcoin, and hard fork will kill bitcoin.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 07:37:05 AM

The fact that the number of BU nodes is unchanged in light of the above speaks volumes for the type of people running them...

Yes. It demonstrates that we realize that a sub-optimal implementation of the right principles are more valuable than even an unrealizably- ideal implementation of the wrong  principles. For the former can asymptotically approach perfection, while the latter is doomed to forever head off in the wrong direction.

And there is no proper industrial change management process for open source projects / or bitcoin is just too young compared to Linux ...  so its a monster bumpy road we are on obviously.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:43:09 AM

This is great news. I was getting a bit worried a hard fork would actually happen, but looks like Jihan's little nerd dream to be the emperor of bitcoin will not happen. Sorry, Core wins another day, and now $3000 are actually possible in 2017.

If you what you are saying is true and bitcoins price will really reach 3000$ this year if Bitcoin Unlimited will be out of the picture then I will support the other group that is against BU. Well I just need to change my mindset since BU have cause the price of bitcoin to deflate and I dont like that thus  I will support other means of solving bitcoin problems except for BU.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:49:30 AM

This is great news. I was getting a bit worried a hard fork would actually happen, but looks like Jihan's little nerd dream to be the emperor of bitcoin will not happen. Sorry, Core wins another day, and now $3000 are actually possible in 2017.

If you what you are saying is true and bitcoins price will really reach 3000$ this year if Bitcoin Unlimited will be out of the picture then I will support the other group that is against BU. Well I just need to change my mindset since BU have cause the price of bitcoin to deflate and I dont like that thus  I will support other means of solving bitcoin problems except for BU.

The same argument can be made against core too you know. The other side will blame them for not acting fast enough for having bigger blocks for BTC. We are all only arguing about it now but the real test will come if BTC will go down to under 1000 again and going lower.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 12:08:37 PM

The same argument can be made against core too you know. The other side will blame them for not acting fast enough for having bigger blocks for BTC. We are all only arguing about it now but the real test will come if BTC will go down to under 1000 again and going lower.

It's very easy to finger point.

Who was and is actually in charge?

Who is 'still' in the driver seat and should care about consensus software = fits to all needs, no brainer features & quality, tested, bug-free, leaving no space for alternative bitcoin dev teams and even alt coins.

Explaining & convincing of features and their needs - marketing, selling ...

Deploying to majority.

Keeping things stable & running

Who you wanna blame for any failure ?

Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:34:11 PM

yes a little fluctuation can be seen but i think it is just  for the time being and nto a permanent down fall and very soon we will see the price of bitcoin trading above 1200 USD very soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: