Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin To Soon Reach $1700  (Read 4977 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:30:32 PM

Bitcoin Market Cap passes 30 Billion.  Where to? $100 billion?

Why not?

TESLA is 53B$, Facebook is 435B$, Microsoft is 535B$, Apple is 799B$...

30B$ is no where big already. I think bitcoin has the potential to surpass facebook, microsoft and apple. That means we are still in its early phase. Even if we catch up with Tesla, that means another %100 increase in prices. Doesn't sound impossible to me considering the pump going on lately.

The only thing bothers me is the fees with small transactions.  Huh
I agree.  Bitcoin was built with the potential to have market cap in the trillions.  Very interesting how it is going.
Why do we have to compare bitcoin market capitalization to net worth of the biggest companies in the world? What is the point?
Bitcoin is not business, nor a company. The closest term what we can call BTC  is 'a service'.
The truth is, Bitcoin is the unprecedented step of creating cryptographic money - every direct comparison to existing technology will be misleading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Urban Crypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

Why not?

30B$ is no where big already. I think bitcoin has the potential to surpass facebook, microsoft and apple. That means we are still in its early phase. Even if we catch up with Tesla, that means another %100 increase in prices. Doesn't sound impossible to me considering the pump going on lately.

I agree.  Bitcoin was built with the potential to have market cap in the trillions.  Very interesting how it is going.
Why do we have to compare bitcoin market capitalization to net worth of the biggest companies in the world? What is the point?
Bitcoin is not business, nor a company. The closest term what we can call BTC  is 'a service'.
The truth is, Bitcoin is the unprecedented step of creating cryptographic money - every direct comparison to existing technology will be misleading.
That is a fair response, the real comparison is to traditional currencies and they have trillions.

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:56:25 AM

Why not?

Good example. 100B$ is very achievable especially when bitcoin solves some problems and issues circulating them. With or without ETF approval bitcoin is heading there depending on its developments.

I think tesla itself is in a bubble, but bitcoin hasn't penetrated mainstream yet to reach the valuations of facebook, microsoft or apple. 100B$ is achievable but to sustain it we need to get closer to where those three internet companies are in terms of market penetration, right now most people have heard of bitcoin but only a minority have ever used it so the price is still not really secure.

Don't get me wrong I firmly believe we will get there relatively soon especially with all the good news coming out but I don't think it will be an easy or smooth ride there.
Good point, one of the biggest challenges for Bitcoin is massive user adoption.  Without more people coming aboard to use it, it could hamper the potential market cap.
I don’t really think that user adoption is a great challenge for bitcoin, it is going to happen eventually the greatest issue at the moment is how to make the fees cheaper and the confirmation of the transaction faster since without it there is not a way to get too much adoption.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:48:18 PM

Why not?

Well yeah you may be right about the concept of the bitcoin but the truth is that being a part of the global society we need to do so. How else could we have to show the strength of the Bitcoin to the world? When it comes to the currency the countries shows its strength but the bitcoin being a decentralized currency will be compared with the companies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: