Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:47:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Cancelled a BFL Order?  (Read 404 times)
l008com (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:33:38 AM

Has anyone cancelled their order? If so, how did you go about it?
I payed with a credit card, through paypal. If you email BFL, will they refund your order? Or do I have to fight with my CC to cancel it? Or fight with PayPal?

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
GRC: S942CyMgHz42EosvT9L1dKCwB1HVM2TDZk
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitgirl

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:48:43 AM

I canceled my order several months ago and received a refund in the form of a check within a week, but I paid cash by wire transfer. CS answered my email fairly quickly and the process overall was fairly painless.  Hope that helps.

EDIT:  If you paid through Paypal, you'll need to follow their refund policy which is either 30 or 45 days. If you're past that, then you'll need to go through your credit card company. HOWEVER, you might want to contact BFL first and see if they'll refund your credit card directly. Not knowing the details of your order, this is the best advice I can offer.
easyMony

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:50:55 AM

Nice to know
l008com (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:05:25 AM

My order is two days old. I read that they will be shipping later this month (yes, just like they say every month). So I ordered one, order number 44,000. Then I read that current orders likely won't ship until August. At this point, it seems much more likely it is a scam, than being legit. But even if it is legit, by the time they ship my lowly order #44,000, I'll be lucky if I can break even on a $308 expense. F that. I emailed BFL, hopefully I get my refund before all employees disappear to a tropical island.

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
GRC: S942CyMgHz42EosvT9L1dKCwB1HVM2TDZk
CRkfx1

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:14:22 AM

I'm order #20147, considered cancelling, but didn't. 

They have a policy of allowing customers to upgrade existing orders and not lose position in the queue.  Considering an upgrade, bion lol!

But yes, it is a scam because the more they sell, the less they're worth.  Hence ponzi or shovel scam.  And this is whole problem with mining cryptos IMO.  And I got an idea to fix it...for another thread.   Wink
vdek

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:19:29 AM

I'm order #20147, considered cancelling, but didn't. 

They have a policy of allowing customers to upgrade existing orders and not lose position in the queue.  Considering an upgrade, bion lol!

But yes, it is a scam because the more they sell, the less they're worth.  Hence ponzi or shovel scam.  And this is whole problem with mining cryptos IMO.  And I got an idea to fix it...for another thread.   Wink

I have order #16000, ordered a jalapeno and debated on trying to upgrade to a single, but since they're shipping the jalapeños first, I think that will have the best payback. I should have ordered two!
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:27:17 AM

You can request a refund.  Their focus right no is on getting working units out the door, so the turn around will be slow.  I have had three 60 GH Singles on order since October 3rd.  I'm waiting for mine with very little concern.  However, if you want a refund you should send an email to orders@butterflylabs.com (Verify the address fro their site it might not have a s on the end) and provide them with the identifying information for your order.  They have been good about refunding orders even though the order form states all orders are final.  People behind you in line will certainly appreciate your cancellation. 

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: