Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think this bodycam footage will be released?  (Read 253 times)
PeterTheGrape (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:02:18 AM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-police-shooting-20170314-story.html

Body cam of the previous shooting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_L1sES5AI

Shooting before that was a young mother with no criminal record who had been robbed a few times and got a legal license to purchase a 12 gauge. Police said she was holding her kid hostage so she began livestreaming on Facebook to show the police were lying. They cut off her internet and shot her. 

Baltimore is at the point where all real threats are off the radar. It is probably the most serious 'powder keg' in America. There is no question it is going to become a hazardous place.

Should police be held to some reasonable standard in places like that when they kill people like Korryn Gaines? She did not have money for vehicle tags when she was killed, yet the police later claimed they 'found' a substantial amount of heroin in her apartment after they killed her and it was packaged for sale. Were she and her boyfriend really dealing heroin?

--

There are a lot of robberies in Baltimore, and it's possible the guy shot today really was robbing folks. But are the police going to actually release the bodycams of the shooting?

In the Korryn Gaines shooting the police claimed they were not wearing cameras, even though bodycams seem to be on the officers and it is normal policy for SWAT teams to wear bodycams.

In the last shooting one bodycam was released that shows the guy turning away from the officer, and quite a distance away, when he was killed.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
denzelc

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:48:37 AM

I think in time they will.
PeterTheGrape (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:22:18 AM

Do you think that the situation in that city is so stable that there is no need to urgently degangsterize the police?
wenjunnnnn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:41:17 PM

Yes it will be released because of technology.
VapeOil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:07:13 PM

Do you think that the situation in that city is so stable that there is no need to urgently degangsterize the police?

What? Are you serious? De-gangsterize.. lol.. sure like that will ever happen. Has any police force been de-gangsterized? I don't think so.

PeterTheGrape (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:45:54 PM

What? Are you serious? De-gangsterize.. lol.. sure like that will ever happen. Has any police force been de-gangsterized? I don't think so.

They are nothing but a bunch of punks with guns in that city, and it is inevitable that there will be accountability. It seems very smart to try to do it 'legally' and in a civilized way rather than waiting for nature to take over. In most cities people would laugh at the heroin charges following Ms Gaines murder. The fact that nobody is laughing should be a huge warning to people in Baltimore. I'm glad I don't live there.

I hope that wenjunnnnn is right and technology has a civilizing effect.

The way those gangster punks, and there is no other thing to call them, managed the story and are still adapting it is obscene http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-co-courtney-charges-20160805-story.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: