Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin Gold parity is meaningless  (Read 859 times)
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:56:25 AM

it is not not nothing Smiley

bitcoin has been around only 8 years, and how long has Gold been around?
if you go out and tell any person in the street in any country of the world, old or young about gold they all know it.
but if you do that with bitcoin, you will be disappointed. but that is changing and more people know about bitcoin.

i say after this long reaching this parity is a decent achievement although it is not something to lose your head over.
and besides all these talks are great for bitcoin publicity.
I will support this one, I agreed that Gold was stand for a decades while bitcoin was 8 years up to the present. I think Gold doesn't have any uniformity into bitcoin,  though gold can't be deny is ancient Smiley But maybe the similitude of bitcoin to gold was the communiyt is giving a value of bitcoin and investors like gold in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheAlgorithm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

it is not not nothing Smiley

bitcoin has been around only 8 years, and how long has Gold been around?
if you go out and tell any person in the street in any country of the world, old or young about gold they all know it.
but if you do that with bitcoin, you will be disappointed. but that is changing and more people know about bitcoin.

i say after this long reaching this parity is a decent achievement although it is not something to lose your head over.
and besides all these talks are great for bitcoin publicity.
I will support this one, I agreed that Gold was stand for a decades while bitcoin was 8 years up to the present. I think Gold doesn't have any uniformity into bitcoin,  though gold can't be deny is ancient Smiley But maybe the similitude of bitcoin to gold was the communiyt is giving a value of bitcoin and investors like gold in the market.
I think that longevity is not the relevant factor here, because we pretty much know that Bitcoin will continue to exist for a long time as well as gold.  The reason that the two are incomparable is because Bitcoin is a currency whereas gold is just used as a store of value and for sentimental value.  Bitcoin cannot have this sentimental value as, like online fiat currency, it does not physically exist and is not physically backed by any asset.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:17:50 PM

I guess there will be no need to compare the basic units of bitcoin and gold. By exchange price bitcoin has beaten gold, that's all. It may give physiological edge for bitcoiners like now bitcoins are costlier than gold. When you talk to new people, you may say this then surely they will show surprises. I believe for bitcoiners and for media coverage it is meaningful in some sense.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
maxbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:30:29 PM

Think they are separate entitites, gold, silver and btc and be around while everything else drops off. Perhaps 1 or 2 other altcoins, but dunno
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: