Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:14:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Signature Campaign in Bitcointalk Forum  (Read 2088 times)
Luke2939 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:18:30 PM

I was wondering which was the FIRST Signature Campaign in this forum and what was the bounty or reward given to the participants. Was it be like 10 bitcoins per post for jr. member or something? (DAMN!)

Could anyone post the link if the page exists. I couldn't find after googling it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:49:57 PM

I was wondering which was the FIRST Signature Campaign in this forum and what was the bounty or reward given to the participants. Was it be like 10 bitcoins per post for jr. member or something? (DAMN!)

Could anyone post the link if the page exists. I couldn't find after googling it.

It would have been something crazy, back then I guess people got some killer rates (which at the time weren't that much).

I remember Primedice was a great paying gig, Stunna did a good job, I think at some point it was possible to make 1 BTC a month.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:33:08 PM

wasn't the first signature made by primedice? i remember it was a very big signature with many partecipants, but maybe it was an unknown signature that no one forgot anymore

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:42:41 PM

The rates would have been very attractive looking at the price of BTC now, maybe in 10 years people will look back at the signature rates now and think the same thing.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

I suppose it is like mining. It gets harder and harder to obtain BTC.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

At least you don't have to invest on it, you can start for free and you won't have any loss in the end, like with cloud mining or even a physical mining with expensive energy costs.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
d.kevin29

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:53:35 PM

The rates would have been very attractive looking at the price of BTC now, maybe in 10 years people will look back at the signature rates now and think the same thing.

I was thinking about that too, but wouldn't that make some people ULTRA rich? I mean, looking at the current price .. the richest Bitcoin address is around $150.000.000. So if Bitcoin rose according to some predictions here, so to $1.000.000, then that account would be worth 1000 times more, so $1.500.000.000.000. I personally think such an increase can't be real. A person wouldn't even have what to do with a trillion and a half dollars. Signature campaigns in the beginning sure had a very high payout if we are comparing the amount people earned here at today's rate to the amount we can earn right now. But nobody could have predicted such a huge price increase, and probably nobody would believe right now that there could be an even higher price in the future. A more realistic value at the moment would probably be $10-$15k.
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:00:55 PM

Yeah that would be fun as well. Damn if you could earn 1 bitcoin back then and hold in for a while you will be rich by now. I'm also interested to find out what it is. Maybe a Legendary rank member can chime in a little more about the history of signature campaign here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
fuckitall

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:03:43 PM

10 Btc is a huge amount man.....what i think is they might be paying out like 2 btc ? but yes surely i would love to know how much they paid because in today's signature campaigns we struggle a lot sometimes because of less payout or sometimes because of members restrictions....I ' m following this post

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:04:55 PM

I check few old threads in Services but still cannot write any thing about first Signature Campaign but 777Coin and PrimeDice both was very attractive and good for members few years back and they give some good amount for posts
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:11:10 PM

That's true and as more people get on board the signature campaign prices are also diminishing. I'm also waiting patiently if someone can tell us the first campaign of this forum and the rates they were offering.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:19:45 PM

I personally think such an increase can't be real. A person wouldn't even have what to do with a trillion and a half dollars.

I think that people thought at one point that there is no way bitcoin could be $1000, so yes it would be hard to believe that it could hit a million, but its not impossible.  at the minute some are paying 0.0035 per week.  at a million pounds that means $3,500......Smiley
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:26:05 PM

I don't know which one runs first but what I know is campaigns like rollin.io and secondstrade has been running since 2014.
 I checked previous threads and campaigns were not the deal but people are renting out their sig space ad it turns out to be like a bidding for them. I saw one asking 2 btc for a 6 month advertising.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 06:45:39 PM

First, who knows?

But one of the best was Bit-x. They had no maximum, used a bot to count posts, and for Sr. Members and up you were making BTC0.001 to BTC0.0015 per post. Almost double what's paid now.

Here's an Overview of Signature Campaigns from 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333916.0

Totally forgot about this, there's a really popular campaign called PrimeDice.

The rates weren't that much higher than today, but the post counts were a lot higher. You could earn BTC0.10+ in a week simply because you could put down 100+ posts without anyone caring.

Of course, that's what led to the greater control over policing spam and banning people that are just here to get paid. It's been a good move for the Forum.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:52:17 PM

I didn't realise sig ad spamming paid that much, but I'd rather not compromise my freedom of speech, or promote projects that I think are absolute rubbish.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:00:11 PM

10 bitcoins per post lol, it could have been if signature campaign were active in the year 2009-2010. i found an old thread of primedice signature campaign(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215769.msg2264485#msg2264485). it was a fixed campaign, not pay per post.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

I remember Primedice was a great paying gig, Stunna did a good job, I think at some point it was possible to make 1 BTC a month.

This is true. You could make that much a month. And some people arranged flat rates with signature campaigns (they weren't advertised but you could find out who had them from the bots that tracked the posts). The flat rates I say were BTC0.5 per week for some folks. Crazy times back then.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:32:31 PM

i did'nt remembered which one was the first signature campaingn, i guess when i first saw this site at 2011 at that time here already signature camps took their places so i guess it   would be somewhere in 2010 when the first sig camp strikes here for the first time. but anyway we have got great campaings like one i was got payed 0.04btc in a single week, that time i didnt realised that its price will go so high
Luke2939 (OP)

Activity: 224

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:56:29 PM

10 bitcoins per post lol, it could have been if signature campaign were active in the year 2009-2010. i found an old thread of primedice signature campaign(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215769.msg2264485#msg2264485). it was a fixed campaign, not pay per post.

lol! yeah! 10 btc per post does sound insane. But I am just saying out the possibilities. I heard there was a faucet sites back in the days where users could claim about 2 to 5 btc. Not sure about this.

I think this question would only be correctly answered by very early users such as "theymos"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 08:50:32 PM

It wasn't that much. I believe at most like a few bucks. I could be wrong and it would be interesting to know.

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: