Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a trading bot for the "trust no-one" guys .  (Read 3183 times)
advanced (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:30:28 AM

Is it important that your bot remain closed source? I don't have anything against closed source, but if you're willing to give access to your source code to those on the beta list, who could potentially release it themselves, why not just release the code to the public?
Hi nitrous Wink
Yes it is necessary that the bot remain closed source. The business model will be embedded in the source code and I can't allow people to just comment out those lines.
People on betalist will have to sign an NDA and will face consequences if distributing the source without authorisation.

Thank you again for your suggestions!

That's extraordinarily poor design

Hi joshki, I'd love to hear from you better designed solutions.

Why?  I have no desire to enable you, or teach you basic software design.
The constrain here is that the bot only communicates with mtgox. Please, enlighten us.

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:25:07 PM

Sorry to be obtuse... but with Buy/Sell orders on Gox, what value does a trading bot do for you???
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:28:43 PM

Sorry to be obtuse... but with Buy/Sell orders on Gox, what value does a trading bot do for you???

The question isn't really about a trading bot. The author is trying to figure out how to get closed source software trusted enough to be used. 

A bot that does nothing but trade on mtgox could be trivially reverse engineered to find out  whatever super secret algorithm is used.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:48:27 PM

Firewalls won't help! You could do some clever thing such as modify the cache of a browser to make it pass your API keys to your site when next opened. Inject into another process. Etc etc. There's tons of possibilities.

Source code or GTFO. Seriously, I'm not trusting anything I don't build from source, especially when it involves thousands of dollars.
yeah
advanced (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:14:10 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 02:33:22 PM by advanced

How can you tell gox to sell/buy 20coins at market price, only if the price drops/rise under/above a threshold?

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: