Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notifications for posts in which you've been quoted?  (Read 2747 times)
20kevin20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:10:19 PM

Hi,

I rarely used the "Show new replies to your posts" link - does that page show the new posts on the threads in which you've been quoted? Ever since I joined this forum I thought the link sends you just to see new posts on threads you've replied, but what I'm looking for is being notified in case someone quoted you so that I can reply back.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:53:35 PM

No, as far as I'm aware that facility is not available, but may be on the New Forum Coming Soontm

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 08:30:27 PM

There's another thread about this same thing here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1808508.0

and there was yet another one previously, to which I answered:

I do have one method that works somewhat well: go into the search tool of BCT and type in your own name, and it'll show the most recent quote of yours (in a quote tree, even) or any mention of your username. It's a little barbaric, but it gets the job done

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 11:33:02 PM

Hi,

I rarely used the "Show new replies to your posts" link - does that page show the new posts on the threads in which you've been quoted? Ever since I joined this forum I thought the link sends you just to see new posts on threads you've replied, but what I'm looking for is being notified in case someone quoted you so that I can reply back.

Thank you!
"Show new replies to your posts" shows all topics that you have posted. After each post on such thread, topic will apear on this page. But there is no way how to get notification after someone quotes your post. Maybe it will be available on new version of forum.

20kevin20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:46:03 AM

Thanks for the replies. I will use the search function for quotes.

EDIT:
I tried it but it shows the quotes sorted descending by relevance which means I can see for example posts from 2015 on the first page. Sad
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 07:44:53 PM

EDIT:
I tried it but it shows the quotes sorted descending by relevance which means I can see for example posts from 2015 on the first page. Sad

Sort by most recent, and it'll give you the most recent quotes that are at the top of a quote stack, or any mention of your name. Simple enough.

A quote stack would be an inverse-pyramidal chain of quotes, where people refuse to chop off earlier quotes
ex.

reply #1
reply to #1
reply to #2

and it will show you the post from the deepest quote.

tokenmarket

Activity: 492
Merit: 291

TokenMarket.net

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 12:49:36 AM

I think they do not have this kind of feature, yet. It kinda makes hard to follow up a thread after you posted.

.TokenMarket.
██▀▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌

██▄▄
▀▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌

▄▄██
██▀▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌

██▄▄
▬★ Full Service ICO Advisory ★▬
Follow and Research Tokens
★▬▬▬ Subscribe Now ▬▬▬★
▀▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌

▄▄██
20kevin20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:37:13 AM

EDIT:

Sort by most recent, and it'll give you the most recent quotes that are at the top of a quote stack, or any mention of your name. Simple enough.

A quote stack would be an inverse-pyramidal chain of quotes, where people refuse to chop off earlier quotes
ex.

reply #1
reply to #1
reply to #2

and it will show you the post from the deepest quote.

Now it works fine! I tried sorting by recent posts but the last column with the message date confused me. I didn't check the actual messages I got there.

Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: